3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TheElSergeyS [Official] 21.03.20 08:11 pm

Help to determine the weakest link PC

Good evening, forum PG. Already a year probably, maybe more, as I faced quite a common problem — the FPS drop in many games.
Forget riddles, arguments, Tarot cards and dancing with a tambourine, and go straight to the point:

The system unit bought in 2015 , its very build 2013\2014. At the time of purchase, he was distinguished only by the amount of RAM, which was only 4GB and the lack of a DVD drive, which I later unscrewed from the old PC and pasted in the new. At the moment, the characteristics and composition of the PC as follows:
1. CPU: Intel Pentium G3450 3.40 GHz | 2xCore | 2xThreads | Socket LGA 1150 | Model C
2. RAM: 1)Patriot Memory DDR3 1600MHz 4GB. 2)Crucial Technology 4GB DDR3 1600MHz. Total volume: 8GB
3. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 | DDR3 | 2GB | Revision A1.
4. Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 (MS-7817) | 1.0 | PCI Express x16 | BIOS v1.9(Date 03/30/2015)
4. The monitor is on the window of 1280x1024 75MHz, and are now standing on the TV instead of the monitor settings 1360x768 60MHz.
5. Hard drive: WDC WD5000AAKX-60U6AA0 ATA Device 500GB
6. External drive: WD My Passport 0822 USB Device 1TB

Now a little back to the problem. Even taking the old game into your own hands, you will notice that even in the same CoD:WW, CS:Source, CS:GO, WoT, Crysis 2 or Far Cry 3, the FPS does not rise above 20-30, everything else and the camera twitches and jerks(Here it is, the FPS in the case, as they say).
Now about the measures taken:
1. Have peremabiri system unit from scratch, cleaned all that is possible(Unless only not dismantled and was not cleaned inside hard drive :D ).
2. Tried to overclock to increase FPS
3. Twisted, the spit, swore at these settings the NVIDIA — Vert.sync, shaders, antialiasing, filtering, etc, etc
4. Defragmentarea were all 2 disc — external and internal.
5. Updated all the drivers.
6. Re-installed Windows on license clean Windows 7 64bit, with full formatting of the system drive, which eliminates the presence of viruses interfere with the normal functioning of the PC.
7. Changed the monitors, resolve them.
8. In the BIOS, experimented with the frequency settings, put everything to the maximum, the minimum, optimum(is on maximum).
9. In recent times, but rather 3 days ago, changed the thermal grease, which eliminates the throttle as the video card, and CPU.
10. Included in the BIOS OC Genie.
11. Jump with a tambourine around a PC.

What else may be tried with grief, I can't remember. Waiting for your answers and opinions that it can be reliable to find in the system dead link.
11 Comments
Sort by:
A
ALCAB 21.03.20

Sergei Anilin
Try the drives to check for dead sectors (Victoria for example), look at what will show as an option

A
AnPei 21.03.20

Sergei Anilin
CPU to replace the i5-4690 , RAM increase to 16GB., the video card to a gtx 1060 (now the problem ). Then play and be happy.

T
TheElSergeyS [Official] 21.03.20

If I wanted to just replace the RAM, processor and video card, I would have a similar theme and was not created. And Victoria will check tonight, take a look there.

M
MagicHero 21.03.20

TheElSergeyS [Official]
And sense to check the disks, they do not affect fps (if only in advanced cases when the RAM through the floor) you have enough RAM so even if you put SSD in addition to increase the speed of download fps in games will not increase.

T

MagicHero
Then you need to understand what and where went wrong. Was your old CPU sold already, don't remember exactly feature complete, but was 2xCore processor, 2GB of RAM, and video card GT 430 as I remember. And in the end, playing rather old games such as CoD: MW 1/2/3, Battlefield 2/3, Crysis 2, and so on, the FPS was about 40-60 with the Vertical Sync what to play was quite nice and comfortable, because the camera was smooth, shots were smooth. And now when the computer is significantly better than the old characteristics, game show ourselves as modern, and the feeling that I was playing on the PC and on the calculator or in the entrance intercom. What and where is wrong, can not understand for quite a long time.

M
Metalist1925 21.03.20

you have 2 dice RAM from different manufacturers, perhaps there went something wrong.

A
AnPei 21.03.20

In fact the information you need - pictures of the display adapter properties and BIOS information about the system.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 21.03.20

I would try to install the old drivers for the video card. Just the same year 14-15.

b
bloomm 21.03.20

The main hero of the occasion it gt 730 would have been even ddr5 version wherever you went, when changing maps, even on some sort of 560ti the difference is enormous.

T

Well, the old games she is supposed to pull, as they do not have high system requirements, but even they do not give a large bar of FPS.

D
Denis Kyokushin 21.03.20

TheElSergeyS [Official]
To determine the weak link must be at least in system monitor.I have 7950 in Return to Castle Wolfenstein drawdown was,and 570GTX – no.But after changing the percents were in the same places of podragivanija.Special influence on the performance of the 7950 had the smoke from hot food on the table.The impression,as if it is the beginnings of PhysX.A game in 2001