3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
flamingbit 27.02.20 08:14 pm

The crab mentality of the\\theory of the bucket of crabs

Crab mentality — a concept that refers to "short-sighted thinking," which determines human behavior on the basis of the principle: "Neither myself nor the people". This metaphor refers to a very real phenomenon that occurs with caught and put in a bucket of crabs. The essence of this phenomenon lies in the fact that the crab planted in a bucket, can easily get out of it, but if more than one, then none of them will "become free", as all collectively will cling to "the fugitive" and interfere with each other to realize their scenario release. This metaphor often is carried on the human society, the competition in various social hierarchies. The analogy in human behavior is that members of society often try to minimize the accomplishments of any other member, if he manages to do better than others. Crab mentality is seen sometimes as a kind of pseudo thinking. The classic manifestation of crab mentality is to boycott and rejection of the successful members of society.
Think for yourself - is it worth it to do???
16 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gauguin 27.02.20

I'm afraid that this theory is inapplicable to human society, even a good metaphor. Plus, it is high time to get rid of the false dichotomy of the individual and society.

f
flamingbit 27.02.20

Gauguin
just did this expression and the basis of human relationships, did you never notice this???

W
Wing42 27.02.20

flamingbit
Unless the crab is aware of what he's doing?
Solerno and plump king crab you myself in a bucket of pens.

f
flamingbit 27.02.20

Wing42
in fact people too, their fate does not choose, as well as crab are driving not according to his will. By the way the majority of people who tell a person something like: you can't!!!, who??? you??? Yes, you have nothing will not work!!! unconsciously do it, because they act almost instinctively.

V
Vanya Rygalov 27.02.20

Gauguin wrote:
...it is high time to get rid of the false dichotomy of the individual and society.

k
kan kanich 27.02.20

What to do with the phrase, you're the smart one ?

D
DolmakimiOglan 27.02.20

People can be a lot of metaphors to transfer. I think this is nonsense.

W
Wing42 27.02.20

flamingbit wrote:
...most people who tell a person something like: you can't!!!, who??? you??? Yes, you have nothing will not work!!! unconsciously do it, because they act almost instinctively.
If the people of*but the crabs this is not exactly to blame.

A
A.Soldier of Light 27.02.20

flamingbit wrote:
The classic manifestation of crab mentality is to boycott and rejection of the successful members of society.
It is important to clarify what"successful member of society (UCO). Because there is such a thing as justice. For if UCO gets 500 000 rubles per month, its love, most likely, will not. And this is justified if everyone else is working properly and full time, receive 10 to 20 thousand a month (it's not about the capital, of course, there is not the salary). So the question is not simple )

P
Pelmen dobra 27.02.20

Yes, envy is, motherfucker. Because of the jealousy of terrible crap happens. So better keep mum about their successes and not much zvizdet. Easier to live then.
A. Soldier of Light correctly written.

P
Pet Sematary 27.02.20

Now, a current dog in the manger.

M
MunchkiN 616 27.02.20

you can come up with another theory about the pitcher of the monkey and the banana peck-peck. there are stories that the monkey will not release Pitch fist of greed with juicy free bananaman and so will sit there until the hunters arrive.

as to the bucket of crabs the projection of this phenomenon on human society
mathematically satisfies logical models
one of the most important tasks of every mortal transfer and the development of his genetic line. if you imagine the abstract situation on the island has bred a strong and handsome man he will impregnate more women and will be able for life to be great resources and benefits, and therefore, his genetic line will gradually cover the whole island. stinks-the islanders don't like it but each of them individually can not beat strong and sure in yourself man then they are combined in order to bury his chums to do statically the future of their children and their life-being more profitable. but mathematically still in the end there can be only one.
however, from the point of view of civilization, this approach contradicts the principles of civilization as we know it. therefore, humanity as a civilization should samochustvie and this product is very intellectual and is a consequence of the activities of one or more people and more of them as resource capabilities so it is more stable and more successful. naturally if the first logical mechanism of civilization rejects - it will accumulate inequalities in the ability to use various resources. so in human relations on a different principle than the crabs in the bucket.

S
Samyy krutanskiy krutan 27.02.20

A. Soldier of Light wrote:
For if UCO gets 500 000 rubles per month, its love, most likely, will not.
Even Supreme commander? There are either one or you're lying or lies TV.

A

Krucinski the quiet badass
There is no way to say for sure, because I pointed out that - quote: to love him, most likely, will not.
If you missed an important point in the post - your problem ))
You're a funny person, clinging to everything so severely, although he is far from ideal, to put it mildly. Troll )

edited.
So, so, so ) Okay, will do. From now on I will cling to your words, when you see fit. Let's see how you can defend your position with logic and common sense, which is what I use.

S
Samyy krutanskiy krutan 27.02.20

A. Soldier of Light
Honey, you have issues. Memory problems - namely, you always forget about the cow. Troll (

A

Krucinski the quiet badass wrote:
you always forget about the cow. Troll (
Said the Troll ^_^
Nothing to say basically no previous post, right?