3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
ramzesIII 06.04.20 07:31 pm

Discussion and clarification of the plot (Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)

Passed the game, but the plot for me was incredibly vague and incomprehensible. Still have questions. Is it true that all the game takes place in her head? And if not, then how did she end up in the lower world? Herself if she killed Dillion infected people with the plague? What happened in the end? Who is the female voice in my left ear (the whisperers-the narrator)? What's the story with the dad who burned the nurse? I would like to find the answers to all this.
16 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wise Owl 06.04.20

ramzesIII
Most likely all is really going on in her mind. She's not cursed, says her father and others, she's just another mentally healthy. May have to shut down and wander, and in the story we were told that Dillion could Wake her and return to the real world. Saw somewhere that her village was raided Vikings and they sacrificed Dillion of their gods (see him crucified). Senoi and so sick, could not bear this trauma and kept to himself. Apparently from here begins her journey. The darkness that constantly haunts her is apparently her father, his beliefs about the curse, his accusations, etc. and at the same time the mount of the Seine. And as we know the mother loved her, taught to look over the edge, he instructed, contrary to the father. Most likely he also accused her and the whole village burned her at the stake. Well, the battle with Heloi supposed to be clear. She is killing a part of yourself that is grieving and is unable to forget/forgive her lover's death. She no longer has debt and she needs to accept death and let go of Dillon.

a
akasapsan 06.04.20

Wise Owl
But wouldn't you say that she just really wandered from him and waved a stick imagining enemies?After all, it is someone Kotz still.And uncle Druid what her story told.
Maybe it was for real,she went there from where no one returns,chopped into mincemeat local gods (although it is not clear how Ragnarok is now without them).Father neponyatka like he was obsessed with darkness,because we have the idea all the time tried to stop,to turn back,to believe that it is all unreal and so and even in the end crushed,but Selwa just ugarnul at the end all over again and work out like I want it bitch and all.In the game a lot of reasoning and philosophy.Even at the end.So the sword protivobozheskoe was so Hel really can kill.Just as Dillon said, you just need to accept death and look her in the eyes and so on and so on. and voila they change places.So the Dillon was,he on the edge slowed down and forward directed,just that he died and at this point,there is no turning back,she just accepted and went on all Kotz.
The game is still fresh,then we are completely clear on the wiki to appear section of the Plot.

d
dimonster 06.04.20

As for me, she ends up defeating his main fears came to terms with the death of a loved one in death who constantly blamed herself and so tried to fix it. Realizing this in the end and what return it can not, it is just let go and ceased to live with the memories as advised it is constantly one of the voices.

Speaking of votes is the same, her fears, emotions and memories. Often we, healthy people start to argue or justify yourself by yourself, and only a mentally unhealthy girl this all resulted in a separate personality. Someone scolds her, as she scolded herself when something doesn't work out, someone encouraging, someone focuses on the enemies attacking from behind and stuff.

What about the Drut, the main storyteller of Norse mythology - that to me is probably old campfire stories when Senua was little and Drut told tales of the North (mythology of the Vikings). As Senua Celtic girl, and it would know nothing about it should, but as her love was killed by the Vikings in their brutal customs with cutting edges like wings (blood eagle), Senoi decided that the soul of her lover took the gods of the Northmen and went in their realm of the dead (and not in beltsthe, if it ever was). And while traveling, a collision with the very first secret with Viking signs awakened in her memories of those stories about Drut Norse gods and customs which is inflammation of the brain immediately turned to the next voice. Hello old friend...

About where and what the reality of the game's hard to say:

Maybe it's just agony.

Maybe she finally rally from the coils and losing touch with reality, and destroying everything around, passing burning villages with civilians representing what is being tested on the road with Surt and the like.

And maybe, as I said, just lying on a bed in Zalupinka mental hospital shot up chlorpromazine and haloperidol. But as the voice of the Drut is constantly repeated in the game, that the main battle win in mind, not a sword or something, the latest version is not devoid of sense :)

H
Hirok 06.04.20

Well, and I shall explain.
Walk to the end, plus seeing alternate ending on utubia came to this opinion.
Senoia and all her tribe believed in the gods in Norse that the Vikings. The mother of the Seine - the Galena, was a gift that would now be called some kind of psychic, to see things that others do not see, like for example places infected with the plague.
But the father of the Seine, for some one known to him the reasons, he believed that the voices from the lower world, listening to who - heresy and generally bad and leads to darkness. Galen, she said, was a priestess, which again, oddly enough, if she helped the voices in my head. I mean, how could she be a servant of the gods, when you hear, in their faith, voices from the lower world...is Unclear.
The father has turned the people against his wife, that burned and Senoi he decided to cure. Placed in a pit and strongly exacerbated her psychological state.
When she's not sitting in the pit, did not go to fetch firewood and other household chores, she watched the warrior, who was trained at the tree. By his movements she mastered the sword. They met and began to train together.
One day she told my father that he was leaving the village with Diliana, because he has awakened in her feelings she had never experienced and generally behaved with her like normal and not locked in the pits and in General was a gallant young man.
To leave, she left, except that mental trauma remained. And the voice has not disappeared. Without a mother she could not cope with them, and periodically began to wander in the depths of the mind while the body repeating its motion (a kind of sleepwalking). Dilion helped her to get out of this state. Of course, this is all her oppressors.
One day, she and the people of his clan went mushrooms, and came across a place that was the source of a plague, which they brought to the village. When they came upon this place Senoia them gently hinted, saying that, shedding is necessary, but stupid did, and then, when they started to die all the stones flew at her. The hardest was the fact that his father died Diliana. In order, therefore, to protect everyone from the darkness (remember the crazy. injury from the actions of the father), she goes into the wilderness, where he meets the Drut, who fled from the Vikings. He told her stories about them, their faith, gods and other things.
In the wild lands she struggles with darkness which has acquired the shape of the gods from the stories of the old man(phrase of the Seine that she killed Walraven in the wildlands when he kills him, to open the gates to Hel).
Thinking that now all the rules, she returns to the village, where at that time managed to visit the Vikings and bring the leader(and after the death of his father, Dilion was supposed to be the leader) to sacrifice Hel.
Then Senua losing his mind completely, and taking with him the head of the beloved, go where the stories of the old man is the world of the dead according to the Vikings. After all, the soul of her beloved there, in the thrall of Hella.

And then begins the gameplay. Rather, the cut-scene where Senua floats on a log(sic!) in order to liberate the soul Diliana.
In my opinion, all she sees is an illusion, that is, corpses, monsters, portals, and everything else is a figment of her imagination, obsessed with stories of old and her mental disorder.
As an option, buildings, villages and other places visited, or whence came the Vikings, then there was the structure of their faith, that is, the place where she came - really, some of the buildings like a ship on a rock where we end up, villages, etc.
Actually, monsters is more a system of preservation of reason, which should not allow to go completely crazy person, and return it to a moderately stable state. What eventually happens.

A couple of words about the developers and the PR Department.
Why the heck was the name of to take out the spoiler (the victim of the Seine - here you can translate differently) - I don't understand.

B
BarbossaG1982 06.04.20

I also think all this action was not in HELHEIM, and the head of Senua. Senoi obvious problems with mentality, and this is not surprising considering what she went through: (more spoilers) her father burned her mother and convinced Senoi that the mother herself killed, all believed Senua some cursed and the only the light was Dillion, who also died - in General, not the best memories. And all the tests that it runs: the God of fire(burned her mother) - she thus overcomes his fear of fire; the God of illusions(father persuaded her mother killed herself) - thus, Senua destroys the illusion in his head. Then when she went to HELHEIM, the first thing she loses the sword and begins to pass more mental tests, to collect the sword (to regain strength). Anyway even all the puzzles make sense in this game, I was a bit bothered that we go through levels of finding runes in any items or collecting bridges in some odd way, but then I realized that she's doing it with your mind, it opens doors and builds bridges in your mind, restoring it. And coming to the end, in fact it just before the final scene finds out that her mother burned her father, thus unlocking those memories in his mind, but the fact that it has plunged into this madness was the death of Dillion, the only way
to overcome her mental problems make the death of Dillon and all that happened to her, because in the end we are not winning the Keeper of her personal HELHEIM, Senua dying, but actually die of old Senoa, the timid weak Senoi, which did not want to let her to the last door, which is lived by all these nightmares. In the final clip we see a faceless guardian HELHEIM into Senoi, because it's always been Senua, she to herself has created this hell. Also in the final cutscene Dillion tells her that life without loss - life without love, patumwan in the end accepts his death, holding his head. Thus, Senua finds peace of mind, but it's crazy that she went through will forever be with her, reflected in the votes that it did in the final scene. That somehow you can interpret what happened in this game)

b
bazyl2011 06.04.20

And the voice of the narrator is the voice in her head? ( it is like that with us and with Sanua says. ) And then we also, it turns out that one of the voices in her head? :D
And in the end the narrator says that then she can not go, and sends us Senua to be an eyewitness to its history, and indeed Senoi us the commandment to come... it means she got rid of one of the voices in my head??? Or just an artistic technique like this? What do you think?=)
Can future left?=)

a
akasapsan 06.04.20

Um... the original turned out a little different translation,localization, again, much mangled and corresponds changed a concept and the meaning of the conversation.
I guess I don't need to reinvent the wheel,all was as there is as knew Senoi.The rest of the evil well of gambling from the Darkness (after the battle with the dog that it comes to seem like and was hoarse voice of Darkness and after he said sorry for everything but it is saying to test more to believe in himself, and not every ravings,the old man also hangs up her noodles,but before Hel it still for a moment zadumyvatsya that all a lie,but still rejects it.
That's why I think everything was as it was.Many just the ending is confused and doubts about the theory.Can Hel thus helped,made it clear that Dillon did not return and freed from rot.She is the Goddess of death-what it is?Well, changed souls,and bodies.Moved it far away to the way back again in nothing heap.Well gave her the opportunity to say goodbye,her to take his hand and go on with your life.Lay go and 5 minutes to Paphos and went home,knows the way.There in the end Dillion said that death is like a friend,nefig to fear and avoid.Women's solidarity also.
Someone said that she is still supposedly dead because the bridge current, the dead go,and if live will step it starts ringing or shaking there.But we like it especially were not,we were immediately off the bridge and got rid of the hostess.
Senua it as our psychics,the current it could really feel what others do not see,and in those days for such a right to the fire sent.

H
Hirok 06.04.20

akasapsan
The witness said after the battle with Curtom that Senua three times already died and will die again. Also a spoiler.

a
akasapsan 06.04.20

Hirok
I thought it was metaphors,well, they say the death of a loved one this time, and so on.
If it's just all in her head,who Kotz,bill,where did she get the sword,learned something new, and so on.Yes, and in commercials 4 years ago and like was no hint at psychosis,there really is darkness directly to her place and this bent tower was somewhere near the river.

A
Aips95 06.04.20

All the way in the game - a struggle gg with inner fears and misconceptions.
Which is a pity. Until recently I had hoped that behind the veil of madness our went went to crack skulls Vikings.

H
Hirok 06.04.20

akasapsan
That is, metaphor.
Even the death of the PC at the hands of the Hela is a departure from Dilion and nothing more. Actually, this is the meaning of her journey. Only she doesn't know about it.
Darkness, by the way, Hel has nothing to do, funny thing)
Like she's fighting with her, but this is nothing more than self-hypnosis, which was introduced by the father of Senua after the death of her mother at the stake.
Kotz her warriors Hela, northerners. Everything to do with the enemies and mythology - the stories Agreed that she, being impressionable, took as a way to save Diliana, he says, though he died, but she can revive because he sacrificed Hel, and if so, then Hel and is able to revive it.

S
SkyraX 06.04.20

there is a roller with the Russian sabami alternative ending when you have collected all of the altars and the mirror I watched the guy?

F
FallenGhost 06.04.20

SkyraX
Threw in a PM

M
Maxura 06.04.20

Of course in my head all it is. The developers right before the game, write that depicts the psychosis and shows a mental disorder.

S
ShaQ 06.04.20

Here you go, an alternative ending in Russian, FallenGhost thanks for the link.

D
DobryyNaker 06.04.20