3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
OswaldXI 04.09.19 03:33 pm

The changing of the seasons (winter-summer) in games

Was wondering which game was it implemented?
Just worth mentioning the presence in the game of different locations, including summer and winter - is not considered. So it is not necessary to mention North Yankton GTAV from.
I need some one location was presented both in summer and in the winter version.
I managed to only remember Mafia 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.
15 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anglerfish 04.09.19

OswaldXI
K as Rogue even customize. In General, it will be in Bannerlord, there is a spring, summer, autumn, and winter will be.
That's not counting all sorts of strategies a La Total War or Guild, as I understand?

O
OswaldXI 04.09.19

Anglerfish
Wow, rogue is summer?
I'm in the game is not played, only the beginning on YouTube watched.
There was a cold, icebergs and the loss of health when swimming. Well, what I thought.
And now it became interesting again. :)

A
Anglerfish 04.09.19

OswaldXI
There at the beginning of summer, when the estate Davenport is trained.

m
mr.Stng 04.09.19

Bully, there in the story the seasons change

Z
Z126 04.09.19

The Last of us - in the course of the story.
And to sims 1-3 (with DLS)

D
Domoi 04.09.19

Don' t Starve.

R
Rotartfoll 20.02.22

Nobody called Wurm online))) legendary game)))

M
MunchkiN 616 20.02.22

in tes 2 daggerfall it was winter summer. but the subsequent parts are not.

r
requiemmm 20.02.22

"Eureka!" from ice axes. Conventionally, the 12th Finale, there already one location has two modes, a drought and a flood, because of which it is impossible to complete the quest right away, because the required NPC spawns in another mode.

n
nighthawkreal 20.02.22

In Outward, if you hang around for a long time in the initial location, winter will come and the GG will start to freeze his stern.

W
Widukynd 14.05.22

Very interesting topic... It's strange why everyone is so puzzled by the millions of triangles in the image of cobblestone on modern game engines. Therefore, you involuntarily think about what would be really interesting to me - here is a change in the world in time, yes, it would be interesting ...

M
MunchkiN 616 14.05.22

... here is a change in the world in time, yes, it would be interesting ...
technically complex, complex, simple, it's normal to show it. for this, we need an algorithm for covering snow, since it falls unevenly there, fills everything and melts unevenly around different objects. the travon cycle should be with animation. it is an order of magnitude more difficult for models to develop them and not just grass textures. similarly with trees and their leaves and optimizations. trees still need to be far windy and with complex particles. freezing of water. not every game has waves on the water on which you can swim, basically it is a plane, but here it will be necessary to do everything on such geometry. Now games are easier to make.
so it is necessary to have 10 times more polygons and textures in games, then you can make climatic cycles. be a real nextgen. and the pack either it is summer at the click of a deputy or the textures are easy to repaint according to normals.

r
requiemmm 14.05.22

There is no need to simulate everything in real time. Most players don’t remember the landscape in principle, only the very fact of its change, so if you use procedural generation for the ground, from 4 sets of cells, and deliberately screw up the graphics, explaining this by lack of funds and the author’s vision of the project, yes, secure yourself by locking the player for a while change of scenery in a room without windows, and so everything will work. Trees in place? On the spot. Do you see the boulder? You see. Everything, go through the forest, it snowed, everything is like in life.

T
TapaKeHT 30.06.22

Of the things not mentioned above, only Stardew Valley and Project Zomboid come to mind, and in the latter you will see this fucking change, because you will either die by this moment and rage back or just get tired of playing, because you literally have to wait 365 in-game days to pass the year, with taking into account the fact that players rarely choose the length of the day less than the real hour.

B
Benedikt Wolframovich 25.10.22

I don’t remember the singles right off the bat, it’s necessary to delve into the memory. But it seems in Ashes of Creation there will be a change of seasons. Although I don't know much about MMOs, it's possible that there is something like that all over the place.