3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Meceas 02.04.20 07:38 pm

Smoothing of edges in 3Ds Max

I need to smooth multiple connected edges.

Something like that

The top should be smooth like this:

Tyk

But the bottom — like this:

Tyk

And between them should be a smooth transition. How can I do it?
7 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mister KOT 02.04.20

you need to look at lesson for beginners on youtube Edit Poly, because until you know the basic fundamentals, does not make sense to you to explain something

M
Meceas 02.04.20

Mister KOT
I know the basics. I did in 3Ds Max model human hand. I wouldn't be able to make them without knowing the basics.
Proof

P. S. the Man without a head because I thought it would be easier to model separately. Did not send the head because I haven't even started creating it.
Though the quality of the models is far from ideal even for this purpose it is necessary to have a certain set of knowledge and skills. The novice not knowledgeable basic fundamentals, so I could not.

M
Mister KOT 02.04.20

You need it to do?

M
Meceas 02.04.20

Mister KOT
Yes

M
Mister KOT 02.04.20

M
Meceas 02.04.20

Mister KOT
Thank you, it worked. Just a question: what should be done Alt-Backspace? I have this combination does not work, done a little differently. And possible to do so with number of edges greater than 2? I just need it on a particular model to do, took the box as an example.

M
Mister KOT 02.04.20

Meceas
sorry, messed up the habit, usually at full automaticity modest, not looking at the keyboard. shift+backspace deletes the edge with points. Generally, if it comes to that, such forms are better to be done under subdivision or toorbosmooth, and then delete the extra faces. More can be applied to the surface of cylinders of different sizes, and included a reference to align Champery. There are many different ways, and each is better to use in a particular special case. I reviewed the example with Boxing as the most suitable for Boxing. I repeat, you will be useful to increase the knowledge base on polymodally, and you will be easier to model anything. Well, at toorbosmooth can learn for modeling smooth shapes. Can sleep on the Arrimus 3D channel on YouTube, there's a playlist for modelling in 3DsMax 840 videos. I, and many other professionals in game development studied in his videos.