3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
H-Zibit 01.03.20 01:08 am

How to change the power of the machine, the amount of experience for Parking, etc.... (American Truck Simulator)

I will try here to explain the most simple modification. For most things at the level of to change the numbers you need only one program - scs extractor. Find help Google, weighs only 230 KB. The bars next to the root folder of the game and to change some things in the trucks, it is necessary to unpack such a file dlc_peterbilt_579.scs. For this we need to drag it on the file extractor.

Tip - it is best to do the unpacking in a separate folder so as not to litter the game directory, after unpacking, which directly depends on the weight of the source file that will receive 5 folders, but to change the characteristics, it is necessary to go on this path:
def\vehicle\truck\peterbilt.579
And choose between engine and transmission, respectively. The files have the extension .sii, you can open with Notepad. In the file of drygatel only 4-5 of important values:
Spoilerage: Paccar MX-13 //name
price: 48870 //price
unlock: 12 //level unlock, and then there is the output of info, it can not be changed
info[]: 500 @@hp@@ (373@@kw@@)
info[]: 1@@dg@@850 @@lb_ft@@ (2@@dg@@508 @@nm@@)
info[]: 1@@dg@@100 @@rpm@@
icon: engine_01
torque: 2508 //the engine torque, that is itself a cherished value
rpm_limit: 2200 //maximum speed
volume: 12.9 //volume of the engine, thanks for the correction SlavikSD

engine_brake: 2.0 //seems like the power of engine braking
engine_brake_downshift: 0 //and the braking force when downshifting
15 Comments
Sort by:
H
H-Zibit 01.03.20

In the files of the powertrain, everything is easier: the ratio of the main transmission gear reverse main gear, and again price and availability.
And it worked in the game, do the following: select all the created files to back up (preferably without compression) and change the archive extension to scs, and then throw everything in documents/American Truck Simulator/mod.
I recommend to not back up all files, but only changed, that is changed the engine, leaving only the sequence of folders
def\vehicle\truck\peterbilt.579\engine and file engine, the rest is erased. Simply not to litter, and maybe make the game a little easier.

To get into the economic parameters and other settings of the game, you have to unpack def.scs and directly under the root of the folder to find economy_data.scs
There are too many parameters to lead here to explain, many of them attributed comments directly in the file, and the basic English is quite understandable.
Result brief the fact that the changes in this file:

Solarplate for the damage
Discount on fuel at the garage
While driving to the onset of drowsiness
Sleep time
The values of charges for urgency
Wages for drivers
Number of mileage to increase their abilities (you can make it so that a couple of flights of the carrier will be from 0 to 10.0 level)
Number of XP for all actions
The amount of experience to level
And more

Some other modifications:
Setup banking (time, size and interest of the loan, plus insurance) - bank_data.sii
Police business - police_data.sii
Trailers - def\cargo\

R
Roman RR 01.03.20

X-Zibit
And you know how to add engines to the tractor for example to get together with the sound and add another truck one fashion different in the old there is a sound that is like a new they are but sound different

H
H-Zibit 01.03.20

nabatovre
Honestly have not tried it, but the idea is to return the sound, if you get into the mod and slip or delete the file responsible for it, and they lie in
def\vehicle\truck\peterbilt.579\sound\
Files the exterior.sii and interior.sii and modified truck the same way. Try to take the file from the original truck or other desired and replace the one that don't like it.

Well, the parameters of the engine to throw even easier - you just file the engine to slip.

R
Roman RR 01.03.20

X-Zibit
Yeah tried it still climbs the same and added and replaced anything

R
Roman RR 01.03.20

X-Zibit
And tell me if I add a folder with the sounds in the mod using the archiver to archive without gate or you can't do that and therefore I did not get

H
H-Zibit 01.03.20

nabatovre
I squeeze, but I fashion just level the numbers change, everything works fine. If not, then maybe the sounds cannot be compressed, try uncompressed, so basically recommend.

S
SlavikSD 01.03.20

X-Zibit
Few will correct You. The script engine parameter volume specifies the volume of the engine.

H
H-Zibit 01.03.20

SlavikSD
And the truth, and I'm used to American Displacement, and Volume as the volume didn't think. Thank you

R
Roman RR 01.03.20

X-Zibit
all figured out thanks to this I goof not immediately understand, and which is responsible for the volume of idling when the truck is in place if there is?

H
H-Zibit 01.03.20

nabatovre
Can. It is necessary to open interior.sii (sound in the cabin) and there will be unloaded sounds, this is the engine with no load, apparently idle, will continue the volume in each speed range, here it is anyway. Still have loaded sounds, this is under load.

R
Roman RR 01.03.20

X-Zibit
not only need when the rest of the rules on volume

H
H-Zibit 01.03.20

nabatovre
Then unloaded cool sounds in the range
min_rpm: 200.0
max_rpm: 750.0
On idea should work.

R