3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ALCAB 19.03.20 11:55 pm

Install Win 10 over the old one.

Good day to all. The thing is, now the PC is running Win 10, (some Corporate) version 1607. Type Windows public. Now I want to put Win 10 update 1903 and we come to the question topic. Would it Be possible to put new Windows (public so public of the site) while retaining the data on the C: drive? There as always a lot of programs, drivers, etc. Who did that? Or will have to endure the entire C: drive and put all of the new?
3 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez Ramirez 19.03.20

Purely on logic, while rolling a new Windows over the old one, the second is transferred to the Windows folder.old. That is tolerated and the entire registry. All files remain, but the registry becomes pristine. Because the new Axis creates a new registry with new settings, connections and paths. In theory, you can replant the branches of the old registry to the new, but how this will work is not known. Besides вынь10 didn't work, maybe there it's different somehow.

R
Ryazancev 19.03.20

ALCAB
Corporate this trick probably will not work. Now if only was a normal desktop Proshka.
Easier Zabekapit all and do a clean install.
It will remove all the risks.
Well, 1909, not 1903.

v
vitalik76 19.03.20

For example, from home to home, I think, have a ride, but with corporate Hz. The big question is will she do something to put over yourself. In your case, I wouldn't worry about it for the preservation of all faylopomoyki, and put honest with the formatting of the disk. This will save you from many problems. From time to time the computer needs to be cleaned.