3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gafon2 03.10.19 03:36 am

Own music in the game (Saints Row: The Third)

People, whether in the game to listen to your music?
17 Comments
Sort by:
M
Michael S. 03.10.19

Only damn it all to iportno would understand who chtoli

In my quest to add music to radio stations instead of merely replacing them, I've ran into a problem I can't figure out. Each sound file is stored in a .bnk_pc file, combined with a reference in the table audio_syncs.xtbl. The .bnk_pc files have a header that lists the audio bank ID, and each entry in the databank includes a piece of binary data I can't decode. I was thinking that this was the mysterious scattered about all the audio tables, but it's not. I've performed several full scans resource for any references to that binary data and it is only referenced in the bank file and the bank header in soundboot.vpp_pc. This poses a problem: Without knowing how the audio data in the tables is referenced to the audio banks, I can't format the audio bank files for custom music. The audio bank files themselves are referenced by their in-file ID's in audio_banks.xtbl, but the the ID's for the individual audio files themselves are never referenced anywhere else in the game's resources. The IDs in the tables all share references across files, but I can't find the meaning of these IDs.

tl;dr: cannot find the files what 's in tables reference. Data in audio banks looked promising, but looks completely unrelated. Need to find something somewhere that links the two. I have some documentation on the .bnk_pc file in my packer code: https://github.com/ToadKing/bnk_pc_extractor/blob/master/bnk_pc_packer.c (.mbnk_pc is just a copy of the header of .bnk_pc)

this imported resource

g
gafon2 03.10.19

it says here that he tune can not give

M
Michael S. 03.10.19

Here is the continuation

I fixed up the code from my radio file extractor and added support to extracting DMAV metadata included with voiced soundclips. So far I've only actually tested this with the radio stations and a couple voice acting sound banks, but it should work with all other files in theory. Also have fun decoding the DMAV metadata, which contains subtitles among other things.

HOW TO USE:
* Easy way: Drag and drop the *_media.bnk_pc files over bnk_pc_extractor, and it will extract all the sound files to the folder the *_media.bnk_pc file is in. (You might want to copy it to its own folder before dragging and dropping it.)
* Hard way/repacking files: Run the programs in the command line and follow the instructions it gives for the two files.

HOW TO MAKE THE .WAV FILES USABLE:
* Download and run them through ww2ogg. http://hcs64.com/vgm_ripping.html Make sure to pick up revorb from there too. Drag and drop the .wav over ww2ogg, and the .ogg it makes over revorb.

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN .WAV FILES FOR PACKAGING:
* Follow steps 5-12 in my Custom Radio Stations Guide. https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2 Note that it's possible that other types of sounds, use other settings than those in the guide, but I'm pretty sure they all at least use Vorbis.

CHANGELOG
* Made filelist appear in the metadata log, now you don't have to fuss with superlong command line arguments. Also fixes audiobank files with many files breaking in the Windows command prompt.

* Fixed bug with extracting files if the DMAV section was larger than the audio file

* Added support for extracting DMAV sections of voice audio banks
* bnk_pc_extractor now uses a default log file location if none is supplied

* Initial release

all really only as you edit the scripts and replace the textures to understand Nada, experience in this stuff only branded, our none of the modes are not engaged in the campaign(
I'm tired of fucking everything at random to do, and to consult those same imported problematic: either don't make contact at all, or no feedback

g
gafon2 03.10.19

Thank you. I realized that while this issue is not resolved. Will wait

M
MORSOV 03.10.19

Yes, this issue is not resolved even with the second part. But do we really nothing more to be Americans, they are faster and smarter we will be. We will wait...

M
Michael S. 03.10.19

What you do not understand it) I mean, who really wants to get it - full speed ahead, resources for the extraction, conversion, all that is, here only there is no ready-made recipe, need to try!

l
laTeralus 03.10.19

so no one has found the recipe?

D
DIMASSSS 03.10.19

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/custom-radio-stations-guide.2/ manual englisch

l
laTeralus 03.10.19

hmm so much crap, apparently it did not initially have the opportunity to throw off their music.

K
Karnefis 03.10.19

Tell me someone just didn't want to create a theme, how to fix a bug with the radio when after each song you have to switch the station?
The song was lost - it was radio silence until you rewind.WTF?

D
DIMASSSS 03.10.19

laTeralus
It's not hard, you just too lazy, for me it's sunflower seeds !

D
DIMASSSS 03.10.19

ANNOUNCEMENT:
pix.PlayGround.ru

OK lazy will do the tutorial on changing the music in SR:TT .

M
MEHANIC - PREMIUM EDITION 03.10.19

Hi guys I could do but to the point 15.Can not continue rastopitsya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Andrey Urvancev 03.10.19

DIMАSSSS
4 years have passed. How's it going? Let's link.

N
NameWobbufettloce 03.10.19

almost 7 years how things are going?

A
Arsi 03.10.19

I wonder whether it makes sense to wait on?

D
Drysban 03.10.19

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737986636