3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rolento 26.03.20 09:36 pm

Whether to swing the MAG? (Pillars of Eternity)

Shake Persian mage on hard difficulty, now stuck on the fortress Roderick TK a lot of heavy fights, even with the four very hard - stand crowd. Whether the situation will improve with a mage in the later stages of the game? Or in this game, the mage only modest support with a fairly weak spells.
14 Comments
Sort by:
V
Viktor Bykov 26.03.20

disaper
Depends on what rock, and play it carefully. One time by accident his team was slapped with an icicle.

P
Paddy Keyn 26.03.20

Magician is questionable debuffs and fairly weak AoE. The only advantage of mage is a spell of paralysis, but they are in the scrolls and Cypher, so two is better druid than a druid + mage.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 26.03.20

Here the same situation as in the first Baldur. Due to the low levelcap MAG does not have time to turn into an unstoppable machine anal punishment of enemies. It can be either very useful or fantastically useless. So the magician:
a) you Need to know how (and time) to apply.
b) Be mentally prepared for the fact that 90% of the time magician will be useless burden.
If a lot of experience, and desire zadrachivatsya with no MAG, it is easier to take the Cypher,

d
droun92 26.03.20

I felt like that should take Cypher when I first created the character. Had not read before about the game, in an RPG always choose mages, but then for some reason did not want. Have not regretted. Cypher is much better than the MAG, the more its skills can be applied without rest, the main thing is to give him two agnolucci for melee or a bow for ranged.

D
Dudraug 26.03.20

By the end of the game the magician to become imboy. I have a mage (Alot) of total damage is 3 times more than any other member of the party. Fire the bulls decide. As the fire cone and corrosive spells. Here, as in the BG mage was very weak start (more like... your cone of fire it can fight the enemies at the beginning of the cut, but there is a need to skillfully...)

v
velveta 26.03.20

MAG limit spells between the rest, IMHO, uncomfortable and gemorno. I agree with the fact that Cypher is cool and interesting. There and AoE debuffs are very good, and grimoires the magician's limit the number usaamah spells, well, it etit.

D
Dudraug 26.03.20

velveta
>MAG limit spells between the rest, IMHO, uncomfortable and gemorno.

BG was the same.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 26.03.20

Dudraug
In BG to rest was much easier. And revealed the magician in the second part.

D
Dudraug 26.03.20

And here is revealed just to be able to. A mage with cone of fire is one of the most effective murderers and ghosts on low levels. And fire the bulls (and then if you find another ring and bleed talents, their between vacations can be several thousands of darkness to pump) do decide. And the fight with the final boss basically pulled the mage and priest. The magician decides. The mage has many abilities to increase the number of spells of different levels, plus the mage has a mega ring that gives extra spells 3rd (and like the 1st) level. The magician, unlike Cypher, can cast the coolest spells in the beginning of any battle. I threw enemies with a series of 4-5 fireball.
Mages are very difficult, but again, think of the BG first. GG-MAG there was a special level of complexity. Here the magician is from the beginning very useful.

M
MLShadow 26.03.20

I have Alot of MAG the entire game running around with a crossbow, the main benefit from spells is 2 very effective debuff at LVL 4, parali and all sorts of effects type of confusion, the rest - a useless, druid is better.

L
Lucius 868 26.03.20

When pumping through the explosion, the mage is the best dps hands in the game. In addition he has a wild and debuffs pile up AoE. About alot of different. Like any story members - it sucks ass. He has 12 strength and is a fucking little mage.

M
MephistoXX 26.03.20

I do not know why many write here, that the magician so-so: in my group MAG - the most essential character, for he not only dps is 3 times higher than everyone else and one and a half times higher than the barbarian, and, unlike the barbarian, who just damages on a CD the whole crowd of enemies in the control holds. MAG is a mass paralysis, mass sleep and mass petrification (which is generally the mast HEV for the double damage for the stone passes, so I filled up the highland dragon - while milesnick just distracted him, unable to do something, the mage at first kept the whole crowd of minions with the dragon under confusion, causing the dragon he drank 90% of his Suite, and then stupidly spamming on a stone and the stone hollowed spells that over time for 150-200хп he demolished, when it 690 (it was on hard)). In addition, the mage a bunch of cool AoE damage - his cone of ice, the puddle with pure damage, an explosion which, together with the damage and paralysis imposes, ice beam, but for his 15 seconds of time the lives of 300 enemies to demolish, the massive boom of minoletti (I do not remember the name, 70-95 demolished all around the magician piercing damage minus -10 damage and no friendly fire, and instant custom).. nothing is more simple than alternate paralysis/stones/slips (which, by the way, all 3 in different circles ie each 4-5) and along the way to add AoE damage. Still Pets a sorcerer can napisyvat - tentacles, these with 4 laps each blows when you hit ~50 HP, with 3 and they take a lot of space, preventing the enemies from getting to my heroes.

In General, my opinion, MAG is one of the strongest characters in the game, if not the strongest who complain about it just don't know how to cook them. and of course need to accept the fact that not in every fight to use the entire Arsenal of spells - all of these paralysis and stones come into play only in really tough matches, in the other mage is just standing in the distance Yes pouchet that regeneration every battle, otherwise you'll have every 2 minutes in the city to go on vacation.

Well, Yes, mage, it is important to slacsite main stats, a mage where all bit - garbage. The first thing to 18-19 to raise intelligence because it is the radius of AoE spells and their duration, and secondly the power and perception because without precision we get will not, and without power not do any damage. The magician caste is not particularly needed, it is enough to leave at ten, and determination and figure boldly cut. Well items certainly even more raise the intelligence and power + every time I rest in the fortress on the forum that gives 3 intelligence, in the end I have 23 fuchuan always = +78% duration debuffs and AoE radius.

V
Vitaliku76 09.01.22

the magician is very versatile. I ran with him both as with the most powerful fighter (there is a cool build of three-four buffoffs based on the parasitic staff of Kancelot) and as a damaging and debuffing agent standing aside. Very cool, I agree with the previous opinion. To whom it seems that the magician is not worthwhile, look at build builds on YouTube

S
Sweety_Mustard 09.01.22

the mage is not worthwhile, although as a fighter, yes, not bad - but worse than just a fighter / paladin.