3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 22.03.20 07:21 pm

Detailed configuration of the emulator under Pcsx2 Spyro (The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night)

And then I decided to explain to you how to properly configure the emulator for PS2 the best game in The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon! It is that the most well emulated the part about Spyro on the PS2. I will try to explain a language you understand! If you have any questions about emulation or settings - please, this topic always is!

Now, the freshest version of emulsions PS2 now version 0.9.9 (Already on PG - http://www.playground.ru/files/48688/ , though it is not the newest. Attention! Starting with revision r5255 emulator in terms of Legend of Spyro entered a dead-end branch of development, that is, the menu is not displayed again as it should be. I hope the last revision fixes this problem! So if you want to play well - download either version of PG, or a revision to r5255). At the moment Pcsx2 0.9.9 3/4 emulates all the PS2 games! And it's awesome! Of course there are still some tugodumny the games that are buggy or do not go like human beings, but they are very few. It all depends on the setting of the emulsion, so if the game lag or match - no need to sin on the game itself, better dig in the settings of this creation (Pcsx2).

Actually business. The first window that we will appear at the first launch of emulsions is the choice of language. I think having a basic knowledge of English can be found among the languages native Russian =) So, choose it.
The next thing we will show is this:
pix.PlayGround.ru
Yes, this is configuring plugins, gentlemen. Here it is necessary to specify the correct path to the folder with the plugins, and everything is OK.
ATTENTION!!! The path to plugins and to eMule SHOULD NOT contain Russian letters! Well, here's emulsion Russophobia, what can you do? =)
Then the plugins themselves. Let's start with the video plugin:
pix.PlayGround.ru
Here is this handsome. Personally, I have DX11, not the fact that he has you! So, the resolution must not exceed 1024 x 1024, a beautiful picture will certainly be, but you'll pay for it low frames per second! Although the way on modern graphics cards the FPS drop is negligible, it happens and it does not. Let me remind you, the native resolution of the console-only 640х556 (approx)!
Select DX maximum available on your system. More than X, the less glitches, and the faster games will go!
For The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon must be enabled Skipdraw Hack, and it needs to stand on the value of 1! Otherwise, you will enjoy the game without the glow, and beautiful special effects, on the screen as colored squares.
Everything else shown on the screen.

Next, a custom sound plugin:
pix.PlayGround.ru
Everything you need is shown in the screenshot. But still: better put in the plug-in function audio to Async Mix, it does not stretch the sound for the number of frames. If a powerful enough CPU, then feel free to put the sound quality of PS2-like (highest quality).

Further management setup:
pix.PlayGround.ru
Well then, clear the stump, put the needed buttons =). It is commendable that you can put one button to several real buttons, such as keyboard and joystick.

Now click on the OK button:
pix.PlayGround.ru
BIOS... then Choose any, it does not affect game performance. If the BIOS no, emly specify the path to the folder with the BIOS, and then everything the old fashioned way =)

So we are all set up now by pressing OK, before we are shown this window:
pix.PlayGround.ru
The window the window, but why do we need the emulsion? True, we want to play!
But the setup is incomplete.
Choose configure string setting Emulation. It should open window with name Settings PS2 - PCSX2. Tab MemoryCards noise (the features are still unfinished, and in principle in the future should not be needed), select EE/IOP. Here we will configure recopilatory used during emulation of the game Recopylator converts the console actions in the computer that is given the ability to execute the console code on the computer. In the end, we can enjoy console games on an emulator. So, consider the various points of order.

EmotionEngine Is a Central processor of the PS2 (the first 128-bit processor in the world, as well as the first commercially available dvuhyadernik). More details can be found in Wikipedia. There are 2 provisions of this menu:
- Interpreter - step-by-Step processing code to check for correctness. Only used for debugging and finding errors. Emulation in this way is flawless, but very slow.
- Recompiler - Actually executes the code method, created by the developers. Processing is ten times faster than with the interpreter, I recommend to choose it.

IOP - Controller input / output. Also has 2 positions - Interpreter and Recompiler. Boldly put recompiler (Recompiler), because the Interpreter - slowpoke still the same as saleget you the game! =)
Lower leave everything as it is.

Now go to next tab - VUs. VU is a 128 - bit vector module the main processor of the PS2 Emotion Engine, which are responsible for processing physics, and polygons. Let us study the available on the settings tab.
pix.PlayGround.ru

VU0 - Vector, the module responsible for the transformation of the physics, polygons and other things that are used in the gameplay. Has 3 positions processing Interpreter, microVU Recompiler and superVU Recompiler [legacy]. At the moment the fastest way superVU, so I recommend to choose him. microVU now being actively developed in the future will completely replace the latter method, some of the features in the next tab work only with microVU. In some games it even faster now, so try both.

VU1 - Responsible for transformation, lighting, special effects and other calculations that are relevant to visualization. As in the case of VU0, there are 3 different modes of processing. Choose something that will work faster and more reliably for a variety of games - microVU Recompiler or superVU Recompiler [legacy].

And now the most interesting: Spichki.
pix.PlayGround.ru
Everything is built under Spyro.
But I will clarify a few things. EE Cyclerate - Reduces the amount of CPU cycles, thereby increasing emulation speed. May cause problems with playing sound and videos. Features 3 position slider:
- 1 - Standard number of CPU cycles.
- 2 - Reducing the number of cycles by 33%. A small increase in speed, and great compatibility with games.
- 3 - reduce the number of cycles to 50%. The average growth speed, but the possible interruption of the audio stream and FMV clips.

VU Cycle Stealing is the Loss of part VU cycles to speed up emulation, can lead to screen flicker and the loss of special effects. Has 4 position slider:
- 0 - Reduction in the number of VU cycles disabled.
- 1 - Soft reduction VU cycles. Compatibility is a bit lower, but gives a slight acceleration in most games.
- 2 - Average reduction VU cycles. Even lower compatibility, but a more significant speed boost in many games.
- 3 - reduction VU cycles. A significant speed boost in some games, but most have problems with special effects, flicker appears the screen objects. It is also possible to slowdown the emulation. Use with extreme caution!

Now look below the menu Other Hacks. There are 2 different item.

Enable INTC Spin Detection - Gives a huge increase in emulation speed when you turn, with virtually no side effects. Recommended by the developers, so you should include.

Enable Wait Loop Detection - the Average acceleration in some games, side-effects are unknown. While recommended by the developers, it is necessary to include.

As for the GSDX plugin Cutie: if you want to play with a beautiful glow (only works in a New Beginning and Eternal Night), do as indicated in the screenshot: the Red shows the function that meet and glow:
Attention! That glow is beautiful, but fraught with various bugs, such as loss of transparency of grass and other debris.
pix.PlayGround.ru

Unfortunately the standard video plugin does not render the glow as it should.

Well, that's all. For all questions contact me here or in a PM on PG.

Enjoy the game!
18 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grotesque The Human 22.03.20

I have the videos go too fast and speak it so quickly that no[censored] is not clear!!

G

AU

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 22.03.20

Press F4 During commercials!

G

OK

T

Gentlemen!! Glad to please you, a defect with the menu and the bar lives solved! New revision emulsion corrects this blatant glitch!
Starting with revision r4833 this glitch is no more.
However such only works from a purely English game, in Russian this is still not fixed.
Who wants referring to is in the PM

N
NoOneKnown 22.03.20

ndaaa...that is to normal play, I'll have a week to mess with torrents, russifiers and emulators. easier to buy the PS2 (although this is one of the last things I want to do in my life.)

F
FC Shakhtar Donetsk 22.03.20

ViVar
At direct hands and presence of gray matter in the head setting emulsion on the finished screens with setting keyboard/joystick - 10 minutes. Search games for torrent built-Ruzicka - 5 minutes. More time will take a jump of the game (depending on the speed of the Internet, although the ps2 will also have to download from Internet). Long? I think not. The main thing is to meet two objectives I described at the beginning of lent.

T

I hope everyone figured out how to set up? (=

T
Tanuska_Didenko 22.03.20

I have it loaded but when it comes to the main menu of the game well play , options, exit, etc. the picture is themselves points no..(((((...how can I solve this problem??

T

Tanuska_Didenko
It has all been decided! A revision 4833 fixed it.

F
FC Shakhtar Donetsk 22.03.20

Starting with revision r5255 emulator in terms of Legend of Spyro entered a dead-end branch of development, that is, the menu is not displayed again as it should be.
pix.PlayGround.ru

I hope the last revision fixes this problem!
pix.PlayGround.ru

I fucking spent hours searching for a problem in the settings (not displayed main menu) on the latest version of the emulator (R5423), and there it is that pix.PlayGround.ru

T

FC Shakhtar Donetsk
Everything is already fixed, now the game goes back to normal on the emulsion (=

T

The emulator has reached such a stage of development that have virtually nothing else to configure, as described in this guide. Everything became much easier. (=

D
Durko Dzhem 22.03.20

All great and cool, I'm a little early but the emulsion setting perfect come, thank you

T

Asminoid
It is, in principle, it is easy to find online, but here it is: http://rghost.ru/50801548

d
dotker 22.03.20

does not see Bios that only did not try it

v
victor167 22.03.20

eh... not appear in the letters menu...

L
L303 22.03.20

I can't run spyro the new begining, all the time red screen insert the disk help!