3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gmh4589 22.03.20 07:21 pm

How do you like the new version of Firefox 57?

At first glance I liked it, but it was enough to dig a little deeper, I changed my mind. I will try to argue why.
1. Changed major design. Well, it would seem okay. But everything became angular-square, in the eighth the wind, which largely failed due to this design. Firefox up to 56-th version I just liked not standard, but user-friendly design, but no, you had to make a standard and familiar.
2. Promises - already half a year the Mozilla Foundation fed with promises that the browser will become easier, faster, better, chrome wins and stuff like that. But it was multithreaded, it would seem a plus, but because of this, with one open tab, the browser started to eat in the area pologise, and then the gig, as each thread takes 100-200 MB of the Opera, while the last version was eating so much, if you open 20 tabs. The speed difference is not noticed, everything loaded instantly and loaded. Made clearly in favor of the owners of the old jedruszek of bolts and chips, but given the increasing voracity of RAM, is unlikely to help.
3. Plugins - changed the plugin system, as a result, most of them are now not working. Warned about this in six months. On normal, there was no need to stop supporting older versions for a while. Type old plugins were vulnerable browser, and they should be abandoned. Yes the plugin is on any vulnerable spot that there not making this up! This dubious innovation, they put down the drain that people have done over the years.
4. The button"home" moved to another corner. I know it can move, and customize the interface to suit yourself as you want, but many do not know, and use what you have.

Conclusion - roll back to the previous version, turned off auto-update. Will wait for the next updates, I hope they come to their senses, and if not - to find a replacement(
17 Comments
Sort by:
S
SKVERNING1 22.03.20

That is so true! Years use, have used, have wound their plugins, and here on you! Almost nothing I need is not working. But the new design I went, it's like Win 10, to use a nasty but beautiful the same...

N
Natalielinen 22.03.20

gmh4589
100% agree! The new design hurts my eyes (this, of course, privykaesh), plug-ins boom! - where?! This new system bookmark kick uncomfortable. Before clicked ->chose bookmarks -> found -> opened. Now they are in the income statement somewhere stuffed, and still not all at once open, there is a button to open all the bookmarks. I first saw, I think, where is everybody? Bookmarks there are a shitload of it,and there's as it is now. And even in a new tab otkrivaut. Braking was horrible, I thought it was because of the history of the downtrodden, and leaves no.

N
Natalielinen 22.03.20

SKVERNING1
well about Windows 10 said))

b
belmed 22.03.20

The design is adjusted to the old in 1 minute, and works much faster, operatives eats polyga-gig as the old version, now all browsers so guzzle, minus additions Yes not all work, but I found an alternative and are working without problems

x
xoen 22.03.20

Works faster, eats less. The design is sharpened by yourself easily.
There are no I need plugin which have no alternatives yet.

Until you can use something like CyberFox with sharpening under intel/amd to choose from.

g
gmh4589 22.03.20

belmed
Old ate polyga-gig if you open a lot of tabs. Right now I have 6 tabs open (is 56 version, i.e. previous) - consumes 560 MB Opera. So much new takes 1-2 tabs. If the mainframe is not a problem, the laptops of polyga with two tabs, this is the trouble. And for big PC this is not good. For example, while playing a very demanding game, turned it, went to see the passage. Looked, turned the game mercilessly point. Open the task Manager and see that the reason the Mozilla Foundation, as it is eaten in district 3 gigs of Opera. With the old version such trouble was not, it was possible to play safely and use the Internet.
And if all browsers now eat is no excuse. Most users installed 8-16 gigs of operativki, and a few gigs gobbled up browser memory, it's overkill. And to increase it due to the fact that Mozilla suddenly decided that they need more operativki - they went to hell, it's not the only browser I find better than the other.
xoen
I don't want to waste your time and customize yourself. I want to install and forget. I'm used to the old design if someone the old design Mozilla not satisfied, I think they could find an alternative in the form of another browser. New design a stupid and inconvenient, and I don't think its right can be set the same as it was. In addition, Mozilla has skins, again, whom was not satisfied with the old design - it is possible to use them.
Is faster - never noticed the page loaded for a split second, and loaded. Can be with bad Internet for the increased speed is noticeable, but who still uses the Internet?

D
Dolgovya3yy 22.03.20

Removed this misunderstanding, No. 57 . Went on Google and don't regret, everything loaded much faster than Mozilla 56,a lot of applications (almost all apps Mozilla from Google was!) video loaded very good. fast and very good.accurately reproduced (due to the built-in Flash or something, or the fact that Google owns YouTube and Facebook?))).
I used to have Google no standing.
Started vykovyrivat from the register, the Mozilla Foundation-unleashed-axis.I realized that it is almost impossible-no program walima in principle! Had to reinstall. Well, it's probably for the better-much got rid of unnecessary programs and their tracks.
To Mozilla hardly ever come back unless Google is not banned in Russia or he quits. Or will Domenicali in terms of locking content!

U
UkrGeralt 22.03.20

With Sep completely abandoned Chrome on PC, and ago desire to go there. With plugins only uBlock Origin, so the migration was painless. The design is in perfect harmony with 10кой what I'm talking about the Chrome I can not say. New homophobia configuration became awkward, it was better before. Regarding memory consumption has increased, but I'm not a fan of running 20 tabs for sidebar bookmarks easier. Update sawed for most, so fans of extensions have been ugly, but the Mozilla Foundation has risen in my eyes.

D
Dolgovya3yy 22.03.20

UkrGeralt
Came ugly with users and not fans extensions. ) Maybe someone knows, but people sometimes (!) apply extensions to work (to earn money). For example, the extension FVD Speed Dial h and my colleagues used to preserve and maintain the actual websites of suppliers of components,materials,websites covering the law in the profile and without,etc. for Example, your humble servant has 35 groups and about 500 dials (sites) which are in constant motion. Need another translator S3, Evernone, plugin PDF, so many things! Extensions so I think, love they should not be, but if you need the work they need. Although I was used by Mozilla a few years .Now I can not understand why after I switched to chrome.)) Probably only because TabMix.))
Optional:chrome never off, and writes that not responding when you open any number of tabs! And running as fast as when one open tab! The Mozilla have 10 tabs open that cemetery of nerves for the user.

R
RikoChiko 22.03.20

Until recently it was sitting at 46. And as for me 46 eat less resources than 56 and 57.

M
MelShlemming 22.03.20

I generally liked it. To work became more bright. That's just had extensions to put new.

g
gmh4589 22.03.20

shieldandsword
Yeah, it seems too on chrome will have to go(
Drove like Mozilla in the grave)

D
Dolgovya3yy 22.03.20

gmh4589
I agree that driven to the grave. No idea what now posilovny should be able to do to recover at least some of the former users. Do not be surprised if Mozilla will sell to the virus as seychvs Amigo or mail.ru !

S
Sergey 82 22.03.20

Installed Mozilla Firefox 58,0,2. There is a problem on this site. Button does not work Like under the blogs, videos, etc. to put the advantages of user messages are possible. In Opera, on PC and in browser on Android everything works fine. I wonder what it could be?

g
gmh4589 22.03.20

Sergey 82
But ad-blockers are not installed? Because of them it happens occasionally.

S
Sergey 82 22.03.20

gmh4589
Yes, it is Adblock, but disabling it did not help. Happens the animation of clicking, but like is not counted, and the material in the statistics any is not added. In the Opera this is not, and with the included blocker.

g
gmh4589 22.03.20

Sergey 82
Then dunno
I can still recommend the browser cache clean, it can help