3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Huvpalto 19.03.20 11:41 pm

The Kaidan or Ashley? That is the question (Mass Effect 3)

Checked, it seems there is no such topic.
Someone can say that this is not the place that it should be discussed on the forum about ME1. But I'm not asking who you saved in the first part. I'm curious to know the opinion of the same players as I am about these two characters in General, for all three parts.
Personally I've always liked Kayden and I can explain why.
I the whole series through three times. Two times with Kaidan, and once (via the save editor) and Ashley, just to see how it will affect the plot ( but barely survived her modes in the third part). It is not that which a Persian is more useful in battle (there is so clear that Cayden), and what are the characters in character. I'm with the first part couldn't stand Ashley. Highly important, arrogant, pantova bitch. Climbing all the time with their rude comments when you're with other characters after the mission talk, and even racist (remember her talking about the fact that you can't trust the gun to the turian, and, especially, the systems of the ship in boats).
Closer to the middle of the first part is talking with the captain is not something that is as equals, and generally like he's below her, and her opinion means something (no respect for the head as Kaidan). The impression that she from the first minute, as he was in command, decided that Shepard fell in love with her and now her opinion matters because she's Mrs. captain. I'm serious. Listen to the dialogues. And if we talk about the instinct that compels you to rescue the woman, you'll excuse my vulgarity, but because Ashley is a terrible death!) About it and say nothing.
It is quite another thing - Kayden. He is in the team from the beginning. He respects Shepard and, as he himself said, ready to follow him even in hell. It is wrong to call introverted, he just keeps to himself and reluctantly talks about that (his past, which, by the way, interesting if to inquire, their problems, their grievances, etc.) This is because ,as he himself said, he doesn't want to seem like a whiner and doesn't want to involve the captain in their problems ( unlike Ashley). Except that he is a good soldier who respects elders, he's also a reliable friend and a good friend. I do think that, as a character, he is much better developed.
If to speak about joining Shepard in the Cerberus in the second part, here the same. Cayden almost idolized his captain and was willing to go for him, but he, like Shepard, knows the value of Cerberus. After two years of mourning Shepard suddenly appears and even working with Cerberus! I completely understand his shock (do not forget that we know the whole truth, because look at everything from both Shep and the whole picture). Cayden's not mad at Shepard, he doubted the captain and myself and my feelings. His confidence in Shepard no doubt, but can he believe that demon dog? Hell, he can't even know for sure whether that is Captain Shepard, who was for him unquestionable authority and another, or is it just some kind of clone or VI, which has created Cerberus for their own purposes. In the second and early 3rd parts he doubts, is suffering but then still believed in Shepard and all again became as before.
Ashlee, I can only say that for three parts, she constantly F**IS your brain your whining, even after you made your peace with her, especially if you had an affair with her.
Threw it on meat without a second thought. And the mission on Vermaire, or whatever it is, always waiting with impatience.
Maybe I'm a little bent about Kaidan... I Have always had a strong imagination and I'm always too serious about the plot of the games and to the elaboration of characters in them. Probably why I'm ending myself came up with :P

PS
Hoping to prevent a possible srach about being gay, I will say that I never really worried about this, um... Function, no more Features, which EA took the fashion to poke into everything he touches. I just don't pay attention to things that I don't like. I'm sorry object for such experiments has become is just as great.. (By the way: I myself use anti-gay mod (removes gay remarks from the dialogues), not because of dislike, just a couple of times I accidentally, by habit, chose the top replica (Paragon, in the end)) and it ended badly.

P. P. S.
And no, I'm not gay. I say this because, for some reason, some choice of Kaidan is only one Association (one that hurts).
146 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hydra Dominatus 19.03.20

I for Kaidan. Actually, to add to the avor and nothing )

a
acsimand 19.03.20

I don't know, a little thought picked Ashley. The girl after all, I think Cayden would understand me and supported...

S
Striker36484 19.03.20

Largely agree with the author. In the 1st part Ashley Soldatenko arrogant xenophobe, in the 2nd more forgivable, since 2 years to think that Shepard is dead, and then he suddenly appears and works with Cerberus. Now pass the 3rd part, Ashley was really beginning to strain, whines all the time + she has the appearance of a transsexual O_O

G
Garrus-1994 19.03.20

Huvpalto
Well, you told a little lie still) Kaidan in ME3 whining worse than Ashley. Me direct he his whining angry, and Ashley a little whine in the M3. Well, in battle it is still useful. And as a character he is normal, if not it really is excessive whining. Well, Yes the latter is my own opinion, if that. And some here love to argue)

G
General Pahomov 19.03.20

Kayden was gay and disgraced.

O
Olly-alpha 19.03.20

at the beginning of the 3rd parts he doubts, is suffering but then still believed in Shepard and all again became as before.
There is a small caveat: if a certain scenario not to mention proof against the UDI, the Kayden doesn't believe Shepard, and Shepard is forced to shoot him. And indeed, the image of Kayden personally very unpleasant to me. However, as the image of Ashley. So personally I didn't care who to save and who to leave on Virmire. Usually saved Kaidan, simply because I have it every time I left the bomb, and I back was easier than somewhere to go and rescue ash.

When I took the female character, then decided to try the romance with Kaidan, to see how this type will behave on the Horizon in ME2 and generally in the story in ME3. He behaved as I expected, horribly.
In the last passage saved Ashley. Look at it in the M3, draw conclusions.

The only thing Cayden is very useful in combat, he's a strong biotic, and since I play mostly soldier, I good biotic in the team is always useful.

g
greenfox111 19.03.20

Saved all the time Ashley, by reason of the novel with her, but apparently in vain. Know that developed in the second part of it will make a bastard and the last three lines of the dialogue on the Horizon, simply withdraw it from the plot ( though after some time will send a message of apology, is little consolation). And in the third, almost the entire game listening to her baseless accusations of links with Cerberus, the other links, what to do, Shepard was, is and will be the alpha male (( gave you a kick in the ass, and even offended by other relations (for the sake of experiment romancel with Jack. But in the third part learned how Shepard can own the dance floor with her)), and even drunk girl. Feel sorry for her. Yes, saw not with her beloved captain, and with VEGA (no respect for Shep), after this, my impressionable nature, are unable to bear it and fell into depression.

J
JOKERIVAN 19.03.20

I too was thinking who to save,still chose Ashley because 3 of the Kaidan gay,and there Cortez grabs the eye....

R
Runaa 19.03.20

Garrus-1994
It depends on the passage, I have Garrus whining varies, and even some in his eyes so plaintively looks at attrition takes infection, in vain, I will not fix a save game. To be honest I was hoping that with me will be tough to talk to, and then send, and ran into another.
In General, Garrus maybe with Shep to talk on equal terms, or hard in the M3, the campaign I no how to get it can't all staring at her like a loyal dog or a baby from the bottom up.

Although it is interesting that Kaidan then whining credited, I too could not get, no whining, I have it all.

Olly-alpha
Who are you then Romanelli, Kayden did not like, and you lady hard judging by the posts, especially Garrus, he is like a lamb to Sepka, and she is his mother.
Although probably above the main passage for Shepard, well, then any of the girls?

Huvpalto
About Ashley too, probably from the passage depends, I have in ME was a paw, always maintained, Kaidan without question lost, though she liked it. In General, a real friend, and about her relationship to the aliens after the appropriate conversation has revised its position. And by the way the authority of the shepherd been for it was the law, the respect and love was very much felt with her. But without bootlicking and licking ass. IU all the Persians behave: with honor and dignity.
And now about Kaidan, but Kaidan kept in ME and Shep for his leader.
But everything changes in the M3, they are on equal terms, a rare situation for the game, I appreciated for there is none of this in DAO (Yes, there is a Mori, but it's for men) nor W2 (everything below, GG king and God), Which, same as in DA2.
By the way the M3 two character Kaidan and Liara with which romancity.
Ashley implicitly recognizes main(Noah) Shep in ME3.
It got me a little disappointed in it.
Now a little about sad to Kayden to make friends being a guy, you have to dance to Lambada otherwise the novel with an explanation, but even if Lambada has a couple of sticking points which do not escape.
For ISEP a great option in my opinion, if you want to see her nice woman near strong man.

M
Mag Otshelnik 19.03.20

Who are you then Romanelli
Well, there is still Liara. XD

r
rnk88 19.03.20

In МЕ1 Ashley when in conversation with her she talks about aliens, its possible to put in place, though then there would be no novel.

W
Witke 19.03.20

If you're a soldier, then Kayden would be better served if some other class - then Ashley, about the story could give a shit. Overall, the characters are not particularly original in terms of combat, there are better. Well, I personally chose alenko, although boredom he does not hold

L
Lusty Bacon 19.03.20

Huvpalto
lol Yes you're gay

O
Olly-alpha 19.03.20

Runaa
Come on. I have refined a sensitive soul, I just hide it carefully.

My Jonah (their, men, some, you're right =)) had Affairs with Tali (in ME2), Penny (МЕ1, ME2 and ME3, although not hide the fact that it was a bad thing, but for wagering absolutely necessary) and Jack (ME2, ME3).

Jane (she's got one yet) with МЕ1 in Kaidan and Garrus in ME2 and ME3. Garrus is perfect! - when necessary, brutal when necessary, quite gentle. In what place he goes whining? I was nothing like this. What he needs to say? I have looked, not without interest. :)
The only thing the big question is where has he been the past six months while Shepard was in custody, but let's leave this on the conscience of developers.

For ISEP a great option in my opinion, if you want to see her nice woman near strong man.
I don't think Kaidan strong man. On the contrary, are under the impression that it was he who in this pair is driven and constantly doubting. And what Shepard a partner? She needs or who is stronger or someone who is her equal. In my subjective view, of course.

Now a little about sad to Kayden to make friends being a guy, you have to dance to Lambada otherwise the novel with an explanation, but even if Lambada has a couple of sticking points which do not escape.
How? Tell me HOW you all manage it? I peacethis here, what is this abomination Cayden, specially decided to check up, whether all so is bad. And my John was never in the conversations with Kaidan a single replica that somehow hinted to be something more than just friendship. Not a single slippery moment. Not once in the entire game, although in the hospital, I visited him three times, and have lunch in the Citadel agreed with him. Nothing like this has never surfaced. Although at the time John didn't have any active romance with anyone else.
I never would have guessed that a possible Roman Kaidan, John Shepard, if this is not shouting angrily at each corner of PG.

R
Runaa 19.03.20

Olly-alpha
About Garrus when bad deal with him in ME2 and sacrificed to his loyalty and quest.
Starts whining in the M3, but not better than I was with you all not to go.
Now, about the novels. Shep how do you know a beast or a woman with balls, she is by default, and if someone will say that he played a sweet and fluffy, he is wrong, because in the game it is not.
Novels she starts everything herself and them is that in ME that in ME2.
With Garrus in ME2 is generally something, immediately went to bed, all of a sudden, the poor man was stunned, I have to be honest too.
Then there are words from the category we can't have and I need to prepare.
Sepka honestly runs a few times and asks all we're going to make love to you or not. Garrus then prepared.
In General dragged the unfortunate into bed.
I think it's clear who is the leader and instigator and who is the slave.
Eerily reminiscent of a romance with Alistair. There is also GG harasses the poor. Although there can behave more modest, in ME2 no, the only way.
In the M3 all the same, the whole initiative from Shep, she even kisses or says it needs to be done and everything else too. Equality here does not smell thereof, neither even a small hint, all by myself, until I love you.
Have Garrus position, do as you wish, want me want no, I will not interfere. Or it by and large don't care about her or he scored much in the relationship that initiative to be afraid.
Or Turian females rule and men are seeking, then, all right behaving in accordance with their traditions.
Now Kaidan in ME3, specifically on the facts in the game.
Mars, jealousy Leare he even face prokasro I saw her in the conversation intervened, Larka hisses, if you have no novel, this scene is a little different, I'm not talking about the affair with the Penny say it is clear they are holding hands. The roller will increase and will be delivered by pauses, the detailed shots and shifted the emphasis. This is the way everywhere in the game, it is a pity that many simply do not notice that there are for example 10 seconds. One and the same phrase can be pronounced in different ways, that too few people see.
An example of the most explicit and close about the genius of Kayden in the novel, and without the Penny.
It was a digression in defense of the game, just a shame did tried, but what if this majority does not see the emphasis, it makes no difference.

K
K.I.L.L.J.O.Y 19.03.20

No one!!!

PS I'm a whiner with a Ukrainian name, and xenofobi no case, I sent them home with the Normandy far away, so as not to injure the psyche of my HS.

S
Striker36484 19.03.20

hardblade13
Che immediately with the Ukrainian, maybe Russian?)

R
Runaa 19.03.20

Olly-alpha
The story continues in another post, and something very big will.
The second dialogue on Mars, I of the first passage behavior Sepka struck it, it may cool Shep, wow, she knows how to be feminine, soft, and retreat before man.
The position of Kaidan on Mars: I love you, puck, but I'm not sure in you on 100%, the relationship will not continue. And not move upon me feminine charms, so I decided and this will not change without hard evidence.
Here is where the whining, you can say that it's cruel that he was a scoundrel, that he doesn't like Shep, his ideals above.
But to say about any complaints, as it is impossible.
Your face should say what they think, openly and honestly: I do though love or respect of the novel if not.
And I want to know the events on Mars are not you in charge, and it may all end shot me in the back. And you will fly away with Cerberus. You're not a stranger to me, so I'm asking directly.
And the end of all the fights very revealing: Cayden: I said no means no, Shep: so be it, because it is so love you.
Someone who is lost.
Offer to compare the dialogue with Ashley on Mars, where it is less clear in the end.
Later in the hospital, with good alignment, take the handle, I apologize of course, and all the brains pedrad: compliments saying again about love and relationships in General are doing everything possible to include the charm and charisma that far and long is not sent.
Our Savior of the galaxy turns into a normal girl and with a nice view of all it listens and agrees.
Can be here and the showdown, if the cheating was.
But complaints to life, any disappointment in something or talking about Cerberus not observed, doubt something, too, or insecurity, there is no phrase like I don't know what to do or how I live.
And note in any case Shep did not pounce on him, takes by the hand or something like that is not valid first, and is waiting for the first action from men, as expected in the classic version of the relationship man - woman.
This is observed and the explanation in the cafe on the citadel: the man speaks the woman listens, he was the first to talk about feelings and do asks his lady to be with him, if he's the one already talking about more closely, Shep, run it again, wait what's the rush, Shep agrees.
Whose is the initiative.
And finally, the scene before the Cerberus in one of its variants Shep turns into a cute kitten on his chest Kaidan.
Here you have a cool woman with eggs. When a sensible man can be weak.

M
Master Ken 19.03.20

Me ash don't particularly enjoy, if only for the sake of her trouble, as a member of the squad, she is also not really needed. In the 3rd part, so in General, Kayden more useful in the squad and his bonus ability where it is necessary (desolation and barrier), the answer is obvious to me.

PS. Yes and no gay movements from Kaidan in my party noted. Just need to immediately determine who and who are you, and not to seek adventure on his W...

M
Mag Otshelnik 19.03.20

I suggest the girls to open a topic about Caden in the M3.
Women will be the main topic on the forum.Something like Zevran or lipoidica of Fenris.