3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TheHouse 10.04.20 08:12 pm

The game's timeline (Divinity: Original Sin 2)

The people, help to understand who fumbles. I'm not a big fan of the Divinity series but all the games has passed, and remember the events.

So actually, at what time events occur in the game?
In the office. Vicki says:
The events of Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be 1200 years after Divinity: Original Sin, that is, after the expulsion of Damiana in Nemesis, but just before Beyond Divinity.

But then there is a few questions and misgivings:

1. Where Is Lucian(The Chosen One)? - Because it will kill the traitor fiery knight AFTER! the return of Damien from Nemesis
2. Where did Alexander, but about Damien not words?
3. Why is the dragon in the Fort Joy, said that they were running low, when hunting them was opened only after the betrayal and murder of Lucian?

And there's much more on the little things. So can someone explain? I do not understand, or the writers screwed up, or maybe it can all spread out on the shelves still)?
29 Comments
Sort by:
A
Ayub_Black 10.04.20

Though I have not played the previous parts, but after analyzing what you wrote I can say this: the events obviously occur after the murder of Lucian, because in this part he's dead. About Damian said by the way Gareth, or rather, our main character, said Gareth, when he wanted to kill Alexander. It could talk, telling him that he's not Damien.

J
Juice_rush 10.04.20

Lucian is not dead in this part

T
TheHouse 10.04.20

Ayub_Black
So, Yes, if you rely on the plot of Original Sin 2, it turns out that events do occur after the death of Lucian and before Divinity 2, but then where's the order of the Dragon Hunters? Judging by the plot of Divinity 2, it was a serious and influential order, at the level of masters, etc. and he appeared not in a single day. Where Is Zandalor? Which was almost every game of the series. In short misgivings of the sea turns out well or I simply didn't understand.
lateXLove
Very dead, in the game, even his tomb is.

T
TheHouse 10.04.20

lateXLove
And you came already?
Ayub_Black
Read foreign forums, from what I understand and accidentally stumbled upon the spoilers, Lucian is really not dead....and the events of Divinity 2 and ero draconics are not Canon, and that everything goes smoothly...Damien just in the Nemesis, and the events happen in between Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity...

J
JOKERIVAN 10.04.20

TheHouse
How is that not Canon??? What kind of game...

T
TheHouse 10.04.20

JOKERIVAN
Well, so, the people on the forum laryanovsky themselves in shock. But this is not accurate, because official comment no one gave. But since one another vzaimozachet either OS2 or D2, because the stories and events are too contradictory. D2 but most likely still not Canon, because in one interview with the head of Larian, he said that D2 was a mistake in principle

J
JOKERIVAN 10.04.20

TheHouse
And in my opinion that was a great game

J
Juice_rush 10.04.20

TheHouse
Yes,has already passed,so you'll see))

F
Folko-ven 10.04.20

JOKERIVAN
I also liked it.Very lacking mind-reading and permanent vision of ghosts.

D
Darth SimbioZ 10.04.20

TheHouse
Not found the interview where the Larian say that D2 was a mistake. If so, sorry. I passed D2 2 times, and the plot, as the game itself very much. Not like when you kill your own Canon.

T
TheHouse 10.04.20

Darth SimbioZ
It is pretty old, even before the announcement of the Divinity Original Sin was, well he seems to be not about the story itself is told, and the fact that for the most part the transition to 3D\Exarch was a mistake...

P
Pum Purum 10.04.20

Then do the questions more than give answers.
Spoilerage that there is no mention anywhere of the order of the dragon hunters, although the fact that he is indirectly possible to understand that the dragon in Forte considers himself the latter, although the latter was Talana..
Then Lucian killed a dragon knight, but then say he faked his death, say it was staged, given that Dallas actively yuzala Cherni circle. BUT in Divinity 2 Lucian was captured, but someone shoved it in there again becomes clear.
In OS2 States that 7 threw eternal and created all the races, I think there is even with the first OS necrotechs where Astarta was at that time and what her role in this? Much more in divinity 2 did the new one? well, etc, etc...

P
Pum Purum 10.04.20

If you choose the ending with the rejection or return of source, it seems like it all fits with divinity 2

B
Bagaley 10.04.20

PUM Purum
Lizards is the former dragons which took away the ability to fly. (who did not remember) the Order of the dragon hunters for 1200 years has decayed to oblivion.

P
Pum Purum 10.04.20

Bagaley
Why 1200 ? Between OS2 and Divinity 2 is only 60 years old. 1200 is passed from the OS

r
raspisnoy1 10.04.20

//////Though I have not played the previous parts, but after analyzing what you wrote I can say this: the events obviously occur after the murder of Lucian, because in this part he's dead. //////
Yes figs there in this game and dies twice resurrected Alexander and the Witch....so in vain trying to build something)))

I
InnerBloom 10.04.20

For those who have already passed the game or have propolis myself the ending. Or wants to propolice yourself the ending.
Spoilerage by the fact that in game 5 the maximum variety of endings:
1) One of us finds divinity and ascended. (Was Elected)
2) the Source was divided equally to all inhabitants of Rivellon. (None Elected)
3) We obeyed Dallis and Lucian. Now in Rivellon no Source.(Lucian Elected)
4) no One can resist the King-God. Now, the world at his feet: the king can do with it as they please.
5) One of us finds divinity... that is to say, on equal footing with arhidemon Adrenalina.
I cease to understand how you can stick those endings BETWEEN the parts of the games. Head pedsonals.
And if until the end of D2:PM - Elect is Lucian, sootvetstvenno with such endings - the events of this part can only be AFTER ALL. Right?

I
InnerBloom 10.04.20

PUM Purum
Are you saying that after THIS Fiery knight will put the Chosen (why did the Dragon in Joy saying that they have hunted) and he'll go somewhere in a hell in a parallel world?
All the time fought with Damian, and ДОС2 it's a small digression between DB and D2?

P
Pum Purum 10.04.20

InnerBloom
No, I want to say that the treacherous fiery knight and Lucian acted in concert, that would incinerate the death of Lucian, otherwise all as it becomes quite clear.
Spoiler the end of the match, usually in such cases, the true ending becomes some sort of one and apparently this is not the case where someone becomes the new favourites, and indeed it is not clear what really fits so the chosen one left alive in prison

I
InnerBloom 10.04.20

PUM Purum
so well chosen and went to jail some parallel world, after his treacherous fiery knight (under the supervision of Damian) was stabbed. And then the new the fiery knight (you have D2:PM) it out. Are you saying it's all the same
Spoilers is the prison sobytiya all of these to D2:PM? And ДОС2 it's a small digression between the BD and D2:PM?