3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
EvKras 14.02.20 02:15 pm

Error Cannot find 640x480 video mode (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City)

Hello guys when I launch the game error cannot find 640x480 video mode. What I just did, Google, andexer was malil, bingil. Nothing helps. Vidyuhi 460 gtx, Windows 7. Tried a lot of mods, I created a custom resolution of 640*480, set compatibility with all operating systems, set the checkbox to run as administrator, downloaded the files posted to the most popular video on YouTube for the correction of this error. Have reviewed a lot of video, including video from the Apache that was running this game at all!!! without a DISK!!! what to do? how to live? help, can someone faced with such badoy, what they did to resolve?
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
SairitVS 14.02.20

EvKras
As I understand it is necessary to run the game in your resolution which supports your monitor is 640x480 and not explicitly. Next is to remove all mods. If that does not work then download another Repack

h
han298 14.02.20

EvKras
Just try to optimize the game through Nvidia GeForce Experience. There is another option, but it then...

m
moonlight500 14.02.20

han298
th then, now come on. man asks for help and you show off

h
han298 14.02.20

moonlight500
I help him, will not help what I said, I'll write more... And you, if you have something on the topic - speak, no - say nothing. I see only what you show off here soon, I don't want to write a very long post, not being sure that a simple solution will not help.

UPD: in Short, for the applications particularly the suffering of the viewers, I started Vice on 10-ke. As I thought, this is the shamanic dance with a tambourine and I'll write very much and long. I don't fully understand why she requires to run such a sequence of actions, but nevertheless... let's start.
1. Immediately forget about Nvidia Geforce Experience, since then he can not help us, he has not in his library of games Vice city, the old GTA there this San andrés.
2. Go to control Panel"Nvidia, there go to Modify permissions and put there only 800x600.
3. Go to the root game folder and find the executable. Go to properties, and there exhibited work with 98th Windows, and put a tick in the option"Use 640x480.
4. Immediately after the maximum fuck up the resolution on your FullHD\4K display, go in the game, nostolgia for the days of Tetris. Next is go to settings and set there the ones we need. All, here we have more cases there, we leave.
5. Return all to default.(in the control panel of the graphics card and the executable don't forget to restore)
6. Again, we go in the GTA. The computer goes crazy with such manipulation of the permissions and again runs it in 640x480 resolution, but none the less he runs, which initially do why it would not, giving an error about the lack of resolution 640x480.
7. Well then everything is simple - go back to game settings and change the permission we need. Voila - you have run GTA VC on Windows 10. And Yes, after this run you should no longer have errors and shamanic dances, for the setting to take effect.
PS Maybe something from this list can be done differently, something shorter, but this method came up with now on the knee, and criticize something I don't need.

m
moonlight500 14.02.20

han298
as you write, suddenly help him? if you do not help will look for the problem further. I'm still looking through Google but there is nothing good

H
Huanita 14.02.20

han298
I have after changing the modem to the router when you start next to the arrow of the mouse poyavlyaetsa ring expectations it won't go away until you turn off the computer before the modem when the launcher clicked appeared the entrance to the network I was logged into the game today ..even after playing the ring waiting near the arrow mouse won't go away. how to remove I have a seven?

[
[VIP] 14.02.20

Cannot find 640x480 video mode error • Link
Download fixed GTA III/GTA VC DDraw Component and put the ddraw.dll in [9]

Y
YourDevil54 03.11.21

gta-vc.exe in the file properties, put a checkmark to use 640x480, compatibility mode with windows 7, run from the administrator. ready

M
Mikhail Ukhov 20.01.23

It worked for me to run the game in compatibility mode.