3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sarim2899 17.04.20 10:01 pm

The book and the Game (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello! 2 Week ago, started playing Witcher 2, I liked it. After a week of the game, decided to start reading a book, than was engaged.Less than 7 days since I finished and continued to read part 2 of the book. Overall - I like it! But there is always a BUT. What books should I read to avoid spoilers for the 3rd game to the Wild Hunt? Or which books have made 3 of the game? Thanks in advance!
P. S
In the First Witcher did not play. Part 2 passed. But Trikvel - I still have to go through. Begin this celebration, somewhere in 3-4 months(Due to buying a new computer). So I decided to prepare. So, say pull the Mat.part.
21 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stribogg 17.04.20

Sarim2899
The wild Hunt is on the books does not, as in other matters, and generally all three parts of the game. The action in the game takes place after the events in the book.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 17.04.20

The game was made based on the books, even though it has many references and quotes from there.

S
Sarim2899 17.04.20

Thanks for the Response, gentlemen!

Y
Yakim 17.04.20

In the game there are several tasks which are found in books, but the storyline of the books are not connected.

L
LordAscarot 17.04.20

Sanchez Ramirez
And many schools, like the one that Professor suddenly survived until the beginning of the first game. Although this game is not getting worse.

M
Mama Stiflera 17.04.20

In the third of the Witcher is more fun to play (in the third, the other parts have very little in common with the book) after I read all the books. Spoilers in the game you will be no, if you first read all the books. But if on the contrary, the spoilers will be very much

F
Fullover 17.04.20

I wouldn't say that the storyline is not Game related ... it's like a full-fledged sequel books. That is, can be game and are not considered canonical ,but the story line of the books they keep .

W
Wild Rider 17.04.20

Sarim2899
Sarim2899 wrote:
What books should I read to avoid spoilers for the 3rd game to the Wild Hunt?
To the end (the lady of the Lake). If you have not watched the trailers for the game, well done, there is just one major plot spoiler is present. Anyway, part 3 is much stronger tied to the books than the previous two.

B
Bupycop 17.04.20

Sarim2899
Here's the chronology of the books because if you read their year of issue, then what is happening in the books will jump.
Spoilerage no refund
The grain of truth
The lesser evil
The issue price
The edge of the world
Last wish
The season of thunderstorms
The Witcher
The voice of reason
The limit of the possible
The splinter of ice
A little sacrifice
The sword of destiny
Something more
The blood elves
The time of contempt
The baptism of fire
Tower of swallows
The lady of the lake

M
Mihail Terehov 17.04.20

Bupycop
Yeah.Then he will be happy when after ending the Season of Thunder will know the ending book of the Saga.

O
Oleg V 17.04.20

the game takes place after the events of the books; the game so far turned out better than the books... spoiler can be associated only with Cirillo...

B
Bupycop 17.04.20

Michael Terehov
Where it says about the ending? In interlude?
Spoiler that litt die in battle for Sodden, and in normal order of the books, it is supposedly alive and the relationship with Geralt, Jennifer, it is unclear how to jump, they instead, the book begins, as they have several years apart and so cheradame...
Oleg
The game is better than the book? Who decided that? And what about the spoiler about CRIS is it?

M
Mihail Terehov 17.04.20

Bupycop
Spoilery, there as be Nimue meets alive and well Geralt later Nное number of years after his death, which, incidentally, describes in detail

B
Bupycop 17.04.20

Michael Terehov
Spoilerlippe is in Arethusa in 1373. On the road meets a witch, kills a creature, like the Hydra, and takes it for Geralt.
— If so, — white-haired wiped her face with a gloved hand — that Geralt of Rivia is long dead. He died five hundred years ago.Exactly where, it is said to Geralt? Please show me the part where the author says about it.

l
lookaway 17.04.20

in all parts of the anyway contains spoilers.
in the second part, for example, reveals the ending of the book.
the rest bit by bit you can learn from conversations or books within the game.

but the game itself is more interesting when you read books.

V
Vedge_Antilles 17.04.20

lookaway
Yes, and easier to progress through the story, when you know the preceding events. not going to bother, if I have to make a choice

T
Tiger Goose 17.04.20

Vedge_Antilles
I agree. In some moments of the games in the series much easier to make a choice when all the books read and know the character of Geralt, I know which act would be in his spirit.

E
Eagle-Owl 17.04.20

Sarim2899
The plot of the trilogy about the Witcher takes place after the last book. I mean, finish the Saga and play with peace of mind.

S
Sarim2899 17.04.20

People, Thank You for the quick reply! Honestly, I first come to these forums. Now read part 2 of the book The mission, the last Chapter that tells about the 14 mages, death zasevshih some area (can't remember which, specifically). Among the fallen is Triss Merigold. I hope that it's fiction, in the mind of Geralt from the medicines vegematic. In any case, Thank you....

V
Vedge_Antilles 17.04.20

Sarim2899
Triss was mistakenly considered to be dead on Adensam hill)))