3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wolfig 02.04.20 09:28 pm

Pikemen.How to deal with them? (Total War: Rome 2)

In multiplayer, very often began to come across players taking pique factions (Macedonia,Seleucids,Egypt, etc.) their Tactics are very simple.They make a rectangle of pikemen,and in the middle put the shooters.I just tried to take all bestolku.How to deal with them?
29 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lyuciy-Varen 02.04.20

try catapults fire projectiles. once home to mommy run)))

C
Comment 02.04.20

Wolfig
As a variant of the infantry units and elephants! Or wedge a wedge, i.e. pikemen vs pikemen

W
Wolfig 02.04.20

Thanks for the replies,I will try)

M
MaximumEnergy 02.04.20

I would advise the usual shells on the ballista, beat faster and thoroughly, at the expense of accuracy in my opinion, even better. Against cavalry the usual shells are especially good.

G
Goblin-2 02.04.20

There are no special difficulties pikemen/hoplites did not create. To get to the flank with 1-2 cavalry unit, they begin to unfold in front....and at this moment run to put the swordsmen strike them in the flank....I smash them with the losses of the attacking squad of no more than 15 %. At this point, the spearmen are drawn into the battle, and the cavalry comes into the rear/flank and attack the shooters....The moral of the enemy while instantly drops and they run almost even without suffering losses.

T
Tvorozhok 02.04.20

Goblin-2
Of pikemen made prjamougolny.Cavalry in the rear you will not come.Do you even read what people write.

A
Aleksator 02.04.20

hmmm... I would try to take a detachment of heavy cavalry or even a few and throw them on one team that they broke through to the center. then behind them, mixed in order to drive the infantry

U
Uhozhu 02.04.20

it is necessary to take the cavalry(and infantry) and flank or rear to attack

G
Goblin-2 02.04.20

Cottage cheese
I don't know why you couldn't do it, I'm such forces (arrows+ pikemen) not just destroying what I have mentioned tactics. never no problems. Swordsmen attacking into the flank of the phalanx mixed with their ranks and any copies against shock cavalry in the rear of the pikemen ye not put.

G
Goblin-2 02.04.20

In the field of battle with comparable forces guns to put considered ineffective.

T
Tvorozhok 02.04.20

Goblin-2
Of pikemen made a square.Takes 4 squad of pikemen and more.They put a square so would their spears sticking out.In the rear you'll never enter this building,because the rear is actually not.From whatever side you have your cavalry do not come,you Laden with spears.And from the middle of the square are hitting the arrows.
This formation powerless against guns.

A
Aleksator 02.04.20

HenryIV
but Ravza is not obvious that the cavalry in this case we meat?OO

G
Goblin-2 02.04.20

Cottage cheese
The arrows WITHIN a single squad of lancers ?!! It's like ?!! I have never encountered such a build. You have what is the number of unit exposed ? And on a small play.
Usually 3 rows of pikemen-arrows-lancers....and each unit of spearmen separately form Kare...and between these 5-6 Kare located throwers.
But in any case, upon impact, swordsmen Kare breaks.
In short, the maneuver and the maneuver again !

G
Goblin-2 02.04.20

Henry-4
You have the right tactics, especially considering the fact that Рим2 the power of cavalry well, it is VERY understated. History knows not one case where even a trained phalanx from the front, fought the onslaught of the heavy cavalry.
In Рим2 cavalry is only good shooters to knead, but to divert strong units forcing them to chase you across the field....and of course, the capture of prisoners after the defeat.

T
Tvorozhok 02.04.20

Goblin-2
You do not understand what is this structure.Okay,never mind.Wanted to make a screenshot,but key does not work.

G
Goblin-2 02.04.20

Well, in principle, to the appearance of stirrups in the 1st century, the onslaught of the cavalry and was really weak....so no major complaints. In Меде2 clear that mounted knights swept all garbage ))....

w
wired_ 02.04.20

Goblin-2
kick you slowpoke )
made a quick about to show you how it looks, it's not a phalanx pikemen but hoplites too ) can now understand , this is not a square and not a triangle , I do think that diamond to make it better , the square of the units there are small areas where you see the back , and it already means that if the enemy attacks at least 1 war in the back-morale around the squad )

PS , brought it easily , arrows or onagers/ballistas , and even give advice , in multiplayer they rule arrows), especially on horseback, with them any bend )

A
Aleksator 02.04.20

wired_
PPC you slowpoke and, most importantly, you haven't moved in. pikemen. PIKEMEN. THAT IS LANCERS!!! Finally realized?Not a phalanx, not a Hoplite and PIKEMEN!!!

E
Evil_Rabbit 02.04.20

Yes, their ballistae to weaken 1 of the flanks and swordsmen in there as elephants, but the enemy gunmen to fire arrows translate

D
Dima Kulish 02.04.20

As a variant fire to burn 1 of the teams atleast half then just them 2 squad and if the enemy did not think those 2 unit row throw on the swordsmen into the flank of the swordsmen will hit them in the flank and if they think that throw them the cavalry in the rear, and then he will deal what to do .