3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kpevetko 30.03.20 08:52 pm

Bug dialogue with Preston Garvey for quest freedom Call (Fallout 4)

Good afternoon, here's the situation. Took the game 5-6 times all was well. Now decided to go a little differently, the fact that instead of what would help Preston, I went immediately to the Nuclei-the World (through the console put LVL 30), has passed all the main line quests, killed bosses, freed slaves (though they still remain there).
Next, I went on the main line of quests, visited Concord, helped the Minutemen, fought with the Claw of death, etc. the Next step was to talk to Preston Garvey in Sanctuary.
So I came to town, started a conversation (with Preston) and after the story about his sad fate and phrases Preston - In any case, I'm glad you're here dialog never completes and nothing else happens (the dialog just shows GG without words and choice phrases (see crinson), although good should end the Call of freedom. Such a haze can continue indefinitely, I left the computer for 20 minutes, come back - all is also. Preston just stands there and looks at you like a madman.

Tried the following:
Different combinations of dialogues.
To load from an earlier save and replay again.
To do disable\enable, resurrect Preston (as Cogsworth helped).
Tried to restart quest via console (but he only completed and not re-runs).
Tried to complete the quest via the console - the actual Preston as well and get a lead, nothing changes and take a new quest is impossible.

Can anyone have any thoughts, thanks in advance.
7 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dimon-Belos 30.03.20

kpevetko
well, if you can't reinstall the game and not chiteri

z
zombijaic 30.03.20

Prescribe in the console
CompleteQuest <001a001c>
And then it StartQuest <000229e5>

k
kpevetko 30.03.20

Dimon-Belos
Before that cheat and everything was OK)

l
lokkie 30.03.20

Write to the support team, they say, has not passed the training mission, and immediately began to play DLS, the game freezes. You'll see a patch release for the gifted.

p
powerfullyownz 30.03.20

Just recently faced with this same problem. Also started with the Cores of the World, then returned to the Commonwealth, helped Preston and CO. and back in Sanctuary, in dialogue with Preston appeared this bug. Just below I added a link to the video, I managed to solve this problem.

G
Guest 05.06.21

FIXED I know this is late but for anyone in the future encountering this bug. At the end when Preston and group reaches sanctuary Preston says "i'm glad you joined up" or when talked to later "are you ready to help out?" I don't know the exact solution but here's what I did. Mind you, mine's a modded gameplay, but vanilla users, you can try the similar steps, minus the modded bits. Load a save prior to meeting Preston in concord. I have done nuka world so MAKE SURE TO DO OPEN SEASON AND THEN CLEAR ALL RAIDER SETTLEMENTS OF THE RAIDERS, THEY DO NOT RESPAWN. Remove flags (I had a bug so mine had no flags but some other threads suggest this). Also make sure to remove turrets before starting this as they can cause glitch problems. Build a radio beacon at all settlements and have at least 1 settler. I use Tales of Commonwealth mod so some are named settlers and that's fine. Not confirmed, but it seems the key settlements are Oberland, Tenpines and Abernathy. ALSO DO ALL SETTLEMENT-related quests before meeting Preston. I activated Abernathy's quest prior to that so I completed that. Then I rescued the group and played as normal up until the point where Preston stops in front of the minuteman statue and that (for me) is the infamous glitch. Ah also to note, before reaching said point, I had some mods that enabled multiple companions (everyone's best friend and Wastelander Barb), I just dismissed said companions and kept ONE vanilla one (piper in my case). Then talk to Preston at said location. At first the same situation unfolds, give it half a minute or so. Wait for up to 2 minutes if you must, I thought I failed again until he finally broke silence and spoke about being the last minuteman. I literally went a sleepless night trying various things and FINALLY I got it to work. I was on the verge of reinstalling/restarting. Thank god my last attempt worked. This SHOULD work and if it doesn't then yeah best of luck to you, this is the best I can do and my job is done. Adios.

G
Guest 29.01.22

Delete the piece of shit game and never look back