3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Grandshot 27.02.20 12:45 pm

Speed gradient on AH-IPS

Recently bought a monitor LG 24MP59HT-P with AH-IPS to replace an old Benq with a TN matrix. In movies and games the picture is very juicy, clearly felt the difference with the old monitor. But in everyday work greatly struck by the gradation gradient and the visibility of individual pixels especially on blue colors. Once it became harder to Photoshop'e to work.

I understand that this may be such a feature of ips matrixes on notebooks this is also evident but because of the small permission is not so much noticeable. And yet, is it possible to do something to reduce this undesirable effect?
6 Comments
Sort by:
B
BigInteger 27.02.20

Grandshot
The thing is that you have 6 bit color depth, not 8 bit. That's the whole problem.

G
Grandshot 27.02.20

BigInteger
In the Nvidia control panel, output color depth is 8 bpc. Set up the output format to RGB and full range (0-255), but it changes nothing. Have noticed that the bigger the monitor refresh rate, the more pronounced this effect. Pixel grid is very noticeable at 75 Hz, less noticeable at 60 Hz, and it is not visible at 48 Hz (the lowest supported frequency monitor).

B
BigInteger 27.02.20

Grandshot
You have a 6 bit + A-FRC. So the system thinks you have 8 bit.

G
Grandshot 27.02.20

BigInteger

The store says this model 24MP59HT-P. ARUZ - 8 bit (6 Bit + FRC).
But anyway, 6 bit still does not put. I would have checked.

B
BigInteger 27.02.20

Grandshot
Grandshot wrote:
The store says this model 24MP59HT-P. ARUZ - 8 bit (6 Bit + FRC).
But anyway, 6 bit still does not put. I would have checked.
You asked, I answered. I do not like ? Changing to a full 8 bit matrix.

G
Grandshot 27.02.20

BigInteger

Yes I would have changed. Only with a budget of 12 Tr will likely not be able to pick up anything with a full 8 bit matrix.