3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LakerSC 08.04.20 05:25 pm

Drawdown on a line 12v

GPU-Z shows the drawdown of up to 11.00 in the games, no load - 11.88. The computer began to hang tightly randomly and only with no load (in browser for example), in games I do not. r9 390, fx-8320 stock, Aerocool Strike-x 600. New unit ordered but he will come soon. Threat of such drawdowns for iron? Could it be the reason for lockups weak PSU? Should I refrain from games to unit replacement? Or maybe quite a while to forget about the computer?
PS Please refrain from suggestions such as 25 tysch on vidyuhi found, and the unit is not I know that was stupid -_-
15 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 08.04.20

LakerSC
Drawdown at 1 volt, that's very strong drawdown. I would not risk to turn on your PC with such unstable power. The first to suffer picolinic CPU and graphics card, the transformation ratio will fall accordingly on the high side than is the 12V line will increase the amperage (the more phases in patalenica video card and CPU the greater the increase in current) that will give additional current load on all power elements of the power supply and the entire system unit as a whole. As for iron - you never know what harm may cause unstable power supply. If there is harm, then I think the hardest will suffer the RAM, but because of unstable operation and bugs RAM will suffer, and Windows.
Better to wait when will come a new PSU, I hope it will be of good quality.

B
Beirut 08.04.20

I would have bought nonam b.from. BP would vidyahu and powered separately, there order will come, the price of 300-500r

B
Belomorkanal 08.04.20

Beirut
It is inconvenient and unsafe.

B
Beirut 08.04.20

and what is the danger? not to be left unattended and all here))) MB there is a problem with the capacitors on the mother and in the block, I honestly do not understand if he is now the unit on 600w it on any should suffice

B
Belomorkanal 08.04.20

Beirut
Just had a defective PSU itself, if I understand correctly.

D
DarkCraz 08.04.20

Beirut
Because now all PC power supplies pulse power vidyahu, or any other module from another PC PSU, IMHO a very bad idea.... (see Ohm's law for a constant circuit, Kirchhoff's laws first and second mean that the source of the EMF in this case is not only the same mean delay of the supply voltages in time.) At least will be a school of data transmission on the PCI-Ex to the North from some specific at that, the phase of the moon.

L
LakerSC 08.04.20

Thanks for the replies. Pass until on the laptop. Ordered rm750x. Hope the hang-up is in the power supply or problem with the software. By the way, after the next hangup, the reset button on the system unit does not help, the monitor writes that the signal is not found, helps only a full shutdown.

G
GG4 08.04.20

LakerSC
And with that, he even began to hang out with, what you replaced in the system unit?

L
LakerSC 08.04.20

GG4
The first freeze happened 3 days ago, while checking the system for viruses and disk Defragmenter. The next day, had 3 freezes every 5 minutes of computer work. Changed the video card with 660 to 390, but that was a month ago. Replaced the native fan (very noisy) Zalman CNPS10X Performa on Deepcol 120 uf, but hardly the reason.

L
LakerSC 08.04.20

Forgot, the CPU frequency was 3.8 ghz with a voltage of 1.4. Reduced the multiplier in the BIOS to 3.5 ghz and manually set the voltage of 1.32, before it was auto voltage regulation. Could it be that? Energosberegenie percent is also turned off, with them, the power supply emitted a high-frequency squeak which was very annoying (sistemnik is nearby), but that was long ago.

B
Belomorkanal 08.04.20

LakerSC
It is better to see the real voltage and not the fact that the show bend sensor. This can be done with a simple multimeter, nothing complicated. Of course there is a constant voltage and it is necessary to measure in the respective mode.
And Yes, the unresponsiveness may be because of the questionable manipulation of the CPU. Try to reset all settings concerning the CPU and RAM. Can be BP and no need to change till he came need to understand that the money wasted not spend, Strike-x 600W in good condition should easily pull such a system even with overclocking.

L
LakerSC 08.04.20

Belomorkanal
Just noticed that AIDA64 shows 11.99-12.304 at 12v, yet someone is lying. The new block buy not only a quality replacement, but also to reduce noise, strike noise is very load. CPU all reset, will see how it will work. Thanks again for the help.

L
Len4ik00N 08.04.20

LakerSC
still, someone is lying - From personal experience using both programs, I can say that with a probability of 99% lies to GPU-Z.

I
Igor Kit 08.04.20

Yes, just this power supply in addition to appearance is not good. There was at me such, also in gpu-z was showing drawdown at 12V to 11V and was squeaking even in idle, replaced it with Aurum cm series gold 550m and all problems disappeared, though a new unit on 550V but 12V is less than 11.5 at not pokazyvaet.

a
alexpomaskin 06.03.21

I showed drawdowns on the 12V line in Aida, no load 11.968 V at 11.707 V load, bought a multimeter, measured 12.09 V without load, 12.0 V load, sometimes showed 11.99 V, so measure only with the device