3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IlovePS4 30.03.20 09:00 pm

How to remove update for windows 8.1 for CPU.

Because of the recent vulnerabilities found in processors from Intel, then Mikey rolled out a patch that patches the hole, but takes a 30% performance from the CPU, an upgrade to windows 8.1 need to remove, or not install that performance does not suffer?
4 Comments
Sort by:
k
kung fu master 30.03.20

IlovePS4
IlovePS4 wrote:
takes 30%
First, not 30% and up to 30%, are two different things. Secondly, the games this patch has no effect, the changes, if any, within the error, that is, that before the patch, after that, the difference you wouldn't notice. The difference is noticeable only on servers that are not used for those tasks for which home computers are used. Thirdly, it is believed that very soon, maybe even now, there will be viruses and Trojans use vulnerabilities that the patch closes. Remember the fuss about the cryptographer WannaCry? He distributed via vulnerable network Protocol SMB, which was closed for 2 months(!) before you distribute the cipher, then contracted only by those who did not update on time system.

Are you sure you want because of the meager increase in performance, and not all the tasks to put your computer at serious risk?

I
IlovePS4 30.03.20

kung fu master
Yes

S
SonyK_2 30.03.20

IlovePS4
You go to the update Center, sorted by installation date number of SQ looking for description online:
Spoiler
Unnecessary are removed. And if you are afraid that with updates to arrive some kind of mode switch Center manual mode, or turn off at all.

d
demothen 30.03.20

Windows 8.1 is KB4056898