3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KeyStar 28.03.20 09:34 pm

Does the SWITCH on NAT?

There is a problem with the Internet connection in the big house. To deliver 1 router is not an option, as Wi-Fi at best will cover only two rooms (the walls are concrete and thick). We decided to do so: have an Internet cable in the attic, and then put the switch (the switch) and wire that were previously in the construction carried out in the walls to let the Internet, and where these wires go to put the routers (diagram attached). Since the Internet I use mainly for games, then this question arose I immediately. Will be affected by the switch to NAT?

4 Comments
Sort by:
V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 28.03.20

KeyStar
You need to set that all IP in the network switch gave 1 router (its DHCP) and the second is handing out the IP that it selects the first. What is to be in the switch comprises the Internet? The router has WAN and LAN ports, for receiving Internet the router needs to be connected to an Internet source via the first and for the distribution of IP through the second.
Honestly, I did not check ever, what will happen when you try to include a cable Internet (from the modem for example) to the switch. Although the idea providers to do.

A
AnPei 28.03.20

If you take the wire from the provider to thrust in a switch, connect a PC, set-top box and get nat 1 type and not the 2nd as through the router. Dream no one forbids it.

S
SeregaBik 28.03.20

In the router detachable antennas, it is worse. You can buy a repeater (signal amplifier)

d
demothen 28.03.20

A bit of a wrong scheme, in this scenario, and routers are difficult to configure and simultaneous work on the Internet 2, and more devices will be problematic. Is the switch you need to set it a router instead of a router to which you plan to connect a PC, ps Optivity switch you can connect the access point to wi-fi. Instead of the second and third router will do a simple access point.
approximately