3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vel800 24.09.19 01:08 pm

Impressions of the game (Rebel Galaxy Outlaw)

In this thread discussing the game (advantages and disadvantages), and compare with other games of the same theme, talk about their experiences.
My impressions.
Plot.
Spoilering years are a fan of komosomolets. Started with the Elite. In my opinion, you cannot compare this game with games, for example, a series of X universe. Rather, it is possible to compare with Starpoint Jemini 2. I must say that the first part Rebel Galaxy did not play (space SIM with a two-dimensional space is nonsense). The description says that this game is a prequel to the first part, but in the process we learn that he was a member of the gang, was married, was serving a prison sentence for robbery, planned by her mother and so much more. It is not clear what this is a prequel? The story is very short. Both endings end in nothing. An ending - Jung delivers a mother that wants to bring my daughter to a life of crime, cops and refuses the inheritance in the future, its criminal Empire. Second - Joon helps her mother to fend off the cops and agrees to consider the offer of the mother. By the way, the second option I passed with great difficulty. Police ambush there powerful several cruisers and darkness fighters. Mama's mercenaries feeble kicking, and she happily knocks on your dreadnought with a miracle - hopping engine. In the mash to survive is not easy. But after that nothing happens. There are two options for future relations with the risen husband, but after, nothing. The plot station Paradise beach, which can be obtained from the property should eventually get the opportunity to trade (the market), but nothing like this.The impression is that the story just forgot to finish it.
Gameplay.
Spoilers General, in my opinion, reasonable control. I liked that provided a view from the cockpit, the ability to switch to different types of weapons. In patch 1.14 have expanded the settings menu that pleases, but some of the buttons, for example, the map system is not working. Autumn map scales correctly when using scan from the main menu. Maybe just me, but it is either very small or very large. To target a turret on the cruiser or frigate very hard, but even selecting a target turret, auto-guided beating through the armor in the direction of the turret. Big problem is when you choose on a big boat with a PCM, I somehow bears with great force on the ship until you stick their nose shields and will not kill. Have to slam on the brakes, if you have time. Although, in theory, speed should be equalized, as in other games. The Q button does not help.

Weapons.
Spoilers General, normally, although, for some reason, the more expensive and more powerful, the smaller the range. Very useful photon cannon. Energy not eating very much, but even one takes down shields very effectively. A good option to use a combination of autocannons and energy consuming types. Missiles use only tracking purpose. Here only it is not clear how many of these missiles?
Ships.
Spoilerage is a separate issue, but I will add that I flew on all available in-game ships and came to the conclusion that the best option - Dingo. Has the speed and handling, almost as the Coyote, quite a powerful armament and is expandable cargo compartment of up to 18 units Per mission bring cargo for 10 - 30 thousand cu. More often than not for the mission itself. But, the types of ships in the game, actually, more. Cops, pirates, Red Devils, religious fanatics and mercenaries to fly their ships. Where do they get them is unknown. Here, Marla, she flies in a heavy fighter. And get it impossible. She, somehow, during the passage of the story steals a police fighter, which penetrates into prison, and then it dumps back to his lair. But to sit in it, alas, will not succeed.
Separately, we must mention a remarkable feature of this game - the possibility of listening to several radio stations with very good music. The graphics are also good and, more importantly, the game is quite optimized, which gives the opportunity to play on a mediocre PC.
Finally I will say that my statistics are as follows:
Spoiler - Fighters destroyed - 3175
- Ships - bases destroyed 176
- Torpedoes shot down 178
- Captured objects - 3369
- Get trophies - 228
- Credits - 5 282 440
- The value of assets - 6 988 190
2 Comments
Sort by:
v
vel800 17.07.20

Released patch 1.16. Fixed map zooming when scanning from the main menu and guidance when choosing targets, like turrets on a big ship, was normal (autopilot does not impose on the selected turret, through the armor, forcing her to thrash in not in the turret, and the side). Now he displays her correctly and not pulling you with great force on an enemy ship, while the nose it does not poke. Only that capitalized the pirate cargo ship, beautiful! Was the hope that they will add ships, but no. I am glad that the authors continue their work!

H
Hydrolisk 17.07.20

v1.18 don't know what it fixed, but if God forbid some asteroid on the way, the autopilot will get you on the rock.
Gameplay. Wonder they took the fighters. On bigship was somewhat interesting. Any batch - instantly lose the top/bottom, where their where strangers, missiles flying stupidly around continuously. And mouse control is crap. The ship shot ahead, and not on the cursor, this aim is extremely difficult. Otherwise plus/minus the same as in the first part.
Weapons. One gets the impression that the main setting is speed (referring to the speed of the charge) the higher the better, otherwise to get at the enemy becomes impossible.
Money. In the beginning you can make money on any kit. Do green jobs for transportation not yet accumulated on the scanner of minerals, a tractor beam and the drilling laser. All. Any gathering of asteroids, to scan, to get within 2km, shoot at the yellow spot. The fastest and most secure income.