3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
datterrible 25.03.20 12:10 am

Subsidence fps in certain places. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

greetings to all,
the fact that after a short time, namely 3 months after starting a new game+ drew attention to the fact that my usual settings (the post-processing - medium, total - average), in some places, began to drop fps from 60 to 48 - 58, the peak reduction in fps was noticeable in the tavern the junction (48 fps), 3 months ago anything similar was not close. I conducted manipulations: reinstall windows, a full wipe of the system unit, adding extra cooling to anything did not lead.

Asking for help from people guess about the problem, or directly confronted with this kind of inconvenience.

System configuration:
CPU - Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40 GHz
RAM - 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 932MHz
Graphics - 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (Gigabyte)
Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI HERO (SOCKET 1150)
17 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zh1VaGo 25.03.20

Same problem. In some places feels a strong subsidence (up to 10 FPS), before such was not(playing Locke 45фпс from NVIDIA inspector). I would venture to suggest that this is due to the fix of the vulnerability of the processors.

A
Alex Kayfoviy 25.03.20

Now it turns out 52 fps in the game is considered playable inconvenience... Thanks for the info, I'll know.

R
Raf05 25.03.20

datterrible Write the name of the drive where the game is. Patch from Spectre set?

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.03.20

datterrible
Zh1VaGo
And you load the CPU at the time of the drawdown seen?

d
datterrible 25.03.20

Raf05
checked the game on two HDD
465GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 and 465GB Seagate ST3500418AS, the result is the same.

before reinstalling Windows was updated with the penultimate version in 1709, automatic updates enabled, the patch after you installed them?

d
datterrible 25.03.20

[Denis]
cpu utilization in areas of subsidence and in areas of stable fps are the same.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.03.20

datterrible
Maybe the save game will throw in ground subsidence?

Z
Zh1VaGo 25.03.20

[Denis]
I have i3 7100. All 4 threads are always loaded 100. Had not checked, but I think it was the same, still 4 runs in any game over the last couple of years, 100 will be scored. I just have no other explanation why in the last couple of months has been happening drawdown.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.03.20

Zh1VaGo
Try to reduce the number of character in the settings.In Novigrad and in the Grove stronger CPU should boot.And here is 100%

R
Raf05 25.03.20

datterrible
The patch is very strange behavior on the percent Haswell may have released updates in the background percent of load.Try,if possible, to put a clean Windows 7 sp 1 with no updates,then clearly there is a hardware or a software problem.
P. S. no mods hope you checked?)

T
Toupeaul 25.03.20

There can be many reasons and not necessarily associated with the configuration or CPU utilization.
Well, for example: reduction of efficiency of cooling due to contamination of the radiator.

_
_Byblik_ 25.03.20

I With 30 FPS played and all the rules it :D

M
Mama Stiflera 25.03.20

If in this period changed the driver on the clip, then roll or Vice versa put the latest. I have often in the Witcher the fps change with updated drivers. When the better and the worst

M
Max_Prime 25.03.20

datterrible
See, the problem is the HDD, it is very slow with this game. I happened that was not programas part of the mini-map, and hang is the loading of textures or the transition to a new play area. The characteristics got the same comp as me, but I updated the video card with GTX 760 3 GB to 3 GB GTX 1060 and such fall left me. Actually everything depends from the HDD.

S
Sater 25.03.20

Hello, I have a core i5 8 3-450 ram geforce 660gtx, there are drawdowns up to 26 fps when headlong Begich through the city and in the baths in Novigrad, where a bunch of local bandits are close-UPS during a conversation fell to 25, settings all default is OK for this configuration with a conventional hdd?
I have metro LL below 35 fps in firefights did not fall.

M
MagicHero 25.03.20

Sater
In Novigrad, the load on the CPU is huge so it is normal. And since during the fight it fell even more to blame then just percent. I test as a new assassin where percent had downloaded 100% and if for example to start with someone bout the fps dipped dramatically since Prots and so, in full load and there is still need calculations to.

S
Sater 25.03.20

Drawdown fps while running through the settlements to 27 are not only in Novigrad, and during the fight in the baths of fps, oddly enough, is higher than where bandyuki
before the battle, talking to Geralt.