3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Votsin 27.02.20 12:39 pm

The firmware socket 775 Xeon BIOS under

Good day!
A motherboard for 775 socket (GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L) and CPU is Core 2 Duo E7200.

Plan to change the processor to Xeon E5450, who works for the 771 socket. For his work on my motherboard you need to update the BIOS to the modified firmware (which is already found).

In this regard, all raised the question: can I use my old CPU (E7200) on a modified BIOS (until Xeon goes by mail), or the firmware of the motherboard should save directly to the point of replacing the processor?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
6 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirlusha 27.02.20

Stenly V8
Will. Perhaps a little incorrect, but I will.
I, for example, temperature was displayed incorrectly.
There may be another ambush.
During the holidays I came to the xeon x5470.
I'm so happy, ran home, stuck the percent in the mother (EP45 ds3), start-up and...
Khan power system...
Take another mother (EP35 ds3l), start-up and...
RUB the mother in the trash:(
It was zvizdets!
Usually, this shit happens on AMD, but on Intel... the first time!
So be careful!

V
Votsin 27.02.20

Kirlusha
Thank you!

P
Parowoz 27.02.20

Stenly V8 wrote:
Plan to change the processor to Xeon E5450
Tell me, why change the kseon, reflash, if you can on 775 socket to take Prots extreme or Quad with similar characteristics..here, check out the list:

http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-P35-DS3L-rev-10#support-cpu

V
Votsin 27.02.20

Parowoz
Everything is quite simple: E5450 in runoff is equal to the Q9650 (just 1 in 1), but two times cheaper and a little colder in terms of heat dissipation.

And for overclocking on the forums suggest it Xeon. The Bios I have to flash, 5 minutes, it only remains to wait for the CPU.

And judging by tests on YouTube - in games, this processor has proven itself great. If you already have the system on 775 socket, then it is the best option in terms of price/performance.

M
Megakill3dd 27.02.20

Votsin
Buddy, can you share a reference on the BIOS firmware? Himself thinking about moving in with an old xeon e7300.

A
AlexAvP 27.02.20

Megakill3dd
the website ideafix.com or Chinese genious.com