3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pulse Ultra 15.04.20 05:32 pm

RAM Disk

Good day) I Hope any of you knowledgeable people who can help. I bought additional 16 GB of RAM, just yesterday, I now have it 24гб, I think it is quite good. And so I came up with the idea to create a ramdisk. I have been reading enough about how to create it and what to do with it. But I am now interested in the question. Whether it is possible to do so, to move on ramdisk is only needed for fastboot files, and the rest of the installed games to leave for example on the hard disk so that those files which I put in RAM, loaded faster at times? That is, the idea is to spread the game files on 2 different disk, but it worked as one
14 Comments
Sort by:
v
vitalik76 15.04.20

Do you know what files are required for fast loading, but what else? Something I am doubtful that the game has unnecessary files. Now basically put into two folders - the game files in the installation folder, and the saves and configs in the my documents. Accordingly, the RAM disk, you can move either one or the other. Although, honestly, I would take the SSD and put the whole game there without distortions.

p
pekabir 15.04.20

Pulse Ultra
Pulse Ultra wrote:
Whether it is possible to do so, to move on ramdisk is only needed for fastboot files
no you can not. as far as I remember the RAM disk will be reset after restarting Windows. correct me if wrong

P
Pulse Ultra 15.04.20

bloomm
vitalik76
First SSD runs 15 times slower than a ramdisk, if not more. Secondly, if I hadn't known what he was talking about, I would not say that at all.
Watch the video and then continue the discussion. I need this app only to work with all games, not just those that the incentive

P
Pulse Ultra 15.04.20

pakaur
Is the function in prog that allow you to save data before shutting down they are transferred on the primary drive alone and all is saved

p
pekabir 15.04.20

Pulse Ultra
I wonder what wild game is this that you will not be able to overcome SSD? for the sake of saving 3 seconds when you download you are ready with the help of crutches anal reinvent the wheel?

P
Pulse Ultra 15.04.20

pakaur
no specific, all I want)

R
Ryazancev 15.04.20

Pulse Ultra
In googling such a thing. AMD StoreMI
RAMDisc+SSD+HDD.
I'd be able to stick, but did not. Felt that I do not need.

L
Lex-one 15.04.20

Ryazancev
Curve crap, tried.
Sooooo curve.

p
pekabir 15.04.20

Pulse Ultra
all at once? you 24Гб all, LOL. you in theory want to stick to this size, given the fact that more RAM will leave? halva second or NID Faure AIDS or something?

S
SonyK_2 15.04.20

Pulse Ultra wrote:
Is the function in prog that allow you to save data before shutting down they are transferred on the primary drive alone and all is saved
There is, but still gemorno:
* During the game, all the used space on the RAM disk will sit in the RAM and the processor will always have to handle this volume. And the higher it is, the less will remain free of RAM under the game itself. To share the big game - not all worked with RAM disk (but only the most frequently used game data), still need to be able.
* If there is no UPS, and the house suddenly lost electricity, all the data from the RAM disk will disappear, failing to record on the primary drive. For example: the game has a cloud saves and is saved in the same folder, which will be in ramdisk, you can lose a lot of time from players (depending on how often the game is saved), if not backup your saves on the main disk.
* If the drive on which reset data upon completion of the work, will be an SSD with frequent copying from the RAM disk may be a long time live, especially if it is on cheap memory chips.

Correctly people write: for serious game of such amount of RAM on the RAM-disk is not enough, but small and with a normal disk (especially SSD) will be loaded quickly.
SSD works 15 times slower than a ramdisk
Depends on RAM and SSD - the speed of regular SSD (SATA 3) and NVMe are different.

b
bloomm 15.04.20

Pulse Ultra wrote:
Secondly, if I hadn't known what he was talking about, I would not say that at all.
You don't know what to say, just had seen VIDOS and read a lot of bullshit =) Still such a thing exists Optane called but it's a mythical thing, rumor has it that it is still faster than m2 pce !

b
bloomm 15.04.20

And Good comments to wipe the products you have not been there =) And enough reports to throw gentle as defki her God.

L
Lex-one 15.04.20

bloomm
bloomm wrote:
Optane called but it's a mythical thing, rumor has it that it is still faster than m2 pce !
Slowly.
Optane stillborn.

b
bloomm 15.04.20

Lex-one
Of course.