3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
N1GHT_FLY 17.02.20 11:11 pm

Crashes after 15-20 minutes of play (Fallout 4)

After about ~15-20 minutes of the game faloc crashes. No errors and other things.
*Tried to play in window with minimal settings.
*Tried using GeForce Experience to run already ITS settings.
*Tried to delete the DLC files and played with them and without them with max/lowest settings(as written above)
*In the ini files would not climb.
Faloc license without the incentive of purchased DLC. Version 1.10.xxx (xxx - don't remember exactly)
Half a year ago I played without crashes and freezes at ~40 FPS.
Now I
------
Windows 10 x64, 16 Gb ram, GTX 750ti 2Gb
17 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 17.02.20

N1GHT_FLY
For starters, you can cache to check.

N1GHT_FLY wrote:
After about ~15-20 minutes of the game faloc crashes. No errors and other things.
Crashes in any particular location or at different.
A new game or loaded an old save game,try starting a new game and see if crashes.
Remove INIшники and make the settings again.

N
N1GHT_FLY 17.02.20

saa0891 Crashes not be in any particular place. To fly can be anywhere. The cache is checked, the test always passes. Started a new game.
INI in the game folder or remove Documents?

s
saa0891 17.02.20

N1GHT_FLY
In the documents.

n
nestrbob 17.02.20

N1GHT_FLY
Try to increase the paging file .

M
Mag Otshelnik 17.02.20

Briefly check hard.Can hard broken.I was such.
Then perhaps your Follica the corrupted file.
We can have to exchange it for another copy.
Try to swing another copy of the fall and test.

M
Mr. Sondzhu 17.02.20

N1GHT_FLY
The cause can be changes directly in the file Fallout4.ini. If it did, then such changes should be moved to file Fallout4Custom.ini. You want to create, if it is not. All these actions with the files produced in the folder settings, which is located in My documents.

N
N1GHT_FLY 17.02.20

saa0891
nestrbob
The system increased the swap file from 5GB to 7гб. Deleted the ini files and in the docks and in the game folder. Settings low(I put Sam launcher). Playing without DLC. I try to put the DLC.
40 minutes play, like the rules.

N
N1GHT_FLY 17.02.20

Schyas I played. Busted in the Badlands during a firefight with the mutants. Action scenes in enclosed spaces regulations.

s
saa0891 17.02.20

N1GHT_FLY wrote:
Schyas I played. Busted in the Badlands during a firefight with the mutants. Action scenes in enclosed spaces regulations.
The case can be either in the system or in the gland (campaign still iron where it can not cope),video card you have is pretty weak for this game but the minimum salary has to pull,you can try a LOW configs to download.

l
lexx818 17.02.20

Possible broken line of memory, although I have a overheating North bridge (the chip from Gigabyte AMD970 at T>68 C) and CPU (FX8320 at T>76 C) frequency resets to 0 (triggers built-in protection) and the game crashes to desktop without any notifications. When the game is not enough VRAM, it rake it out of RAM and paging file. And 16 GB is enough. Perhaps a small swap file (or put it on automatic, 1.5 or more of RAM). It's also possible that you have stupidly not enough free space on the HDD.

O
Ostap_Sobol 17.02.20

Crashes after 10-15 minutes and not once does it mean overheating (most likely your graphics card).Since you write that before the game worked fine then you need a cleaning(purging) of coolers,CPU,graphics card,PSU.
If you have updated the game to the latest version(and included in this update is HD pack with new textures from the developers),then it requirements to video memory at least 4 GB.
PS
I play on legacy version of the game 1.10.64.0(87 installed mods, 2K texture for the body,there are clothes on 2K).
Useless(personal opinion) GFExperience disabled and removed from startup.
Processor I5-6400 2.70 GHz 4 core loads by 7 to 18 %
I have 8 GB of RAM,the paging file is 4GB,the game potrebam on average from 3600 to 6000 GB.
On ultra graphics settings(no HD texture packs fashion)unhappy 1050TI (4 GB), I did capture the video stream hardware encoder NVENC - fights with monsters 50-400 against my 10 companions with short-term drops fps to 45 fps.If you generate up to 600-800 Pak big monsters, like the Beast or Claw of death -and then the game starts lag and fly.
What I wrote this PS the video Card I have is also weak(128 bus is the lower limit of a gaming PC),but it and at max load not heated to 57 deg.,and coolers it start working from 61-65 degrees.,its only advantage is not clogged.
Why buy-the money was no more(I'm on disability), and version 1060 3 GB,equivalent in price but with the rules of the bus, the shops were not at that time.

n
nestrbob 17.02.20

N1GHT_FLY
Open the virtual memory settings and look at the recommended amount . The paging file is set when the OS and cannot be changed in operating mode . Each game eats RAM and uses the swap file differently . I have torn down Fallout 4 and can't post the screenshot with the data , but there are screens of other games where it is clear that 7ГБ paging is not enough . Hold the value when prompted . For example, in Andromeda RAM eats almost 11ГБ and 13ГБ the paging file .
Spoiler

O
Ostap_Sobol 17.02.20

nestrbob
Not exactly,ME and Andromeda runs fine on 8 GB of RAM I have(as recommended in the min. Syst. req.).
The other is 32 GB of RAM - so it takes a little more than 16 GB, that is due to its poor optimization so wide takes.
Increase the paging file is half useless salvation,because the speed of even SSD drive is far from the speed of the memory.
Here is a video I did capture Studio OBS NVENC encoder(mode recording quality:indistinguishable quality,large file size) in your miserable 8 GB of RAM:
Spoiler

n
nestrbob 17.02.20

1Остап Sable
Where does the speed of RAM and SSD ? The swap file is not created in order to make the game they replaced the RAM . It creates base data blocks that are frequently involved in the game and during the game there is an appeal not shared files , and to have the pending blocks in the paging file . Even with the amount of RAM 32GB , the game still uses the swap file because its task is different from the work of RAM . It is like a bookmark in the book on the right pages to flip through each time the whole book to find the right quotes . The game adjusts to a set iron PC and chooses under the optimal operation . If the game runs stable with 8GB of RAM and 4GB of video , it does not mean that on a PC with 16GB of RAM and 8GB of video boot to be similar . The game utilizes the full potential of the installed iron . For normal operation , the paging file should be 150% of RAM .

O
Ostap_Sobol 17.02.20

nestrbob
And the speed?-moreover, the queries came the answer with what speed the disk is given,the competent use of technical terms,and ask such questions.(He's like a bookmark in the book on the right pages to flip through each time the whole book to find the right quotesis not yours and even copied - I dare to say).
I was repairing in his youth, the master of our workshop with the volume of operative memory of 16 GB and above cut off(I have the same opinion) this is unnecessary thing in the modern iron is the paging file.The more SSD for the pagefile is murder(2-3 years and throw).

n
nestrbob 17.02.20

1Остап Sable
You're talking about . The swap file is used to optimize RAM memory when large amounts of different data in games . Your reasoning at the Amateur level . The game is installed on SSD and the pagefile on it , so what is the appeal of RAM when you search in the folders of the game or reset blocks of the same data to the paging file ? So as you can say that you can not do a defragmentation of files on your hard disk or the registry , since it works . It is possible , but will brake in the system . The system creates a data structure in the paging file to locate them in the folders of the game or prog that speeds up the work as a whole .
PS I Never claim that is based only on your opinion . I haven't come to other people's quotes in their posts . I liked your expression I was repairing in his youth . The forum is not only children , even though he was playing , such statements raise a smile . I'm probably older than you and with PC work since 1992 .

O
Ostap_Sobol 17.02.20

Nonsense are you superficial your knowledge is outdated by 6 years at least-judging by your statements about competent optimization of the system under the use of SSD drives,even if you neponimaesh the difference of installed game on SSD and operation of the paging file on the SSD.
What makes you smile I'm not interested. My age is 48 years,and for their approval I say real action, none of the customers complained about my style system optimization(since it is based on years of experience and not only my,and most experts of our Studio and not only ours in particular).
Spoilerly address Yalta, St. stahanovskaya 19 80 kV,Sable Ostap Valentinovich.Going on vacation come to visit,we'll go to our workshop and we'll look at 6 of our experts(experience of repair and maintenance of computer systems from 6 to 14 years),when you tell them their arguments about the page file and SSD lead and justify.

PS
First - You nonsense . The swap file is used to optimize RAM .The paging file (swap file) in the windows environment was created primarily for the collection and processing of debugging information (often blue screens, etc., to enable the system diagnostics by microsoft engineers , further study and improve the quality of software...) .But not for the optimization of the memory(optimize and out of memory is not the same thing),and moreover for optimizing games.
The second you call,my raving about the speed.The computer hardware involved in broadcasting the addresses of almost all the schemes of memory management.
But in the case of virtual memory it becomes more challenging due to occlusion of the display and the multidimensionality of the logical address space.