3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Neveroyatnyy Kleynman 17.03.20 01:37 pm

How to remove compatibility mode? (Company of Heroes 2)

When you start the game there is a window that says We found that the game КоХ2 running in compatibility mode. This mode is not supported and may cause problems and lockups. Do not run
КоХ2 (or steam) in compatibility mode. The game consistently crashes every 10-15 minutes, and often crashes. Game steam-litsuha. Tried to remove as many advised steam.exe in the registry, it did not solve the problem. Tell me how to solve the problem
10 Comments
Sort by:
J
JohnGotti73 17.03.20

answer how to remove compatibility mode plz!

I
IamUgly 17.03.20

You should disable compatibility mode for Steam.

Sometimes when Steam crashes or game running from it Windows 7 thinks that Steam needs to run in compatibility mode. This is a problem because there is no need to have Steam work in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode can cause issues with some games.

To fix this problem with a simple edit of the registry.

1) Open the start menu and enter Regedit in the search box and press Enter. If UAC (Control user account) is enabled, you will need to click Yes and continue.

2) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers, and delete the registry entry for file steam.exe.

3) You should also check this entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the same location and also to remove it. Otherwise, check HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted.

4) Restart the computer. Steam no longer needs to run in compatibility mode.
PS skopipastil with http://companyofheroes2.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6562

K
Kickapoo 17.03.20

IamUgly
thank you!! finally, someone came down and explained and that really got))

I
Ioannn 17.03.20

Please help! The same problem, compatibility mode, but Windows 8.1. No on the incentive compatibility and nowhere is not worth, entries in the registry either, nor there, nor there. Help please, how to remove compatibility mode!

M
Mozg64 17.03.20

Just updated to Windows 8.1 and the same error help brothers!!!

M
Mozg64 17.03.20

I
Ioannn 17.03.20

Mozg64
Yes of course it is necessary to create a new topic, I wrote long ago for the same problem on Win8.1, as you can see no one answered.

H
Hawk59 17.03.20

So, has anyone found a solution? win 8.1

B
Bogdanten Salnikov 17.03.20

Same problem on windows10

e
enigmaticus 17.03.20

solved the problem on a 10ke deselecting the check box in the tab compatibility (will predetermine the mode masturbirovala high resolution)