3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AdroV 13.03.20 11:35 pm

S. T. A. L. K. E. R. Lost Alpha(Impressions) (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl)

Write your impressions in this thread.
38 Comments
Sort by:
T
T.T.G 13.03.20

More nuanced fashion than this, which returns to the atmosphere and the who-ti same we will not see. The only thing that spoils the impression it's wet LA. When passing the cordon took 8 flights and broken saves.English voice nedorazumeniyasurprise.Tomorrow I'm going to replay.First patch is scheduled for may 1. Unofficial fixes have already sawing. One or two months to catch bugs and treatment of departures and will wines. With the release finally
Spoiler

V
Vitamin 13.03.20

Played a bit... the Atmosphere is different a little bit, the Border does not know, overgrown, but helicopters are easy to hide. Particularly pleased with the graphics, it looks good. Brought the flash drive to Sidorovich, and there wasn't a departure. Spoils the impression of the English and voice, and incomplete Russification. If you do a Russian voice acting, LA will be on the top ten, but the English voice spoils the atmosphere.
With the release, posony! I wish the patch, and the full Russification.

UPD Began, it became bruised.

K
Kapitan Kote 13.03.20

Voice and time of year - really spoils the atmosphere. And so, like all cool.

A
Amiminoru 13.03.20

XS well to be honest, the first feeling is still original as for me the atmospheric. Overcomplicated odd guys. First dungeon so all trash. Inspector knowingly removed. Came to the bar, not even one night as it passes(and we all remember how much atmosphere added to the storm, with fierce lightning), everything is bright, cheerful, even had the brightness in the settings a bit to kill. Who knows, maybe more would be better.
One of the advantages yet, the stability of fashion, there was not a single departure(flights can be DH10). And quick download locations.
Who wants a stable game, then play better on a dh9 with full dynamic lighting.
Well, this is still pleased that I can play the computer, you can dig into the documents, see videos/pictures, throw the old PDA, play a few games. While saw 3 games - solitaire, puzzle, Tetris :

Y
YAD 13.03.20

Played this mod, I must say my impressions are good, the Hardcore and casual mixed in the correct proportions, locations of delight, became so much more. Fauna, now not rushing from behind every Bush, comes of course, but rarely. While playing on only on the cordon, hauling captured guns to Sidor and make first capital. Sorry not working repair and upgrade weapons. So would prenatal your captured AK-74с in uberlife at least. Weather and the atmosphere is great on the tenth direct everything goes smoothly, without subsidence, the scenery and atmosphere look for 10.

Waiting for patches and fixes.

T
T.T.G 13.03.20

Run the dump.As cordon location perfectly fits the early images.Some of the cut jobs are also returned.The cordon was surprised by the presence of a bloodsucker right near the village newcomers on the moor.Saw the green dwarf (aggressive) and a fiery poltergeist.Transport has become popular because of the larger size of the cards.Someone has already traveled in the field?
Sometimes the AI sucks hard.At the exit of the cordon went to sleep (for the night of impenetrable darkness),up and around the warriors already have been spawned.Shot six goals-no one in my party looked.
PS after a bottle of gg so wobbly,poor thing barely goes.After just three oops.=)

T
T.T.G 13.03.20

A good devil.Again...
Sergey Ivantsov, as it tells us
Spoiler

s
saa0891 13.03.20

I have this addon very happy,although to play I only managed five hours the experience very much.
To run I only managed to cordon,and many places didn't know,is a completely new game,almost all recycled,I was really surprised,I think I ahead a lot of positive emotions,even underground crossings made where the checkpoint at the W\D bridge military.
Very nicely done vegetation,even trees now are loose,there are even streams,all the graphic part is well done,the sounds are also very cool.
New hood I didn't really like,and hood from the old build is very cool.
Knife now you can normally use dokrutili stealth,bandits on the quest cut without problems.
The only thing that started to irritate me it is a helicopter that flies constantly.
I am glad that now need batteries for the flashlight (though the flashlight a strange halo around the light like a grid,I suspect that it is possible as that to adjust in the graphics settings),you need to drink water,eat, etc. but of course all this had happened in any other mod.

Even for me (so I'd have to delete your mods with PM) and probably for many a very positive thing that the game does not require PM.

The only thing that overshadows the game so it crashes,I have over five hours there were three,what I realized is because of the script when it should turn on some sort of dialogue,Triger and once when I tried to open the log,I thought it had been fixed (last time I passed S. T. A. L. K. E. R. Complete is certainly not a global mod,but rather the graphical (teksturki weapons are of course better),but I have all the time there was not a single departure and in the original games when I last played times of departures was not there) what upset not so much the departures,and the fact that reset some of the settings of the game and control,HUD,for example, I always turn off the sight,and the use of bandages and first aid kits are put on the side buttons of the mouse,it is very convenient,it all falls again on the new assign.

But overall I am very happy for this game and do not mind to give money,bad that it leaked ahead of time.

Dump all smartly done only NPCs like that are few and the crooks without me all depot put,only managed one clean.

Blog already wrote but here it is dubbed,by the way I thought that the installation hung,well one person wrote on this topic.

At the END of INSTALLATION " TO " installing main game files>> it MAY SEEM THAT the INSTALLATION has HUNG, do NOT FEAR! CONTINUE TO WAIT!

I waited a pretty long time.

s
saa0891 13.03.20

Some screenshots.

pix.PlayGround.ru

WELL, PERHAPS NOT BEAUTY,WHERE ELSE CAN YOU SEE SUCH AN ATMOSPHEREpix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru

T
T.T.G 13.03.20

Continuing the theme screenshots.
Fleetingly took some shots
Spoiler

P
PaulTheApostle 13.03.20

Better than the original Stalker that's just the AI is stupid

M
Megapikal 13.03.20

The atmosphere is good LA. Everything here is overgrown, wild, as it should be in an abandoned place. There are new locations. They are very interesting to explore. It is sad that the original PM was not included. Of the minuses should be noted that sometimes crashes. There are baganaly place. Sometimes the AI sucks hard. (You can stand in front of the enemy, it is only after 20 seconds will pop a cap in you.) But in General, no matter what. It's a masterpiece!)

K
Kuthrapalli 13.03.20

Very freakin ' awesome revival of a Stalker, in the first few minutes just doing that scrinis landscapes fashion, the location is very good and zaselenie (his mother a huge plus) there is something to look for immediately clear, thorough approach, not a hack like most mods where the all-new Loki empty. Small minus, I note that it's better to replace teksturki weapons (and the beautiful world of LA and the soap these old guns just do not fit together) Pleased with the upgrade and the gun :3 Out of bugs, not working contacts - departure. Does not plow the arena, the beast just does not appear. Well, personally, I have (people I see plowing) games in the PC not working, also fly, the overall impression is just great, much atmospheric as the original.

A
Amiminoru 13.03.20

GRAFON!

-
-zotik- 13.03.20

crashes constantly, does not load some dialogs not translated. horror 3 out of 10
So I waited and this scribe put-luchsheb and did

R
Ripper Man 13.03.20

Wonderful mod. Especially pleasing detailed locations, exactly as I always wanted to see. The balance of the normal. The graphics are good. There are bugs, there is no escape from them is a Stalker.

T
THE FATE OF ALL FOOLS 13.03.20

Today finally got this masterpiece. No words, just gorgeous.
Spoiler

T
T.T.G 13.03.20

The impression of visual performance:
Grafon:
-you know that right now 2014-cool shaders,tessellation and abundant post-processing?
X-Ray:
Yes.
Grafon:are you aware that in the world of FPS now ruled by a soulless YOBA,and you look worse fossil of a dinosaur?
X-Ray:
Spoilerpix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru

B
BatouSUN 13.03.20

Ladies and Gentlemen,Hello! Finally completed this game and I got the definite impression. I'll try to describe to share their thoughts, like the review unlikely. So, let's proceed.

Let's start with the banal graphics. The team tried their best on the court in 2014, and of the old man's x-ray, squeezed all the juice and it showed a good picture (screenshots will not spread, and so in a large number of lecturing). Although some shortcomings are, quite often naughty render and at the wrong time thrown to the desktop with an error. The benefit was treated is changing the settings of dynamic and static lighting, but not always! There are already skilled people, different ways were proposed.
Next, let's talk about the plot. The plot of this add-on or a separate game (every man for himself defines and interprets) turned out well. Really it was more interesting, long, and as it passes disclose certain aspects of the universe Stalker. In the original, the details of the universe was smaller. Regarding consistency and thoughtfulness of the story, too, everything is fine. To take a trivial and most common task, will go to the lab, turn off the installation and to bring those documents is explained quite well. Again, this is compared to the original, and in my purely subjective opinion. Unfortunately there are disadvantages, such as language translation. Initially, when the game has just appeared online, it was for pure English language, including dialogues, quests and NPCs, but unfortunately not all speak a foreign language. Fortunately, after a week (even less) we already have the first localization. That incredibly easier for some passage.
But it wasn't, to recreate the atmosphere that the developers managed 10 points out of 10. There can be very long to describe why I think so, but each for himself determines it is imbued with atmosphere or not. To me Lost Alpha showed the universe Stalker, than a large number of mods and the original game. Particularly impressed with the dungeon when we were looking for the way to Pripyat ( don't know why, but most of all impressed. PS. There we find the kit).
Revealing the topic of weapons, then everything remains the same as in the original Stalker. Except, the moment that the weapon can be modified. Modification of weapons - the double-edged sword. On the one hand, the players received a really useful feature that allows you to make a weapon somewhat unique to the game do not have the desire to throw it away. On the other hand, modification of weapons led to the deterioration of the characteristics of weapons and it became even worse. Simply put, a little zabagovannaya function. A little variety can make a pack of weapons.
Pleasantly surprised by the ability to create unique artifacts.
The ending very much, it is really amazing.
Now about the most unpleasant things:
1) we should also talk about the kit, even with the patches, the players still can not use it (if you are using is a collapse game and in addition in the repair using the kit, the player does not see damaged weapons).
2) the Most unpleasant was, when thrown at transitions between locations, especially between the landfill and bar (the bug is already fixed).
3) Often the game is broke in the cutscenes, when I was scripted dialogues. It's either crumble the client, either on GG could not move. Helps repeated restart saves.
4) as there is sleep issues of the GG. Instead of 8 hours, sleeps for about 40 minutes.
5) most Often thrown at the level of Chernobyl and generators. On each of the levels I've loaded at least 15 times. Was about to stop playing.

That's all I have time for a short time to remember, as the paint can be long. To summarize, I will say that the game was a success. Is to release a couple of patches to fix bugs and the game will be very decent.

f
frostvay 13.03.20

After a dozen hours wandering around the Area Lost Alpha came to the conclusion that it is the controversial mod, or if you want an addon for Shadow of Chernobyl. Perhaps I'll start with what immediately catches the eye, grafinchik looks good even for 2014 don't know which torture was subjected to X-ray but the picture he paints is much better than the original. The miracle itself is not to be expected, the engine uses only one core of CPU and eats at medium settings almost 1Gb of video memory, but the operative more lenient than other mods (MISERY, Sigerous Mod...) content with an average of 1.5 GB. Although not without jambs DX10 flickering naughty pictures, (maybe the guilty driver Catalyst 14.4) lighting floats it dramatically darkens the contrary it. DX9 works much more stable and the difference is not visible to the eye between 9 and 10. Well, a few words about the performance on older computers 5летней ago will odumade the lack of power.Subjectively desired Core E8500 CPU and better video card and level GTX9800/GTS 250 1Gb. Well, okay, not one but gamers like the old S. T. A. L. K. E. R. Gameplay will allow you to Shadow of Chernobyl almost completely and it was good. You need to give credit to the developers that they have not tried hardcoret a game or Vice versa to turn the passage into a butcher's slaughter all life that gets in the way. speaking of animals, NPC acting mildly strange, the first military checkpoint on the way to the Dump, you can clean literally from one edge, and if you care to blame bots on the bodies of their companions, they do not react. The mutants hang out in the same areas regularly spawns after Stripping, stalkers day and night sitting in huts and sheds, of course, of no A-Life and speech can not be. Don't know or is this too clever by half with the AI or a bug slipped into a release build, but the NPC fool is simply obscene.
It is difficult to dispute that the point of Shadows is the ATMOSPHERE, and everything is designed at a high level, understand that the game modes can only be changed surroundings. The cards are all plowed along and across and leave a good impression , all objects are correctly located, nothing hurts the eyes and not distracting from the overall picture. Now I understand where did so many years to develop Lost Alpha. But if the reverse uvelichena and rozsireni locations peremeschatsya on them became much more difficult we mean expensive at the time. It is clear that this is partly kompensiruet added transport, but its implementation in the game is just terrible and to travel just anywhere. In my opinion modders in vain abandoned rapid movements with transition the Plot to comment fully until the end of the game is not over yet, but you can see what started in fashion of the original Shadow of Chernobyl. Of course there are nuances in the flow of the missions. Even take a cache pointer in the dungeons of Agroprom think not one I googled where zanykal fucking stick. In particular, the game abuses a fairly hackneyed scheme, go fetch that, go kill that. So running tires at first, then becoming annoying. In General, all fans of the universe of S. T. A. L. K. E. R. I recommend to familiarize it is unlikely that someone will threaten to beat Lost Alpha and to