3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PIMP17 22.03.20 09:05 pm

Film o Half-Life and Portal or the alternative third part (Half-Life 3)

All probably know what the infamous producer J. J. Abrams will make a film about the universe of Half life and Portal. Recently released movie of the same producer - Cloverfield Paradox in which I noticed some similarities with the Half life universe, about which later. And this is the third part of a series of films. In order.
The similarities in the first part of the movie called Cloverfield (aka Cloverfield because of the poor translation):
The bugs that were in the underground city, very similar to Ant lions.
The second part of Cloverfield 10:
From this part we learn that before the attack of the aliens, was constructed the bunker, which kept, most likely insane man, the girl's name was Michelle. Now important - On the glass this girl wrote HELP, just like in both parts of the portal almost every level you can find such inscriptions on the walls. The girl's name was MiCHEL, the protagonist of the portal CHEL.
The third part reminded me of half life the fact that in this film, scientists are working on device, and as a result has taken on an alien planet.

All the facts far-fetched,I know, but given the silence about the development of the third part of the game you want to cling to any threads or hints of HL3.
It seems to me that I didn't like the movies Cloverfield universes and HL and Portal are connected and the next part of the movie will confirm it.
8 Comments
Sort by:
B
Brannan 22.03.20

And fullmodel, as we like to put Easter eggs and references.
It is doubtful that can bind to Half-Life universe, but as a passing reference... it may very well be.

P
PIMP17 22.03.20

Brannan
As for me not sending the main thing, and the producer of the same+ a little the similarity of the universes

S
Stavaas 22.03.20

At the time, Michelle and I finally fell under the table. This is very stupid, these are your theory have no meaning.

P
PIMP17 22.03.20

Stavaas
We'll see who's laughing when my assumptions will be true)

p
poxxxuist 22.03.20

Syndrome search deeper meaning.

B
Brannan 22.03.20

PIMP17
Half-Life is very mysterious. And this mystery in this series served very well: we have so much and so clearly shown so little that we were able to drown, but we turned out to be very short... And, as practice has shown, this formula is the formula for success (according to the opinion of fans, and a lot of them).
Cloverfield, starting with monster, shows us something big but at the same time so hidden, nesuchyne that causes a rapid interest.
Cloverfield and Half-Life are essentially one and the same formula feed...
The same producer... it's possible that in the movies he began to realize the ideology is the same as in the game.

The similarity of the universes - arguments please, very interesting. As for me, again, the similarity is only in the mystery, and, in addition, extraterrestrial creatures.

J
Jason_Todd 22.03.20

Nonsense. Half-life is necessary to nobody, even to its creators. Unfortunately.

I
Int0xicate 22.03.20

Jason_Todd
Just HL developers need. They don't want a bunch of fans to pour cult game on the line. I'd do the same thing.
The game is very long gone and then other requirements for the games were, well, just the game itself was the first of its kind.
Now big bends expectations - it is very likely you will fail the project. Yet we should not forget that the single is dying now and it makes no sense for him to sweat. The priority now multiplayer.
Well, Valve has enough work, they could have associated with the Incentive. So they don't do the third part because HL 2 has become a cult, and the third part can fail and then the whole series of the game will not be something significant in the industry.
Valve you not like Eskinol office or Aktivizhn that in games the bundle see. Valve for games is quite another.
By the way, all kinds of stuffing in the network about images, files, where is HL, and 3 other unreleased game is just a warming up of the audience. To more spinning in-game news and out the top when you start to forget partially about valves.
PS: everyone is talking about HL 3, but forget rosy, and the L4D series and Portal. They also have the third part. Coincidence? Not at all. And after that the players still waiting for the game that will never be released. Humble has.