3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 15.02.20 09:54 pm

Opinions about the game (Populous: The Beginning)

That game came out a long time ago. Opinions, probably, have accumulated. Share.
8 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ilya Rak 15.02.20

Well, the game was good then, good now.
Pluses of the game:
Terraforming. The formation of the landscape allows us to engage with the countryside, rather than adapt to it. You can destroy the knowledge of the earthquake, and it is possible to drown, submerging the land under it.

The physics in the game. Where else to find physics in the game, if the strategy genre. And Populous it is, and the game came in 1998. Thanks to physics, played more interesting: objects move around the map and interact with each other. Pieces of the building scattered across the map, spray water when you get it. Beautiful fall, when the soil leaves from under the base.
Besides, the game has real height. That is not a graphic deception that there is a height difference, and the real upgrades, faults, cavities. If you climb higher (on a hill or tower), the radius of the attack increases. That, of course, can be used as a tactic.

Physics and terraforming are the distinctive features of the game, thanks to them, the game has a twist, it's fun to play. Populous not outdated like some older games, which is nothing special.

A
Alert 15.02.20

NG a lot shkoloty, they don't know about this game. I'm sorry...

R
RikoChiko 15.02.20

Difficult the game was. Seems I remember in the seventh level of ruined, where the tribes had to fight.
It should be on the emulator notch in it.

d
driver_116 15.02.20

Help somebody to find this game on the PC, a link for download, I played it on the Sony in childhood, I'd like to again pass.

M
Maximozavr 15.02.20

driver_116
need more referring?

M
Maximozavr 15.02.20

one of my favorite games! periodically going back to it! that would have made a remake on a modern dviglo...

j
jhkhjkh 15.02.20

Maximozavr
Also I would like to see some remastering, even if it was now on this engine by simply changing all the graphics more beautiful, since computers have enough power to get it all to work)

M
Mad_cloud 30.03.21

I played it on Ps 1, a lot of pleasant memories of this game, although it was quite difficult, but it was all perceived as a challenge and it was very pleasant to pass it. I really did not launch it for 15 years, but apparently I came across it once and it was necessary to feel nostalgic.