3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kirika 24.03.20 07:28 pm

help a newbie (Quake 2)

Downloaded quake 2 with playground and he does not start, gives an error couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx what to do?
19 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 24.03.20

you probably downloaded the Quake2 3.20 patch (Win) =)
here on this site, not the full game.

well, if you have the whole game, then that colormap.pcx
(download the archive, there's a picture that needs to be placed in the folder ...Quake2/baseq2/pics)

I know I sometimes knock these Lola
- 2 red wrote
you yourself lol, damn nerd. You have to write in red all the previous offensive in my post...

k
kirika 24.03.20

Arigato, looked through the posts already downloaded the full version fullgames. EN, as long as it works, and then try to go online

Q
Q2kerS 24.03.20

Usually Kwak writes a message of this kind when you are just a single executable without all the rest. launch!!! => improper installation, or damage to the contents.
Although the guys from ID - plugged in the game is the fail in 3!!!!!! -copies and the loss of a single recovered is another well, so anything can happen.....

b
bushmen 24.03.20

And I have a question too, I decided to write this topic, please help me how to load bots on the map q2dm1. If someone answers, ask to chew in a row where to get where to download how to run the game..... Thanks in advance.

b
bushmen 24.03.20

In order to save your time I will write what I have already done:
the r1q2 client version 3.20 downloaded 3zb2 bot in the folder(though my path is somewhat long) F:\Игры\Counter-strike 1.6\Quake2.
start the game through the client ,in the console write
deathmatch 1
game 3zb2
map q2dm1
sv add 2
in response to receiving (unknown server command add)
voila (((
tried it on other bots there is no result.
help pliz.

b
bushmen 24.03.20

all the question is no longer confused with directories... )

A

the truth is I have several long way
Um, you have a few strange way, to be honest :) haven't seen that the path had Russian letters. Although I'm not sure how this may interfere with the game. But still he would not call the games in Russian :P
For reliability.

Q
Q2kerS 24.03.20

A. Soldier of Light:
+1

2бушмен
Do not know who thought to rewrite 3Z, so much so that spoils team 'sv add' - after the usual 'more' 3z added team 'sv spb x x'

b
bushmen 24.03.20

try and so konektite, but they oddly conectada and so add 4 sv. ))
more do not put. head is spinning. They are really good bots. I like. Still learning.... the hand will stuff will start in the net and then I direct inconvenient in teamplay... I tried to play with people but is clearly too weak yet. My nick if th 777, maybe something like catch up.

K
KuHDer 24.03.20

Guys please!!!
Downloaded the game but I can not understand how to concretise=)you need to dial and stuff...1 in q2...

b
bushmen 24.03.20

perhaps you have already found the answer to this question, but just in case I will answer.
Pisces in the game console ( press e) for example connect 212.42.38.88:27910 and connecters to this server or the Internet in a search engine type of server q2 will find another working server in the same way))

M
Mr.SuperKriper 24.03.20

TAKE Fig!

O
Old NICK bveb 24.03.20

Please tell me where to extract improved texture?
Unpacked in Basseq2, Choate no changes imperceptibly...

A

Old NICK bveb wrote:
Unpacked in Basseq2, Choate no changes imperceptibly...
If you downloaded these textures from the file archive here, it says that part of some mod. I did not check, I have an old pack of textures there. But the point is that the standard Quake 2 engine is NOT able to display improved high quality textures, for this purpose it is necessary to install a graphics engine that supports them. For example, KMQUAKE or Berserker.

O
Old NICK bveb 24.03.20

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to deal next weekend.

O
Old NICK bveb 02.12.20

A.Soldier of Light
Or maybe there is a link where you can download everything at once - ku2 with improved textures, a new engine, a full set of maps, etc.?
For me, this would be the best option)))

By the way, I don't know why PlayGround is played on the map q2dm1... why if there is catodm? It is much more fun, due to jumping installations instead of elevators, from the first aid kits near the gun you can jump immediately on the bronic, through the whole amphitheater (though often you are removed by rail in the air))))))) and there is also immediately jump up, where the weapon is added, over the pool added ledges, you can use the protrusions on the wall to jump to the radar to the rocket launcher, etc.

A
A.Soldier of Light 02.12.20

Old NICK bveb wrote:
Or maybe there is a link where you can download everything at once - ku2 with improved textures, a new engine, a full set of maps, etc.?
I do not know such links ) It would be convenient for those who decided to either remember the former, but does not have the game and all its buns, or for the first time wants to play, but immediately with improved textures and graphics.
And so... I'll have to collect it myself. Although you can search on torrent trackers of the assembly, there is (I saw), but the links to them here should not leave 8)
Old NICK bveb wrote:
I can see why play on PlayGround on the map q2dm1... why if there is catodm?
q2dm1 is an immortal classic, so no surprise. All series from q2dm1 to q2dm8 is a classic deathmatch-card for Ku2. Well, three more maps of the series ztn.

And if you don't understand, I'm probably not wrong if I assume you didn't play Ku2 during his fame? ^_^ 1998-1999, I would say, right up until 2002, somewhere like that. In principle, in the same years and Ku3 was at the peak of popularity, but longer than the second part.

As for the modifications of the q2dm1 card, there are quite a lot of them. Apparently, this server believes that it is still worth leaving the classic version.

A
A.Soldier of Light 02.12.20

Old NICK bveb wrote:
I do not know such links ) It would be convenient for those who decided to either remember the former, but does not have the game and all its buns, or for the first time wants to play, but immediately with improved textures and graphics.
And so... I'll have to collect it myself. Although you can search on torrent trackers of the assembly, there is (I saw), but the links to them here should not leave 8)
Old NICK bveb wrote:
I can see why play on PlayGround on the map q2dm1... why if there is catodm?
q2dm1 is an immortal classic, so no surprise. All series from q2dm1 to q2dm8 is a classic deathmatch-card for Ku2. Well, three more maps of the series ztn.

And if you don't understand, I'm probably not wrong if I assume you didn't play Ku2 during his fame? ^_^ 1998-1999, I would say, right up until 2002, somewhere like that. In principle, in the same years and Ku3 was at the peak of popularity, but longer than the second part.

As for the modifications of the q2dm1 card, there are quite a lot of them. Apparently, this server believes that it is still worth leaving the classic version.

O
Old NICK bveb 02.12.20

A.Soldier of Light
Thank you for your help!
Sorry for a very late answer)))
yes, you're right, I started playing around 2000-2002.
There was something like savages opened fire)))
I came to a new job, the computers there were weak, the people played in q1 and doom 2.
Then someone dug up a snouting ku2 folder. Well, and with the squeak began to play - to advise especially no one was, for all the game was new, played at first not even strum and not running - came, turned shot )))
Sometimes they found old men, who from the counter can be seen resting, and with them - was born blinked and died)) or to us will come to the old man, and kill him almost no way ...
But the matter stretched for years, every lunch played, the level grew, the old men (found them and met) began to mutate us more often, because we were already resisting well. They taught us how to play as a team, not just desmatch. Usually each team has 1-2 old men and 5-6 greens. Then a lot of people ran for the flags with them. But more often they ran to the dessmatch.
Among the Greens were department directors. There was lunch, or a subbotnik, or there's a new NG, forget to run the servah - and someone like a zam. and jokingly thinks that I do not perform my direct duties)))

Then in 2007 he moved to another job and there was no longer up to the quaki. But here, I decided to run sometimes, to raise the tone. They will get their hands up, I will find a version with textures, because I with such graphics is quite meaty)))