3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strel-Ok 26.09.19 03:38 pm

Which Vista is better to put?

Windows Vista I have only seen from the side, and then - not often encountered. I a complete noob.
Now I want to put it (aren't we supposed to do this). XP I should have, and I want Vista on the other hard drive to stick.
Tell me, which version is better to install? As far as I know, there are: Home, Ultimate and even some. As well as 32 and 64 bit.
Than they differ from each other? Which is worse, which is better?

Moderator note: Request all well-wishers, not to find fault with this axis, here not asking for Your opinion about this OS, here are asking her about her choice.
23 Comments
Sort by:
d
dwc 26.09.19

http://soft.oszone.net/download/3471/Windows_Vista_FAQ.html

A
Assassin 26.09.19

Windows Vista Starter – castrated version for developing countries. If it will stumble, run and never look back.

Windows Vista Home Basic is already better. Those who purchase this edition of the Vista you get for your money all its main features, but will be deprived of the beautiful Windows Aero and almost all basic programs.

Windows Vista Home Premium – the best option for gamers. Includes glamorous Windows Aero, Windows Media Center, Windows DVD Maker, Windows Movie Maker, set of new games (Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans and Inkball), plus all sorts of additional features like file backup, power management (useful for laptops) and other things in the same spirit.

Windows Vista Business – devoid of almost all that have Home Premium, but is equipped with advanced networking capabilities and protection against hardware failures.

Finally, Windows Vista Ultimate combines the Home Premium editions and Business. It is not difficult to guess, Ultimate – the most complete edition of Vista, except Windows Vista Enterprise, designed for large companies.

From the above it follows that if you're a gamer and if you decided to change to Vista, then take you have either Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate. There are 32 - and 64-bit versions of these systems (and in a box Ultimate laid-both at once).

S
Strel-Ok 26.09.19

And what 32-bit is different from 64-bit? Me the question always interested. Not only with Vista but also with XP too

A
Assassin 26.09.19

The main difference is not in the OS itself and the hardware platform. 64-bit allows you to use 264 bytes of memory, which equals 16777216 Peta bytes.
32-bit, respectively, is 232, which equals to 4 GB.

Ie using a 32-bit platform you can't use more than 4 GB of memory, and for modern machines this is not always enough.

The differences in the software is almost there. Except that 64-bit will run faster than 32-bit.

D
DNMOH 26.09.19

Assassin
I have a question for You: I heard that on 64-bit remove drivers without a digital signature.. or is it? I usually put fire wood from disks attached to the magazines - they are all unsigned, and swing the net does not allows.. then Where to take them?

A
Assassin 26.09.19

Alas, all 64-bit drivers must be digitally signed for Windows Vista 64-bit. Unsigned drivers are not supported and cannot be installed on a 64-bit version of Windows Vista. Digital signature verification is performed when you install and download drivers.

D
DNMOH 26.09.19

Assassin
Okay, thanks..

S
Strel-Ok 26.09.19

Interesting, I didn't know before.

And I have another question: I have XP, Vista'm going to put the second OS. If I start to install it through Windows and not through the BIOS, I won't have a conflict between existing and already installed Windows?

m
mynameisfoxy 26.09.19

when Vista comes after XP (seems to be regardless of Windows is written or not) that does not occur. just Buet menu select axis. well, if sales occur (et if to put XP after Vista), no trouble)) put the booth selector and Buet happiness)

S
Strel-Ok 26.09.19

Damn, and I've heard quite often that if there is and Vista and XP, then the Axis is terribly slow. You need at least 4Gb of RAM.

S
Strel-Ok 26.09.19

Guys, well, you respond, please on my last post. And then I put the new bidascu that direct 10 supports think about whether to put Vista.

By the way, how many of the advantages 10ДХ? Whether it is hemorrhoids?
Well I only direct for it and want to put.

m
mynameisfoxy 26.09.19

just because direct is not worth it... although if the computer is a good bet on her. all the promise of glitches can not be found.

R
Romchik Bakaldin 26.09.19

Strel Ok
better put an ultimatum to either business(the ultimatum better) and bitness 32 bit does not support all apps only 32битные and 64 bit and supports 32-bit and 64-bit so 64 is better but if a weak PC I recommend 32-bit and percent see . And I'd add -
WindowsXP - aaaaaaaa! shit! smelly! the fucking system by bill geyttsa! Someone should throw a screw into the window without thinking and move on to Vista\7\8\10 I 10
Vista is a thousand times better!
And don't suggest to put Vista Starter and Mr. Premium on the last awful lag external and not the device, especially built-in webcam! On Skype will have to take a shit.

R
Romchik Bakaldin 26.09.19

Strel Ok
Many but can be some lags that will not be happy(he test on different computer)

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 26.09.19

64-bit allows you to use 2^64 bytes of RAM which equals 16777216 Peta bytes.
32-bit, respectively, 2^32, which equals to 4 GB.
But really, all a bit wrong. Up to 4GB somehow work (max 2 GB for the process and selection at a time up to (2^31-1) bits.
The real possibility of win 7 (not Ultimate):
The upper limit for the version of Home Basic and Home Premium are 8 and 16 GB respectively.

N
Nikita Arzanyaev 26.09.19

The man lowered Windows Vista! Install the eight will not regret it!

G
Givemethedust 26.09.19

Romchik Bakaldin
You hurried to answer. For 7 years.

M
MunchkiN 616 26.09.19

I have Vista 32 bit the first version of home premium to work with 6 gigs of RAM and have seen 6 GB of RAM. plus, you can connect I will use it again
the kruzisom I swear
and PA subject 64 bit nabor obnova 2. ultimat or home premium without a difference. and it seems this latest Windows the new generation is compatible with more modern computer that supports the driver of the Agay of POSIX that need some games.

M
Marionetco 26.09.19

no shit the news got from the dusty shelves PG. ahaha

d
dimania163 26.09.19

Ahaha I read it without looking at the date, and ofigivaet)