3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AlexAvP 27.02.20 01:42 am

Mystic RAM

Ladies and gentlemen,good afternoon.Mysticism is the following: there is mother gigabyte ga-p35-s3g with the support of 8 GB Opera,two laths on 2GB(it was) and two laths on 4GB(bought for the upgrade).Insert 2по4 system,everest, cpu-z sees 8,but there are 4 available.In bios only 4.Insert 2по2-sees 4,доступно4,everyone is happy,everyone laughs...If you insert a single 4-GB (any in any slot)-it shows 4GB,2GB available.Faced with such for the first time, if someone knows or thinks on this issue - I would be very grateful...
13 Comments
Sort by:
a
anotoleololo 27.02.20

compatible memory/frequency/timings/voltage/settings in BIOS crooked exposed. I had a similar situation with 3 memory modules for 4GB from different manufacturers, with different frequencies (one different from the others) and the timings (at all). there were 4 or 8 GB, depending on the location in the slots. in R-te after experimenting with a alternation in what sort of order at the same time earned all of the modules, even at an increased frequency. no settings in the BIOS have not changed.

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

anotoleololo
Here's the screenshots operatives and BIOS.If you know what where and how-I would be grateful.At the moment there are 2 for 4.BIOS shows 4

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

the testimony of everest.windows 7 max.In the screenshot vista.but it is the mount Everest is lies..

a
anotoleololo 27.02.20

no, you're on your own

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

Frets.The illness is identified,now maybe someone knows a cure?

A
Aktay 27.02.20

At first I thought that the BIOS of remap included, but since 2x2 is seen as 4, then not not suitable (then again checked in the manual, there is no such function at all... or not noticed...). I climbed in QVL-sheet - 4 GB dies there, and in front of the 2 gigs listed two way. You made the dies on the one hand, but it seems to me that all the same it is dual rank (8 MB 8-bit chips on the right/left sides) unilateral since memory. That is, either the mother did not see the dies greater than 2 GB, the manual-they are all the same and there is either 4GB die must be two-way. Not just the same as each die sees half of the volume. Can try BIOS update... but on the website only 5 versions and none of them is not listed of any corrections in the work RAM. While such reflections
And Yes, who knows what, but you're inserted into the connectors on the manual? And tried different slots, right?

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

Aktay
Yes,different slots.The result is zero. And Yes,side planks are identical.

A
Aktay 27.02.20

AlexAvP
Yeah, once the sides are identical, so it must be dual rank double-sided. And you can make a screenshot with strips of Thaiphoon Burner? And since only one 4-gig die see 2-gigs, then, most likely, can't mother to work with the 4 Gigabyte dice in principle. Of course, there is always the option of incompatibility of memory, especially since (if you get the other 4 gigs, with them check). Try to update the BIOS, but I don't think it's something to give, as in the descriptions of all the firmware there is nothing about the RAM
PS: once again reviewed the manual, did Ramapo in the BIOS's no. Alternatively, try it in single channel insert 2-gig modules, the other one has 4-gigs. And sit with 8-mew gigs in that case, of course, if the system is running. Then stability test it cuts)

M
MagicHero 27.02.20

It is possible that the motherboard does not support 4 gigs of the die because the maximum volume is only 8 gigs and a 4 gig for 2 in all slots.

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

Aktay
About cuts:it was all worked.Just change the percent on the XEON X5472 and he,infection,with dvuhgolosyj straps does not want to work...Tomorrow will be another 4-gigabye,see Shaw as...If the same bullshit,it's above 2 gigs, the mother did not give.

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

MagicHero
You may be right..

A
Aktay 27.02.20

AlexAvP wrote:
If the same crap,then above 2 gigs mom doesn't give
Most likely, I have already wrote twice. Good luck!