3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Termoyadernii 04.04.20 11:33 pm

Far Cry: MATTO 4 MOD - Walkthrough (Far Cry)

The review and Passage of the MATTO 4-from Liannr
Far Cry: MATTO 4 MOD under the microscope...

Membership
Hello, Hello, Hello and Hello again to all fans of Far Cry fans and its modifications. Today we will tour the vast modifications MATTO 4, so brilliant, compared to all the other "miscarriages" in this area. Here you need to stop and explain what is MATTO, and even more MATTO 4, and where everyone else is, i.e. MATTO 1, MATTO 2 and MATTO 3. I will omit a description, perhaps, only the first develop, because of her very little information and I will begin immediately with MATTO 2. At this stage, you need to know what MATTO is part of the company name of the developers (MATTO MEDIA), but the actual modification is a single-player game mode under the control of the engine CryEngine. That is, you add one of the modifications to the game (Far Cry) and begin to play. You can add all at once modification, it all depends on you, how to decide, so be it, I think it's understandable.

Delve into history
So let's start to walk. The basis of MATTO 2 was based on the idea of not ignorant of the film the Matrix (Matrix), and Jack Carver had to change into a black cloak, for, more similarity to Neo (the main character of the movie the Matrix). In the beginning, Jack gets into an infinite space with shelves, filled with all kinds of weapons available in the game. At this point, the Jack needs to be equipped with everything necessary and then follows the movement of the Jack through the teleport to the scene. Further, all, like always, just doing the job and "looking for the next point of sending data in a communication center", i.e. saved, this is a feature of the MATTO 2, all the save points not just placed in certain places, and made in the form of a phone booth, going into Jack "sends the same data". As nonstrange, but that's all the game features and end, the rest as in the ordinary first-person shooter. Just go and shoot all the enemies, occasionally watching the screen saver with a Jack in a black cloak and glasses (looks cool). If the idea in MATTO 2 is a very interesting, and the game itself is long enough, then the implementation just the same flattering words do not deserve this MOD turned out to be surprisingly awful in terms of graphics and overall performance is extremely low even in comparison with the original Far Cry levels, possible reason for this may be too great a level, probably not worth making one huge level, but divide it at least two. Okay, let's not blame this MOD, better to see a screenshot of MATTO 2 and MATTO 3 start.

MATTO 3 MOD starts very interesting - on a submarine, it's really weird that on the boat except for Jack, no one else. Well, okay, let's say, Jack had just finished training on maneuvering and came to the place alone, and then fell asleep. Night Jack wakes up to the annoying alarm clock, and then ends its existence from the impact of the Carver. Where it all begins, our task is to escape from a submarine, but until then we can look at the slides using the projector and a personal computer designed by the developers of the modification. After viewing slides and examining the structure of the island, down to business, begin to shoot the bloodthirsty mercenaries. In MATTO 3 appeared interesting weapons, a silenced pistol with optical sight, codenamed P99 (click to view images). In fact, this gun plays an important role in the game..
Also spotted another new gun,Glock 17 (click to view images), it can be considered a replacement for the standard pistol Falcon. This MOD is fundamentally different from its predecessor graphically, here have been elaborated in almost all surfaces in the game and locations were more thought out than we could see before. But as they say for quality you have to pay this fee in this case can be considered the duration of the game, it can be defined as a single level in the original Far Cry, possibly one of the longest. Despite this, the game became much more enjoyable and more fun. I want to see the MATTO MOD 3 was released in may 2005, the 27th and the development took about 6-7 months. Well, I'm all about the predecessors, but on the shortcomings of the previous versions, view a screenshot of MATTO 3 and proceed to MATTO 4

The review and Passage of the MATTO 4.

Wishing to play samosoyatelno evade the material side and only for the sake of curiosity clicked stylam to see the new weapons

It is impossible to start, not remembering what had happened with Jack in MATTO 3. The fact that at the end of the mentioned modifications Carver brutally shot in the chest and all almost thought that Jack was dead, but there it was, the Carver was wearing a flak jacket and all the bullets hit him directly, but, nevertheless, Jack needed surgery. That was the beginning of MATTO 4. And now everything on the shelves and in order, and more precisely on the missions.

AWAKE (Awakening)
Carver in the operating room and the doctors are fighting for his life, but suddenly the pulse is interrupted and Jack lose all the operating and leave after some time: lo Jack for some strange reason, suddenly woke up, then everything falls on the shoulders of the player and it starts. Because the patient on the operating table, he partially without clothing, i.e. a goal, it's time to search for clothes. We need to proceed to the next room and dressed while we all do it, we are faced with a terrible picture, the feeling that someone fooled around with explosives. Jack is dressed, but he has no weapons, we go in search, finding all the necessary card and open all the necessary doors, we find ourselves in some sewage channels and stumble on some guy, poking around with a disc. Jack grabbed the first thing that came to hand (rolling pin) and almost missed it (that you see in the Intro). It was Boris and he had the same purpose as Carver. From this point on are in the team, Boris helps you work with encrypted doors and generally perform different things for us, do not forget to help in the destruction of the mercenaries. A little running and shooting, Jack remains alone with his weapon When Jack goes down on one of the elevators, he must killing three mercenaries to proceed to the ventilation shaft, where it awaits a surprise, which is better to learn playing. We went around the surprise party (or imminent death) and move on, continuing to clear a path, find the card from the door (is in the drawer under lock and key) and get into the research room, where we were waiting for the ambush. In the beginning you need to get rid of doctors with a deadly weapon (gun), to the main computer and Boris tells us on speakerphone access code. While Jack is busy entering all the necessary data, the upper tiers of the room quickly filled with mercenaries who we have to kill. Then with more top-tiers, breaking Windows down and the SWAT team. I can tell you that to survive is not so easy, need to be constantly on the alert, they are there and here. Having dealt with all on the speakerphone reported the hatch to open, jump into it and all, the level is passed. It should be noted, the entire level is modeled well-enough and in all locations there is a balance of forces, so that even a novice you can set the difficulty level "hard", but in some places have much work to do. In the course of events met funny moments, sometimes scary or frightening. I noticed that the level in the beginning to create the operating, the developers used the resources of the technical video of The Project, developed by Crytek. Good application, and the main topic.

CANAL (Channel)
In this mission you will meet new weapons - M3 Pumpgun (shotgun)(click to view images). Begins with the fall of the protagonist into the water, climb ashore and begin to move through the channels and all would be nothing if not dark. It would seem, turn on the flashlight and forward, but the enemy also stands out, and it does not include lantern, zasvechivaya our eyes. Levies these monsters, continue and after some time find ourselves in a control center, kill all and here before us is the task to find the key to the door. Looking for the key (don't forget to look at all the boxes, they have a lot of valuable), he is in the room, which is easily visible from the main room, but to get to it, though simple, but you will have to walk the room with the mercenaries, and strive to leave you a share of the lead. Open the door and back into the channels, where we again Shine the eyes. Go through all and get into the branching channels, will now have to sweat mercenaries here a lot and they shoot well. It's time to use improvised – a cylinder with gas, it can help greatly in destroying enemies, but most importantly, these cylinders do not send in yourself! Again as always we destroy all and go to the end of the fork, after taking the center two explosives, they'll come in handy later. Come to the bars at the end of the tunnel, and behind it our friend Boris, helping him to get out of there, then blow up the wall, but don't go in the hole, and pass into the adjacent door. Next, go through a few meters on the channels we get another collector where again all destroyed and as we are now again in company with Boris, he needs help, in General there will have to run, after which together with Boris out of the cave, where it is necessary once again to clean up, and most importantly to find a card to open the gate. As soon as this is done, sit in
vehicle )(click to view image) and here begins the most exciting part of this level. Boris behind the wheel, and you in the passenger seat, during the whole of the way Boris leads you with continuous conversation, Jack also not silent, but he didn't say much, and meanwhile, Boris talks about all the virtues of the maiden Ashley (Ashely), which will meet later. Honestly, the way is long enough and of course you will have to destroy two jeeps with mercenaries and a few others, some Boris will shoot. On arrival we kill a few people and follow up to the Elevator, Boris wished us luck and the level ends.

CAMP (Camp)
Up to this level, all events were held in enclosed spaces, but here we are acquainted with the river valley and to try out a pair of binoculars and a new weapon in action. In the beginning nothing special, just pushes the boat into the water and just follow the river until the pontoons that interrupt the path. Here we will meet with the aforementioned girl Ashley. A short dialogue and on the road again. Don't forget to get a new weapon, because you should battle at long distances, so grab a Steyr Aug)(click to view the image)– machine with optics and now just in the way. How strange, but again, you need to kill everyone. As always performed their task, and move forward, by the way, here the developers decided to amuse us, some of the mercenaries running around in disguise, merge with nature, looks good. In General, cleaning a little area, we will have a short dialogue with a friend, and then you must clear the launching platform. Here we have two ways of penetration, possible straight, but you can through a secret path, i.e., complete freedom of action. Cleaning pad, called his girlfriend and to take off, we will fly over the jungle in a helicopter. But the flight and the destination point, where we have about a dozen friends who need the help of Superman, ie us. After dropping off Jack, Ashley removed by helicopter, and we talk to the main unit, then grab a new weapon - Dual MP7 (click to view the image)
a La XENUS. Now we have a hard battle. In succession to this place will arrive a few cargo helicopter with the mercenaries, which we have to destroy. Keep the point moving on, and then new level.

TEMPLE
In this level there is nothing special, except for slowdowns in certain places, through which Jack can easily deal with enemies. Looks very impressive, but too bad that it's strictly impossible to use this effect as for example in the same F. E. A. R. Yet there is a funny moment during the cutscene during the level, you go to the catacombs and suddenly collapses under you floor, then everything happens in the Intro: Jack practically falls on the heads of the two mercenaries, then doing incredible things Jack deals with one of the mercenaries, after which the second is undertaking a desperate step in an attempt to kill Jack, but, of course, he fails and he dies the same death as partner After passing through the catacombs, you go down to the river and hop on a boat and set out again on the river. Arriving to the next place you go ashore and cleaned area, after which the level ends. Honestly, there are a few interesting things, except that it Jack learns that Ashley, something happened, otherwise just go to a certain point and destroy along the way.

CRASH (Accident)
Here's what it is, Ashley has an accident and we have to save her. Salvation is rather primitive, we clean the area and fit to our friend perform with her a short conversation, after which the Islands are approaching three helicopters, one military, the other two trucks. What's worse of these two evils to you, but will have to deal with all, I recommend to use all kinds of grenades by this point Jack has dazzling and smoke.
In General, there is too much bother not to have, but a good skill of shooting will it take for the hurt team evil. After a fierce fire, Jack decided to go and lay down under a palm tree or just to relieve themselves. In General, there is something he needed, and he grabbed a coconut on the head, then quickly lost consciousness. Unconscious, he dreamed of Ashley, naked and bathed it in the waterfall, just as Valerie Constantine in the original Far Cry. On awakening, Jack was already waiting for a new job, too, everything is simple, go to target, clean the area and pass on, after entering the ventilation shaft leaving Ashley Carver. Then Jack will disable the Generator by switching of four switches, all he needs to do alone. And, in General, that's all. Go ahead.

ENTRANCE (Entrance)
This level differs from previous ones because it takes place under the cover of night, and modeled it, I will tell you very good, personally I liked it. At the end of the previous level Jack had a great opportunity to choose all the essential weapons, so here you can go directly to the fight, without looking into all the rooms. Out on the street, your eyes gaze at that which you could not observe in any of the original Far Cry, it's raining. Made very well and the collision of drops with the surface, you can observe the spray, in General, no words, rain is done perfectly, even the flash of lightning there and thunder. Seen enough rain, it would be time already and to do business, go to put mercenaries on the wet ground. To put we have two dozen mercenaries, so you should be careful. This level is generally tricky, you will have to think and look for loopholes, otherwise nothing will happen. In my opinion, it was easier to make or poponyatnee. And then the doors a lot, only open one, and the whole point is to find a normal door, i.e., what appears, even with these containers it is necessary to Tinker. In General, level I beauty of liked it, but the interest is minimal. Then it is better to go straight to the conclusion, or rather is to the last level, and the conclusion will be too late.

(Revenge)
As the name suggests, it is possible to tell, what is the essence of the mission, revenge. But before vengeance is not an easy task, to kill all enemies, of which a great many (as befits the ending). After the destruction of the first part of mercenaries into your hands gets an unusual weapon codenamed X850 (click to view the image) , something like a plasma torch, which breaks down the victim. This weapon also has an alternative form of shooting, throwing a grenade with a very powerful charge, very convenient to throw this in the room, and then, if necessary, to go into it after some time to collect ammunition. Generally speaking, this mission is reminiscent of how the atmosphere and the sense of mission the original Far Cry – the Factory (Factory), although in the original we this mission took place partly with my partner. Also I noticed some of the rooms is very similar to the mission of the Incubator (Cooler), but of course there is nothing wrong, just shows that the developers focused on the original levels. Frankly, I, and many others usually do not like stupid to shoot hundreds of enemies, and this last level is exactly what happens. Our task is to find the explosives, then move it to sector D on a small and agile machine at the same time, all this must be done after the meeting with the main enemy in the game, which at the very end and does have to kill. The ending is another story, when will you get there, all seemingly over, flies a helicopter, on Board of which our friends Boris and Ashley, but there it was, behind us there are four aggressive mercenary and our helicopter flies quickly from the place, so it is not knocked down. And as the saying goes continue to fight or have to save their own, which is called the skin. Killing those four idiots, we are facing a new task to block all the ways out of enemy groups. Each path has its own peculiarity, which is better to learn only to play, but it would not be interesting. After completion of this job go to the marked point on the radar and "to us" runs the sworn enemy, the brains behind this company, our goal is just to kill him and that actually ends the game.

Conclusion
What we got, and we have received a worthy continuation to the modification MATTO 3 and just a great modification for the game Far Cry, which is slightly resurrect a long-forgotten toy, which very soon turns three years (March 23). Despite such a long time, the picture in the game looks still very decent and modification MATTO 4 confirms it. I want to see all the missions and levels of architecture in this modification, performed at a high level and may well be in the same class with the original levels. When I walked MATTO 4, I was delighted with the NPC behavior, their intelligence is simply amazing, they do the things that were not available anywhere yet, and this despite the fact that AI had not changed since 2004! Of course, the General behavior of the AI can not be called perfect, sometimes they behave not absolutely adequately, but in battle they are awesome.
I missed a very important prophetic, sound and music, the fact that throughout the seven levels you are accompanied by dynamic music, in the same way as in the normal Far Cry, in some missions you just put in a stressful situation, but in others it sounds excellent dynamic music match setting. Also some scenes simply plays some melody, such as in the beginning, when Jack liked to kill Boris.
Separate words deserve screensavers that occur in the course of the game, it should be noted a lot of them, and done almost everything perfectly.
To develop the seven levels of the developers have gone one year, seven months and four days, or 583 of the day. Yes, let's stop all negligent enthusiasts from the development of the modification, let them become clear, to develop good modifications need a lot of time! Just I and many others have seen so many defects or even we can say blanks, but not modifications, and some of these careless developers have managed to sell their work in local markets, having the curve for its work the money at all in any frame does not climb!
I suggest you watch a few of skyshadow from MATTO 4 and make sure that this modification deserves attention and it's worth playing!
Liannr
23 Comments
Sort by:
T
TonnyEm 04.04.20

You Cho nothing to do?

M
Maickle Fort 04.04.20

this idiot, instead write your own detailed passage, picked up and copied someone else, and stupid, there where there is nothing need for those who have problems with passing!I wrote a really detailed walkthrough, where the first level was painted by a page with font 10, without any descriptions of the weather, and new efektov. I would have posted it on the Internet, but I then nebylo.(4 Matho downloaded from a friend). But then I reinstalled Windows.So, I am the shield that this topic should be CLOSED

d
djwlotus 04.04.20

I have the game throw an error when you load the save -( CRITICAL ERROR:COOKIE ERROR 8!=3d AT 905, CXGame::LoadFromStream,.\GameLoading. cpp )
Is it possible to fix this error?

M
Maickle Fort 04.04.20

patched to 1.4 version??

-
--Endryu-- 04.04.20

djwlotus
Actually there is a separate topic for technical issues.

H
Helena No4ka 04.04.20

Cool necroposting :D

G
Gauguin 04.04.20

a _ misha99
Can't you see that the topic is dead, sadly
Helena No4ka
Hello, beautiful!

H
Helena No4ka 04.04.20

Vince Desiderio
Do not flood :)

s
stan4664 04.04.20

Hi all.
Pass Matto 4, the mission Crash. After one saves, one has me a little amused:

Ashley and Jack are on a physical pause.
War is war, and about the production the gym should not be forgotten.
Importantly, when further developments, they continued to move without moving the feet and without changing his position. After restarting the game the bug was gone.
And here's another immured in the wall, but it's on the previous mission.

G
GDFrost1.4 04.04.20

stan4664
You Matto 4 is in the Mods folder of the original Far Cry?

G
Grandshot 04.04.20

This glitch often happens if the mod installed on the game version below 1.32.

s
stan4664 04.04.20

Tragen
Honestly, I never tried to cheat high video settings and the sound is also, always put the averaged modes, although I'll try to put on Your Board. The question is, is it to the computer.

s
stan4664 04.04.20

GDFrost1.4
No, I Matto was extracted to the root folder of Far Cry, but not in Mods.

s
stan4664 04.04.20

Grandshot
I have version 1.4 igry.

s
stan4664 04.04.20

Tragen
Thanks for the screenshot. How should I do to fix the situation? I see two options: drag the desired folders and files in the right places is a tedious and long process, and I'm not sure that will be able to determine the exact identity of the file to the game and the mod. Second, in my opinion, it is easier and safer to completely remove the game and all the modifications and then reinstall it correctly. What would you recommend?

s
stan4664 04.04.20

Tragen
With this case I failed. Long and very careful fiddling, but probably somewhere made a fatal error when moving files. On the ending of the game does not start at all, that I was very disappointed and I one fell swoop pulled down and Far Cray and Mato. I'm sorry time members of the forum and his, too, but what happened happened. Now downloading all the necessary materials and will set in the new Far Cry, and then Matto.
With respect.

s
stan4664 04.04.20

Tragen
Thank you, You cheered me up. After I fiddled with the files and folders you started, but the game does not start. Regarding the basket, it is probably the first case when I had to regret about the check mark to delete, without placing in a basket. What is itching but today to do the installation is not time - night duty.

G
GDFrost1.4 04.04.20

In General, I leave the link http://vk.com/farcry_group This is a closed group apply. What is this group you ask? A group dedicated to Far Cry, but about his global mod called Far Cry: Return. Those who registered on the site Vkontakte, unable to start. So, I think Far Cry: Platinum also has a rival (in a good way).

J
JetRanger 04.04.20

Not managed to join the group, I have made the black list, and some Nimrod has left a strange message in my address... What the hell was that? ))

G
GDFrost1.4 04.04.20

Then the page you have a fake - that's what they thought. It seems that you can write them a message so they unban you.