3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
InboxM 03.10.19 03:39 am

Intel Core i5 7400 and temperature

1)To start please explain what is the difference between Tcase and Tjunction. On off. the Intel i5 in the specifications of the 7400 line Tjunction 100 °C. Is the temperature of the cores?
Here are the lines Tcase in the characteristics I saw....
2) Now about my temperatures... Cooler boksovskie. Made measurements in Aida64 and Msi Afterburner. Temperatures in idle are great, well what about them... Talk about stress, in basically any modern game. So, let's begin.
Aida64(performance load),for example:
Temperature:48°C
Package Cpu: 58°C, 10 °C more, I wonder why and how can this be explained?
Kernel:Performance equal to a Cpu Package
Aida was still some CPU,but did not disassemble them.
Msi Afterburner(monitoring in games) :
Cpu: 58°C
Kernel:same
Here is the most interesting moment for me))
Msi Afterburner shows that in the monitoring? Ie I understand that the rate of Cpu 58°C in Msi Afterburner and increased the Cpu Package in Aida64 one and the same temperature? Checked, like it all fits. OK. And that the figure of 48°C?
So:
1)Explain what what to eat, what is the difference between all these temperature readings? And as rather to determine the current temperature of the CPU?
2) once again asked to explain about Tcase and Tjunction.
3) the Maximum temperature that I saw in Msi afterburner in heavy loads 65°C, it is clear boksovskie kuserok still cope. Can this pace, and the same 58°C is considered normal for loads?
4) and of course at what temperature should start to sound the alarm? Of course, the modern stones have protection against overheating. That's just to know what indicator will work this protection
P. S Waiting for the forum which held in the arms of iron than one year.
13 Comments
Sort by:
P
Phoenix67 03.10.19

I also have a i5 7400 in Battlefild 1 with a load of 80-100% with temperatures of 51°.Maximum temperature was 54°.

R
Ryazancev 03.10.19

InboxM
Perhaps you АИДЕ64 monitor the temperature of the body. For housing maximum temperature of 80 degrees for the cores 95-100. Just look what kind of temperature shows the program. You have a normal temperature under the box, don't worry.

I
InboxM 03.10.19

alex280781
65°C I have 100% CPU usage, but you may have better cooler)
Ryazancev
Where 80°C max. housing temperature? Puff possible?
And about temperature I'm kind of details written)

R
Ryazancev 03.10.19

InboxM
The DNSe is written in characteristics 80 degrees on the housing. On the website of Intel 100 degrees in the crystal.
Spoiler
Given ternowetsky under the body, it might be so.

I
InboxM 03.10.19

Ryazancev
Thanks for the info, where only DNS took these 80.

F
Fiend Astaroth 03.10.19

InboxM
1) Tcase - the temperature in the geometrical center of the heat-spreading lid of the processor. It's different, because it is the place to be thermal resistance, and also due to the presence of thermal paste that has a thermal conductivity of from 1 to 11 watts/meter*Kelvin (depending on that smear between the lid and the chip), it will be very different. Solders up to 60 W/m*K.
Tjunction is the temperature of the cores. It has priority. Or from the manufacturer's website: the Temperature at the actual contact patch is the maximum temperature allowed by the processor. And sets - 100°C. i.e., is the limiting temperature of nuclei, after which starts to work protection from overheating.
Nominal operating temperature, as specified in the specifications to the processor, HOWEVER, here I do not see her. By default, it is considered to be of the order of 65-72 degrees (or Tcase). This is the normal operating conditions of the processor.
2) Cpu Package - more this is the real temperature of the hottest processor core.
the increased Cpu 58°C in Msi Afterburner and increased the Cpu Package in Aida64 one and the same temperature? Yes. Cpu Package is the maximum figure per core. Example: core 0: 37C, core 1: 38 core 2: 36: core 3: 39. Out of all 3 and its kernel is the largest, and it will be displayed.
In Msi Afterburner it is simply called Temperature.
OK. And that the figure of 48°C - As I said, this is the temperature at the geometrical center of the heat-spreading lid of the processor. It is smaller due to the thermal resistance of the metal and the low thermal conductivity of thermal paste under the processor lid.
The maximum temperature that I saw in Msi afterburner in heavy loads 65°C - As I already wrote. For all processors, by default, consider the best operating temperature in the area of 65-72 degrees. The ultimate in core - 100 degrees. The temperature at which you should think about the problem - replaced thermal paste, cooler, cleaning from dust is of the order of 85-90 degrees. 90 it is better not to handle.
In Your case it's all right, the temperature just perfect, come up with nothing.
Temperature - taking is core or Cpu Package or just the CPU.
By the way, nice monitors performance in real time, and recording the temperature at the maximum / minimum over the entire operating time, the program Core Temp.
A screenshot of the program

I
InboxM 03.10.19

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you, knowledgeable and clear answer. Now everything fell into place.Worried as they say about the hardware, others on i5 7400,and load temperatures were lower, but it is clear and the cooler was quite good.And about temperature, I did not see on off. the website

F
Fiend Astaroth 03.10.19

InboxM
You're welcome.
Bossowski cooler from Intel decided to throw. Of course, he's a total bottom. But under such a processor, it will come down.

I
InboxM 03.10.19

VOVAN WOLF
But not all is thrown away. Once it is shoved in the box with the stone, well, probably sure that the cooler will cope with the task.
Hmm... But what processor doesn't?)

F
Fiend Astaroth 03.10.19

InboxM
well, probably sure that the cooler will cope with the task. - What I say.
And under which the processor is not good?) - The same is true. Although, I would say i7 with a frequency of 4000 and above and especially acceleration. As I know, no longer sold 6700 / 7700 Boxing version. Although, there should lead. But under such a processor has already put not very.
View its specifications, Intel said on its scattering power is 50 watts. And Your processor has a TDP, according to specifications 65 watts. Much more logical under i7 with a TDP of 90+ watts to put something more serious. I would safely said that 6700k / 7700k - it is not good to focus just.
Besides, this system will be to swim at a greater speed, and according to the maximum rotation speed of 2700 rpm.
And there is another drawback, which is to keep away, for me personally, a little thing for someone. Airflow directly on the motherboard, leading to contamination directly under the cooling system (dust).
I can also say with confidence that it is limited to the sockets, of course, needless to say, that at 6 cores it just will not go.
It has one small drawback, it all depends on the hands: fairly flimsy construction, it is possible to break off during Assembly and dismantling of the cooling mount.
In the coupe, so-so hack. Here is the AMD-Ki gave an excellent boksovskie cooler with a vaporization chamber, which is cooled overclocked processors. Intel, unfortunately, such can not boast.

I
InboxM 03.10.19

VOVAN WOLF
I agree, though I am not very well versed in the gland, but nakyal that overlocker prefer non-standard cooling. I7 letter K a lot more maybe something to brag about. My i5 actually chasing nothing.

H
Harsford 03.10.19

InboxM
Hey,I was looking for info about i5 percent of the 7400 and came across your conversation. Please tell me you have some frequency in games? I have 3.3 is not raised,though stated that he has a frequency of 3.5,I'm not understand this problem or how it should be?

v
vitalik76 03.10.19

Harsford wrote:
I have 3.3 is not raised,although stated that he had frequency of 3.5
In General, the nominal frequency of this CPU is only 3.0 GHz. Further increase in frequency is due to the technology of Turbo Boost of 3.5 GHz and this is a purely theoretical increase and the increase in frequency will depend on how many cores are active and how they warmed up. The more cores active the lower the frequency gain. It is not a simple acceleration in the conventional sense, when the multiplier is changed and everything began to operate at a different frequency.