3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aleksds1 16.03.20 08:10 pm

Diplomacy for the beginner (Rome: Total War)

I read threads in the forum, and amazed: how do you all of these political operations need?! Could you tell me?
14 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dairoku_Temma_o 16.03.20

there's nothing to tell! Diplomacy - the essence, pumping dough from a nearby factions! There are a few rules!
1. Always, no, never, do not accept the terms of a foreign diplomat (there are exceptions below)! You don't bleed, but the trail.speed can your diplomat to negotiate!
2. As soon as you capture a new city, sell cards, 1000-2000 coins.
3. Do not refuse to accept the protectorate, but on condition of payment of indemnity! No monthly premiums, since on the trail.during the enemy will break the protectorate! The sum from 10 thousand to 15! If the enemy offers peace, then also need to claim! Usually 5 to 10 pieces will spread!

Pokamis all!

a
aleksds1 16.03.20

Wow...

a
aleksds1 16.03.20

But that's not enough to bleed... Like for example the faction

T
Tekos 16.03.20

But that's not enough to bleed... Like for example the faction
Forget it, I've tried, never happened!! The AI only attacks when it wants.

G
Gold_mask 16.03.20

Of course the AI is stupid, but his actions have logic. Bleed fraction is in principle possible, but I managed to do only occasionally.

s
stalker7162534 16.03.20

Diplomacy in Rome generally sucks. The enemy left one city and he offers peace in exchange for the fact that he has returned several cities and paid more money than they know. And he will offer the world, so they show off and refuse.

S
Smoki_mo 16.03.20

Only my opinion based only on personal experience.

With each faction there is a hidden parameter relationships, and my IMHO, it changes when you commit certain actions.

To keep friendship with its neighbors to follow a simple strategy.

1) Not to go to the territory of the friends anyone except diplomats.
2) Your naked rears tempt friends to conduct a small war. It is not necessary to show off in border towns a garrison of 1 unit. Only if this city is far from city area.
3) it is Desirable to keep spies to controversy
4) Not to make deals with the enemies of friends.
5) If your enemy is allied with your friend, is to strengthen the flanks. If the enemy manage to persuade your friend to betrayal, then you'll have prepared.

Well and accordingly there is an innate parameters of diplomacy. If you are destined to wage war, you'll fight. The chance that Rome will be friends with Carthage negligible.

M
Mister Prof 16.03.20

In finally created a suitable topic. And no matter how I tried, all attempts to dust was((( And thanks for the tips!!! And by the way - good helpful tips!!!

a
asd1977 16.03.20

Smoki_mo
With each faction there is a hidden parameter relationships, and my IMHO, it changes when you commit certain actions.
I agree

To keep friendship with its neighbors to follow a simple strategy.

1) Not to go to the territory of the friends anyone except diplomats.
Exactly, and even resentment.Although once I become 15 provinces it does not matter, I can fight even with the whole world.
2) Your naked rears tempt friends to conduct a small war. It is not necessary to show off in border towns a garrison of 1 unit. Only if this city is far from city area.
Also true. Even where you are bordering on friends and allies have in the border regions to keep the army. This factor is multiplied by X and BX levels of difficulty. I also add in RTV the basis of the principle of a Declaration of war based on the principle of envy. Ie the more you have territories, money etc. the worse you are treated by neighbors. fear of the powerful neighbor have no computer. Therefore, the case when the computer 2 cities declares war on the mighty Empire - not uncommon
3) it is Desirable to keep spies to controversy
Spies are good for early detection of the enemy's intentions. Review spy 2 times more than a General or diplomat. Always keep a spy ahead of the advancing armies
But defensively effective network of observation towers along the border and mobile army capable of 2-3 moves to block his path to the enemy.
4) Not to make deals with the enemies of friends.
Maybe this affects you, but I always communicate with everyone. Happened managed to even sell the information about the map to their enemies.
5) If your enemy is allied with your friend, is to strengthen the flanks. If the enemy manage to persuade your friend to betrayal, then you'll have prepared.
There is even nothing to comment. Your Union will automatically be canceled if an ally entered into an Alliance with your enemy. But still, prepare for war.

Well and accordingly there is an innate parameters of diplomacy. If you are destined to wage war, you'll fight. The chance that Rome will be friends with Carthage negligible.

In General, the diplomacy makes sense only in the initial stage of the war.
Then traded a map, start a Union
And when I had developed - fuck the allies

B
Batya28 16.03.20

Imagine Rome total war - man. And every whistle-perdelka to put it on. So diplomacy - not even a body, and a piece of feces. Well, buying you the card will adjust with all of the trade relationship (which is doubtful). What to do next?

I remember one dude told me to buy the settlement. For example. You bought, for example, for big money, Carthage. Why? You have the money to hire the best legions to bulldoze this city, setting a new your order. Come and more interesting, and less expensive some sort of time 10. And to buy some Muhoroni why? No profit, no benefit, and will be, again, more expensive than Carthage. The benefit of the diplomat in the case of bribery settlement, again, questionable.

Bribing the rebels. Even better. Right now I would be a strong civilized Roman state-Woo to pay some bunch of disgruntled beggars money, so they went to work in the fields. Under the knife all, not a negotiation. My style of play is going to lower taxes and to hold in any city of the Empire, the loyalty level of happiness, and I still have to pay someone, so he stopped vozbuhat. Bribe some left-wing rebel generals, when its good fruit - also from the category of insanity. Diplomacy again, for the record.

To make alliances. Cases when the Union of the AI started to bark and attack without a Declaration of war my settlement is not uncommon. Why do we need the Union if the Federal government have twisted, for example, attack someone? Right-of-way of the army? And why do in Rome to play? Constantly asking someone about something? It's, like, talking about expansion and conquest game where the ultimate goal is domination in Europe, yeah.

The incitement. What I was trying, and to pit two factions in the game is almost impossible, even for good money. Not in our interests, they say, and that's it. And again, to pay a fortune for the two countries to wrestle with each other at the border and then made up is bullshit. Tried even give the losing factions in the Balkans the money to stay afloat and not allow Irene Brutus. Seleucids helped, they've got Egypt, Pontus, and Parthia, and they sit all stacks in cities and spend money on what is not clear.

Relations with the enemies. It's a different story. Defeated a full stack of Gauls, headed Batey. Took Narboni. Looking at the chart, the military power of the Gauls in the tie with Britain in the North fell by half. After a couple of moves I get them the diplomat and offer peace in return of Northern Italy with the threat of attack. About the protectorate generally keep quiet. Humbled and broken and from the enemy with a single village as the capital city requires enormous money. He suddenly jumps CDA, and he begins to swing right, even if not far from the gate your leader drags 15 squads of infantry with silver stripes.

In short, just left to roam and trade card to at least something to occupy agent, because you can't fire him or remove his own killer. All lazy - to the front of the Pax Romana to build.

e
e13geni4 16.03.20

Always trudge with such peaceful suggestions

Clearly losing the war party asks of the world , but I have to return all the conquered cities, and even to pay extra 150 000 ...
People, if you want peace, I must pay extra plus to pay off a city or two !!!
( I wonder what the developers were Smoking when you wrote such nonsense ??? )
Needs to be a complete idiot to agree to this !!
Or hope that someone accidentally ( or automatically ) press the Make offer ?!

M
MarauderTerran 16.03.20

Diplomacy in Rome is reduced to a few simple rules
1. As soon as the boundaries of touch with what a state to be war.
2. Your diplomat works out any benefits until the boundaries of your and hostile state in contact by land (example: Playing for Iberia, you capture cartgena the Korduba and New Carthage. While there was the siege of these cities, Carthage NT would not agree to a truce and payment of indemnity. Seized the city, sent the Ambassador to Africa, signed peace on sleduya conditions - 12222 denarii indemnity, trade rights, map and Union. The Union lasted until the end of the game).
3. Playing as Pontus (mod HGM: the Diadochi total war), I first move objavil war the Crimean Greek cities (Chersonesos and Pantikapaion). The war was to blockade the Crimean port 1 bireme. The next course offered is not peace, demanded 100 denarii - they suggested a counter-offer: 3750 denarii each turn for 3 turns. I changed it to 13000 denarii lump-sum payment, they agreed. Peace concluded, again beramai blocked the port. And next turn it all repeats. Sometimes the amount of payments decreases: at the company a little money in the budget, wait two turns until they offer more, and so on.
The essence of these simple diplomatic moves in that state which do not come into contact with the player by land, willing to make peace, plus pay you tribute. So playing as Pontus, I was able in Asia Minor to recruit expensive mercenary troops Galatian heavy infantry, Eastern archers, and mercenary goption Greeks, to conduct heavy battles with the Seleucids, and to expand the borders of the Kingdom of Pergamum, to take possession of the Ptolemies in the South of Asia Minor and to grab Cyprus.
4. To pit the tribes against each other extremely hard, and if possible. the next move they make peace again, if only they have not held the land border. Although I was able to attack one bireme in the Navy of the Seleucids, and Epirus was next to the trireme of the Union to me. Summary: the war of Epirus invaded Asia Minor and took Seleucus, three cities, got in touch with my limits and treacherously attacked me.

t
tohich asasin 19.01.22

I wonder if this forum is still alive?

T
Tribune 05.05.22

tohich asasin
alas