3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Recruit_Main 27.02.20 12:33 pm

Replacement HDD

I want to replace the HDD on the ps 4 slim what are the pitfalls? the warranty is void? or wait until the warranty istice.
18 Comments
Sort by:
A
AnPei 27.02.20

Remap
Guarantee remains if nothing is broken. Suitable drives from laptops, high-speed 7500 rpm. HHD risky , the most suitable price and reliability SSHD. I have PS4 with 2014 installed. Pitfalls -when downloading software you need to register the name of the file manually if writing is error the console neuvidish. File need to download the full, for each language oresany . And so nothing complicated.

c
callmegod 27.02.20

Replacing the HDD is covered by warranty. It's kind of spelled out in the agreement. The warranty will lose, if the new HDD will cause some breakage. As hardware and mechanical.

V
Vovan Wolfovich 27.02.20

An__ei
What is the reliability, in comparison HDD vs SSHD?
SSHD - Solid-State Hybrid Drive. The same HDD with the mechanics, but the addition of fast Cache memory,+, miniature SSD.
HDD - Hard Disk Drive. Classic.
In what place SSHD reliable? The cache memory should help to improve the situation, but only with small blocks. the volume of buffer in SSD 8 GB HDD 1000 GB.
My HDD 3000 GB work under the torrents 3rd year day. What's next? And here igrulki, duck the more.

A
AnPei 27.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
What does the hard drive for the PC . On the console everything is compact. HDD high-speed become very hot due to the high temperature plastic parts deform. The console seems to work and you know that no as before, and protest nothing. It is better to err.

V
Vovan Wolfovich 27.02.20

An__ei
A Curling iron is not cooled, the fans there are? I do not know. But high-speed drives have temperature indicators on WD RE 7200, 50 degree working for him the normal conditions. Especially for igrulek, Yes again. It is not a burden but a rest.
To err? And to recommend a hybrid HDD? That will change. Hybrid HDD are not on the 7200?
Found here
And then what? I can not understand what You dragged SSHD here? There's mounting base? After all, who bothers to buy a HDD at 5400 rpm, which is more of a choice. I've been watching that one just Seagate, I personally dismiss him, although he seems better.
In short, I don't see the safety net, in addition to overpayment for hybrid, as in fact he was suddenly safer.

A
AnPei 27.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
SSHD I have installed because in 2014 no SSD in the PS4 did not put the price was prohibitive and no guarantee that will work. Games installed on the PS4 for 12-24 hours very long, any way to speed up . HHD long time, SSD is faster but very expensive, SSHD, a little faster and the price is adequate. After the release of PS4 began to change hard drives because the 500GB. due to the long install the game is not an option. Online after the release was tests (with stopwatch tests download time on different drives).

s
saa0891 27.02.20

An__ei wrote:
Games installed on the PS4 for 12-24 hours is very long

V
Vovan Wolfovich 27.02.20

An__ei
Googled it. saa0891 very correct SFII posted. Business on the Internet, and to HDD.
About the SSD, no one spoke.
An__ei wrote:
SHD-a little faster and the price is adequate
In what place faster? Than the cache help the speed of loading? Googling the definition of cache and.
I pomegues-memory – a special type of RAM that acts as a buffer to store intermediate data that is already read from the hard drive, but has not yet been forwarded for further processing, and for storing data to which the system calls quite often.
Now tell me, what does the cache memory to load the game, which weighs in at 50 GB?
An__ei wrote:
with stopwatch tests download time on different drives).
Throw me a link, it is very interesting how, due to the low Internet speed has suddenly increased the download speed of the game.
Again You are using is not acceptable concepts / out of place, not versed in the HDD and are not able to directly answer the question.
I will say this - RUBBISH COLLECTED, no offense. The cache, which just added to the HDD, in the amount of 8 GB, the result is SSHD. How it affects the game loading speed is not clear. And certainly do not understand how suddenly this drive was reliable (although there is sensitive understood, rubbish collected, it happens).
As the owners suggest, throw the Curling iron in a sleep mode.

A
AnPei 27.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
Solarhybrid hard drives SSHD. For and against

Hi friends! A very good question. Yes, hybrid hard drive SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) runs faster than normal hard disk at least 30% more about the same. If a regular hard drive 1 TB is 4 000 rubles, SSHD can be bought for 5 400 rubles. Produced such discs as standard computers and laptops.

First, what is a hybrid hard drive

Technology of production of hard disks (the only computer peripheral with moving mechanical parts) for a long time at an impasse and to increase the speed of the hard disk production by almost impossible, which proves the appearance on the market of solid state drives SSD and hybrid hard drives SSHD. But if the SSD is completely non-mechanical storage device based on memory chips, the hybrid hard disk, it is primarily a conventional hard drive is soldered on this Board a quick flash MLC memory (8 GB) used in the manufacture of solid-state drives, so SSHD is a hybrid between a conventional hard drive and SSD.

Secondly, why is the hybrid hard drive SSHD is running faster than normal hard drive

In the hybrid SSHD drives from Seagate technology of self - Seagate Adaptive Memory, exploring from the first seconds of the installed disk operating system, most used programs and files are copied to the flash drive SSHD, these files include primarily the elements involved in the loading of the operating system, so Windows from the second and third times will load faster, because the download of Windows will happen from the flash memory. For example, on my computer downloading Windows 8.1 installed on a regular HDD occurs within 35-40 seconds, and the SSHD - 20 seconds on a conventional SSD SSD - 15 seconds. The same applies to constantly used in your applications, they will run somewhat faster. Take for example, demanding a modern computer game you ever played, in my experience, to boot this game will be three times faster than a conventional HDD.

Hybrid hard drive SSHD, is the Golden mean

In General, the ideal configuration of the drives in the system unit to a normal home user is as follows: bought two drives, first the SSD termotechnik (volume 120 to 240 GB) for the installation of the operating system and the second regular HDD for file storage (volume) 2-3 TB needed for all of about 10 000. And if you purchase one hybrid drive SSHD 1 TB, it will cost you 5 400 rubles, and SSHD 2 TB - 7 000 rubles. Of course to fly (as in the case of SSD) will not, but you can get such speeds are not needed. Goes hybrid drive SSHD is a happy medium - for little money you get good performance and a large amount of disk space.. My choice is SSHD, the download speed is higher, temperature is lower compared to high-speed HDD. Almost 4 years worth of PS4 1 TB SSHD. and still stand for the same and maybe longer.

V
Vovan Wolfovich 27.02.20

An__ei
Where it says about downloading games from the Internet? I can't see anything. But I see key words, what I said
It's everything you need to know:exploring working from the first second application installed on the disk operating system, most used programs and files are copied to the flash drive SSHD, these files include primarily the elements involved in the loading of the operating system, so Windows from the second and third times will load faster, because the download of Windows will happen from the flash memory.
To install games, this memory is NOT AFFECTED. Speed read / write HDD already exceeds the speed of the Internet.
There it all about the PC, and it is more difficult, not only gaming platform, but also working. I repeat - it is the HDD, no more, no less, cache, accessed by the program/game during work, i.e. the already installed game, referring to small files (well, you can throw in a cache capacity of 8 GB 1000 GB HDD).
I don't understand how You read this article. Yes, just do not understand, do not understand.
An__ei wrote:
with stopwatch tests download time on different drives).
Tested download wash games, locations, levels. It is clear now what was meant. No wonder, if speech about the PC, who should with a Curling iron to Tinker, trimmed around the PC, all the same, respectively ,as in download Windows work programs. It and I watched.

A
AnPei 27.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
I do not know, maybe so.
Spoilerage tests conducted by Digital Foundry, the increase in the rate of downloads appears, but to call it a truly impressive difficult. See for yourself:

What kind of performance gain gives Pro PS4 replacement HDD to SSD?. - Image 1
It is worth noting that among the tested games above any one else not received optimization patch for PS4 Pro, so in some cases the usual PS4 program locations even faster than its more powerful sister. And this despite the fact that the Pro version offers SATA 3 with increased data transfer speeds compared to SATA 2 in the base model.

Optimized games the situation is better, the Pro wins minor seconds compared to the original on the HDD, but when used with a SSD gives a significant acceleration of downloads. In some games they become faster more than twice.

What kind of performance gain gives Pro PS4 replacement HDD to SSD?. - Image 2
In the end we can conclude that spending the extra 5-10 thousand rubles for the "pumping" of the console solid state drive at 300-500 GB only makes sense if you have extra money and really want something "sacatomato" without the mess. The difference in speed after installing the SSD disk not visible in all games. Although for fans of online-shooters to save for half a minute on each spawn must be quite important.

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

An__ei
Games installed on the PS4 for 12-24 hours is very long
I might surprise you, but if you just put in console game disc which weigh about 40-60GB, the console will automatically copy the data on you HDD and it will take between 2-6 minutes, but not 12-24 hours...

V
Vovan Wolfovich 27.02.20

An__ei
Spoiler
An__ei wrote:
What kind of performance gain gives Pro PS4 replacement HDD to SSD?
An__ei wrote:
It is worth noting that among the tested games above any one else not received optimization patch for PS4 Pro, so in some cases the usual PS4 program locations even faster than its more powerful sister.
An__ei wrote:
Optimized games the situation is better, the Pro wins minor seconds compared to the original on the HDD, but when used with a SSD gives a significant acceleration of downloads.
An__ei wrote:
The difference in speed after installing the SSD disk not visible in all games.

I asked You a question: How all the above relates to loading the game from the Internet? Not a single word!
Then we are talking about the obvious speed tester locations game work, programs. All this is available on the PC, but priority is given 256 GB SSD under Windows. Games to put on such discs is wasteful, but who pocket Tayelet not prohibited.

You collect something. Again, for the last, understand in their knowledge. You are talking about the download speed of the Internet, and then talk about the work of the already installed software. Re-read carefully!
SSHD for PC I wouldn't even consider to buy, the winnings negligible, not worth it to tor, and select a cat laugh. The article wrote the same thing. For Windows is SSD. Curling to put a 500 GB or higher SSD you need to have heavy pocket, because they are expensive.
More I will not write. Sort it out.

A
AnPei 27.02.20

Rolemanser
Don't be surprised - I only have the disc of bf4 which I never removed, all other games electronic version . Note - when installing the game from disc you need to install the update and it takes a lot of time.

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

An__ei
When you install the update, does not affect the speed of your HDD and the speed of your Internet.

A
AnPei 27.02.20

Rolemanser
Spoilersi you played Fallout 4, Bloodborne, Just Cause 3, and especially in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you've probably noticed, there are some long downloads. In the presence of the open world, and not only, the game takes a huge amount of time to download locations, quick movement, the revival after death and so on, and this is one of the main problems of the current generation of consoles.

When the download takes a minute or even a half, during this time, you can Mosey into the kitchen and set a kettle, or catch a quick bite to eat. And to this desire have not emerged, it must be fought.

Fortunately, nowadays there is one very effective solution to this problem is the SSD. SSD. It should be a pleasure, of course, but the result justified all expectations. Today it is decided to prove the guys from Digital Foundry, who tested three hard drives under the same conditions.

Subjects hard drives is: standard PS4 HDD 500 GB, gibridnyi SSHD from Seagate ST1000LM014 1 TB (rotation speed – 5400 rpm-capacity flash memory – 8 GB buffer – 64 MB), and SSD OCZ Trion 100 to 480 GB.

All these stores of memory are in different price ranges, but the result is completely different. For example, where a standard train loads the centre of Novigrad in "the Witcher 3" for 92.5 seconds for 79,5 cope SSHD, and SSD was 69.2 seconds.

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

An__ei
You're right, I the native HDD in the PS4 which was almost immediately thrown out and put another one instead. The difference immediately saw the console got hot and jugate stopped and micrology immediately passed.

F
Filis 27.02.20

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
Hybrid HDD are not on the 7200?
Dude, the series Firecuda only 5400 about\min, as far as I know, if screen is not specified anywhere that the screw on 7200, it only says that it is up to five times faster than the average screw on 7200 about\min.
About the reliability of the SSHD is also a moot point, however, the warranty on them to 5 years, as if by classic screws often 2-3 years only give.

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
Where it says about downloading games from the Internet?
Yes, An _Ei something without thinking blurted out, a large cache buffer screw (in Firecuda it 128 MB) allows less contact the screw when downloading content as a result of the noise of a propeller produces less.
An__ei wrote:
My choice is SSHD, the download speed is higher, temperature is lower compared to high-speed HDD. Almost 4 years worth of PS4 1 TB SSHD
So true, but you're a little embellish opportunities SSHD-ROM drive. increase download speed greatly depends on the game. If GTA5 map is loaded on 50 seconds faster, the level Bloodborne only for 4-5 seconds. In other words. the longer the game loaded with the usual HDD the more noticeable the difference it boot with SSHD. And Vice versa.
In General, the speed of data exchange within the system is small, because even putting a SSD PS4 does not demonstrate the awesome speed of download, Yes it is much faster, but if you do the same operation on a PC, where the results will be much higher. Although PS Pro there is no sense to put SSD sata3 there is enough for a normal screw. Saved Sony on the interface decided it's better usvery wait a few extra seconds of loading, than to overpay for the cost of the console.
Summarizing it can be noted that at the moment to put SSHD in the PS4 makes sense if you have the screw on 500 GB and not enough space for games, can be expanded to a model of 1 TB or 2 TB, and the download speed will surprise, somewhere in the 5-7 h, and then 50 will save.And the prices are right now much more democratic, than 3 years ago(1 TB SSHD Seagate Firecuda is 4000-4500 rubles, a classic HDD of the same volume on average 3500 rubles, there is a difference, but not 2 times as before). Can and classics on 7200 about\min to deliver, but there is still more heat will go, though not critical, but the console is so hot and sickly, she don't need another degree to add.

Rolemanser wrote:
I'm a native HDD in the PS4 which was almost immediately thrown out and put another one instead. The difference immediately saw the console got hot and jugate stopped and micrology immediately passed.
Not sure what you have there for the drive was, but I always thought that the main heating is in the console comes from the CPU,and how it turns out sometimes ;). And where is micrology watched? Maybe just got a defective HDD?