3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alex333alex 16.04.20 09:26 pm

Folder steam weighs more than it should be

People, TRU-important information! More than 60% of your steam folder is the trash! Steam=>SteamApps=>downloading. Delete EVERYTHING you don't need it at all, something like temporary files. I have a 150GB disk on steam weighed ~90гб, with a small quantity of installed games, it was strange, it turned out that the games that weigh only 25GB and the rest is this folder. Clean the folder after each injection of the game.
12 Comments
Sort by:
C
Ctakan 16.04.20

All of it to clean herself.
And if you can happen that is not clean, it's in settings corrected

f
febll 16.04.20

Stakan [nickname already in use]
The same.

H
HoCkeR 16.04.20

alex333alex
the games are moved when downloading or updating, and so it completely myself чиститсяalex333alex

O
Oxc0rp 16.04.20

still useful thanks

M
Maniak_ 16.04.20

Hmm, has not been cleaned ever, and the entire folder with the distribution kit weighs a lot

M
Mak93Rus 16.04.20

Also have never been cleaned, now looked - folder weighs in at 24 gig. Cleaned, still going though Windu rearranged. But in the future will remember, thank you.

24Chip 16.04.20

83.3 Giga, folder clean, little games, I don't know what is :D

S
Shyryp2 16.04.20

Thank you!

o
ololoichko 16.04.20

Thank you for wrote, but then on disk has little space, and extra typed in the folder downloading 37 gigs.

J
Joddy 18.06.21

strange, but I have the game installed on one disk, and when the downloading folder is updated, it takes up space on a completely different disk ...

R
RPOCLABB 28.10.21

In this folder, there are not downloaded and unpacked files, they remain there most often if work with Steam was not completed correctly, for example, you downloaded the game and your light turns off, in which case these files with some probability will not be deleted after you continue downloading and complete installation of the game.

L
Linkok 03.04.22

alex333alex
thanks man