3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Manul177 10.04.20 08:11 pm

Impressions of the game (Perception)

Pre created this topic. The game is not played, and just watching video game bought it on steam. On top of that there you a discount. In General, share impressions of the game.
5 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wise Owl 10.04.20

Quite interesting, sometimes tense, atmosphere is present. While played 1 hour, so not much to say. Only eyes are a bit tired.

M
Manul177 10.04.20

Quite interesting, sometimes scary. The atmosphere of the game that still, especially if you play with headphones and at night )) One thing not yet quite understand. When you receive the essence how to determine where is it ? With that in my opinion they are overdone. Since our character is a blind girl, with the appearance of entity all turns red and to understand where it is impossible. I'm probably 5 times her in caring bloodthirsty legs ran out. Eyes get tired constantly to peer into the darkness. Hard to navigate, and in addition now and this thing hears a stick and happily runs to her sound. You can spend a rite call of creature ))) Just stand in place and knock with a stick, just in case who have not yet met. A minute later they come running and shematic You for a sweet soul. On YouTube came across a video where the players complained that is boring and no one. Don't know, I nifiga not boring, for me this plague hunt announced around the middle of the first Chapter. If You have no one, and this creature only the voice, maybe it's a pre-release version that was shown by many youtubers. In the video there are 2 gameplay video, one of which shows BEFORE the release of what was.
PS graphics Settings as such is not present, you can only change the picture quality and resolution. With sound also not clear. There is the volume of the cane and silent night the First only has an effect on how loud the stick sound is heard, or something else ? With the second option I do not understand yet what it's for.

l
limo3587 10.04.20

Manul177
well, at the expense of focus I duck just remember where came out originally and on account of pricks like that show from where it come

l
limo3587 10.04.20

and so the game rules yet,great

R
Reverrius 10.04.20

Horror project from an independent Studio The Deep End Games (consisting of people who had a hand in BioShock and Dead Space) and offering players to play for the "blind" the main character, oriented in space exclusively by means of echolocation.

The concept itself is interesting, although it is not the only game about the blind HS, you can still remember Beyond Eyes however in the context of "horror", such a mechanic is able to have much more and exciting potential. Alas, the developers of The Deep End Games, it is not revealed.

Reasons why Perception was a failure, a lot. It is illogical and implausible plot in which blind GG alone comes to an abandoned mansion in order to understand the value of her tormenting nightmares. And the horror mechanics, which is simply not brought to mind is the player a warning that the noise can attract the local "monster" (from which we, if anything, have to hide in the various chests, cabinets and etc), therefore it is necessary not to make noise and wander in the boring dark alone, collecting the required plot items listed audiodevice or reading notes. Any "challenge" then no, there is only boring wandering through the local corridors and rooms. By the way, GG has a "sixth sense", which usually shows exactly where the desired object or to a door she needs to move - without it, the darkness it would be difficult to survive to the finals. System of echolocation is interesting only the first half hour, after which it becomes a normal routine, preventing to investigate the mansion. The sounds could play an important role in such "blind" the horror, but they are mostly similar, so you get used to them.

Is there anything good in the game? Probably the sensation that provokes the player's Perception – that the mansion around us like a "living", changing, impermanent.

The result: a weak Thriller with a curious, albeit similar, concept.

4/10