3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Whitekobra 19.02.20 10:50 pm

Similar games (and if you want?) (XCOM 2)

Hello, my name is Yaroslav and I... um, young developer. And so I was lucky that I was born in Russia, and therefore there is a possibility that the young designer not soon change its status.

But it is a little not that. I have an idea, or rather project, as preparatory stages all passed. And I need to figure out who will play our game (Yes, I already have a team) so I ask you to answer a few simple questions.

Just imagine, a tactical strategy game, like XCOM, only the setting... Well, let's say, Gears of War.

1) you would Like in this play?
2) Why Yes? / Why not?
3) What attracts you even in turn-based strategies?
4) Your gender and age? (specify 20+/30+/40+if you don't want to write the exact figure)
5) At what level of complexity You were the most interesting to play? If you want similar complexity, simplified or complicated gameplay?
6) Three of your favorite games in a similar genre

Thanks in advance for your answers, they're really very important. You see, thanks to you all will) If you're interested to follow the development and subscribe to my blog. In addition to the survey until September there will be nothing to appear likely, but then you will be among the first to see the news.
8 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrew Nash 19.02.20

No, you imagine a tactical strategy RPG in the style of Splinter Cell, with fully destructible game world in a realistic model of destruction: burning-fire wood/dry grass/leaves/oil, etc., frost-defrost-split ice, flooding, draining, crumpled metal, broken glass properly, the traces on all types of surfaces, depending on the change of weather or seasons/deployment (Yalta - Dombai). The ability to pass the ruined place an infinite number of times, on request, in different time of year - the changing of textures, the complete memorization game previous destruction of the card and in this regard - the application of new weather or time damaged textures on the surface. Casings from weapons, bullet holes. Realistic model of body damage, by shots/explosions and falls, including unarmed combat. Physics ragdoll a fundamentally new model, with a hint of realism 2018. Absolute opportunity to stumble on decaying corpses/skeletons enemies (in the game) over time return to this map at will. Full save all the maps of belongings, which has not been collected in previous times (allowed looting NPCs living their lives). Implemented in absolute stealth, at least in SS Black List: there are several kinds of disarming strangulation or death of the NPC 2 types of development through peace, where the opportunity to see that disabled the enemy out, instead of lying exactly on the ground, like the one that slaughtered and war - where it is possible to cut, to split, to break the neck, to pierce the ears and arteries and all this in a step by step - this has not sold one single strategy. We should also implement the mode Rambo - one against all.
A great opportunity to change the appearance of all the characters under your control. Detailed study of the modernization of weapons. Deep learning technology, the enemy in particular. The opportunity to build a base not only with a view of Ala Mein of war, and with a nuanced and detailed view Ala StarCraft 2. And in General it looks better in isometric view, since the main part of the game yuzaesh with it. To realize the possibilities of silent kills, Ala the accident, as in the 47th
Accordingly, the better Grifoni - the higher the chance, the demonstration of the demo collect loot to kike, I say at once that cats on a 2D isometric engine of 1996 bite is extremely rare percentage of people, and it's a very delicate moment of your market and promises must be kept and not allow his ambition to prevail over their real possibilities. If today is to do something like SS, MG, Stalker/Metro and Estafas - you can succeed, but GOW or another XCOM - this is taskbar. Why? Because a good/fresh idea from a young developer is much better to improve the chance to cease to be such and is likely to continue with this project in a normal office, which will suddenly become interested in this project than doing americredit and naive to think to shoot, as a young developer trying to do interesting project that was supposed to surpass mastadontov of the same genre. IMHO

W
Whitekobra 19.02.20

Andrew Nash
For starters, thank you so much for such informative answer. Just don't throw promises and said I want to exceed them. No, thank you. If I'm lucky and after spending several years of his life we still shoot the project (I have no doubt that will be fine, but to shoot on the masses - hardly). The level of complexity of graphics can be obtained only in very large budget.
Just I already have the mechanics that I used in my Amateur nastolko. You have a unit , destructible, and the concept of cover, the height as in XCOM. And the setting of Gears of War. Okay, well I will not say the name of this game, write far future, the consequences of war". Just so clear.

Well, in the plan will taskbar... in General very hard to do it all. Not having at the moment, the budget can only bring a people to the enthusiasm, I think you understand that there are not many. Go to the office? And I do not take it without proper experience. Accumulated, practiced. But to get to the office, which is not implement as taskbar we need experience, not just take, especially on the position of lead gambiza (well damn, my idea still). It is necessary to try yourself. Let's see what happens.

Although it's not that, it will be released or not, I now just did the survey. It is interesting to me) do Not throw promises, not asking for criticism it is possible or not (but grateful), not saying that I'm someone will surpass no. I want to make my game. And at the moment I want to do a little research, I wonder whether in theory such a game)
PS If there are errors, do not pay attention, I have no weekend 6 day)

A
Andrew Nash 19.02.20

Although the case is not whether it will be released or not, I now just did the survey. It is interesting to me) do Not throw promises, not asking for criticism it is possible or not (but grateful), not saying that I'm someone will surpass no. I want to make my game. And at the moment I want to do a little research, I wonder whether in theory such a game)
PS If there are errors, do not pay attention, I have no weekend 6 day)

AAA! I love you in anything do not blame, but only gave advice how to do the impossible, and that, in my humble, in your place I would do if I were in the real world would even be a couple of friends handy enthusiasts

W
Whitekobra 19.02.20

Andrew Nash
Misunderstood means you) In any case, thank you. I'm actually very surprised that I could now write comments, though not to answer questions (and no, it's not the least bit hint) ;)

B
BarackKamacho 19.02.20

The campaign setting is strictly defined or is it just for example?

m
marksman47 19.02.20

1) you would Like in this play? Yes very.
2) Why Yes? / Why not? My favorite genre.
3) What attracts you even in turn-based strategies? Options and the thoughtfulness of moves.
4) Your gender and age? (specify 20+/30+/40+if you don't want to write the exact figure) 30+
5) At what level of complexity You were the most interesting to play? If you want similar complexity, simplified or complicated gameplay? Easier.
6) Three of your favorite games in a similar genre. Commandos, Fallout 1, 2,. XCOM.

-
-scv- 19.02.20

here to play for the opposite side of the conquerors, I think it will be quite interesting. can be deployed as abilities and weapons. a squad of 6-8 aliens vs hordes of humans or zombies.
mission infection: a party of 2-3 crisalida Horde of people (with or without weapons) objective: sapristi all (until mid - secondary weapons) in the end of the map already say (heavy weapons) they take the weight (carefully).
instead of money (on globalt) glasses arrival 2 UFOs per month (one plate stably knocked - mission to survive the squad to reinforcement)
and one of the speciality with the regime of brutality to add animation deaths (like Warhammer - like those skirmishes where the robot is doing very painful normal unit)
...all I will not write. fatty will

W
Whitekobra 19.02.20

marksman47
Thank you very much for the answer)-scv-
-scv-
Interesting option, but we will be different. Thank you)