3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Asmoon 17.04.20 10:03 pm

Fakefactory cinematic mod is a problem on the license (Half-Life 2)

After the recent updates to Half-Life 2 Steam has stopped working this mod. Noticed that the folder with the game moved ...in SteamGamesSteamApps\common\. Mod files moved there but the game doesn't ever see. Version 12.21. Someone knows what could be the reason? Thank you.
17 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cvoxalury 17.04.20

The reason for the translation of the game into a new format and breaking virtually any mods on the initiative Valve. Just have to wait for the developer fashion updated it to adjust to the new format.

A
Asmoon 17.04.20

Cvoxalury
Clear. Damn I go to them this new format if the old great game - the resources separately, mods separately. Whichever mod is not molded game files will not corrupt... In any case thanks for the reply.

x
xDDGx 17.04.20

Do not need to wait quite a bit of googling on inglish:
http://cinematicmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2336
A temporary fix, but it is. In short: you need to download all GCFки, a full set is given for reference. Either download the missing gsfci manually [suddenly, there is a link to the COP-mania :D ]. You will have to sacrifice a place on the screw, but what to do... Except to wait for the fix in normal, but when it is...

C
Cvoxalury 17.04.20

It is not necessary to wait for anything
Except to wait for the fix in normal, but when it is...

Well, I that's what "wait" meant.
And to download all GCF... damn, that's insane.

x
xDDGx 17.04.20

Then the installation is just ABOUT or Valpak - too crazy, this is how much space is necessary for them :D Yes, and the installation Cinematica itself - crazy, too, how much he weighs now gigs?
I used to (before I took out I removed the broken Steam) was gsfci and pirate ХЛ2УЕ6, and Incentive... And if you still want pirates fresher to put that in HL2, the DIALOGUE was...
It would be possible to combine them and using the links, but then the pirates would have stopped working because of different versions GCF. However, now I realized that nothing with the Stim removed all of Gsfci, because pirate SDK (which also weighs a lot) also used them... However, you can try to reconfigure it on ХЛ2УЕшные Gcfi, only I something did not happen.
The presence of copies, it is certainly evil, but so far there are no other options. Is that to carry the Steam to insert GCP pirate (though you'll have to figure out how on it to put Fakefactory, but I was once put, even though it was long ago).

//and how many I have copies of the first CL :D Main, non-stimovsky, on the basis of the COP, with a bunch of mods, additional, also on the basis of the COP, but on the engine, slightly newer, is almost pure (although there zombie mod is Cry of Fear, Action Half-Life, Natural Selection), but instead of valve/maps --> link to valve/maps from the first copy. +another COP, a tricked-out Assembly with the cs mapping, a reference to valve/maps do, but the content of CL is present. Wonka: the first Half version, version 1.0.1.6 with the old Xame, 1.0.1.5 with optorsim and TPA + SB separately and Gunman Chronicles %)
//and that's not counting the collection of nanobelts that we did %) And alpha, of course.

So what about the madness, I even can argue with you! %D

C
Cvoxalury 17.04.20

Yes, and the installation Cinematica itself - crazy, too, how much he weighs now gigs?

The installation and existence Cinematica — all madness, however much he weighed :D

Then the installation is all ABOUT

Well, there's unnecessary TF2, Portal little...

A
Asmoon 17.04.20

The madness is an exact repetition of the same actions over and over again, in the hope of change... In General you are right, if you do not pay attention to the details). Thanks for the clarification. It is better to wait until a custom Linux mod (the way it is 12 gigs with a small, not so much, but with fix 10 GB, this is just madness)

x
xDDGx 17.04.20

by the way, he 12 gigs with a small, not so much
12 gigs? Nightmare %) For me and 8 gigs of Portal 2 is too heavy. If they don't put as many videos and music in wav and put P2 would weigh considerably less.

On the other hand, terabaytnye the winchesters (I have just terabytes, but not in the same screw), fast Internet...

It is better to wait until a custom Linux mod
And correctly. Play other mods, since they are a whole bunch for all tastes. //true, and they may require fixes and Paci, but hardly weighs a couple of gigs. Popular Source SDK Base 2006 / 2007. Although, damn, SSDKB also occupy a certain position, but certainly not 10 gigs. Um, I have like 4 gig of gsfci weigh too much. So these Wallow... :-/

P. S. I do not understand why Source SDK Base 2013 weighs 7+ gigs for a single and 3+ for multiplayer. What are they in there? o_o

H
HuperHunt 17.04.20

Now he weighs about 94 gig...because of this,I am unable to play it...

x
xDDGx 17.04.20

94 gig, seriously? o_o What do they got in there... Yeah, with that kind of appetite, even terabyte hard drive will be missed. Recorded 10 toys for 100 gigs and all, it's time to run for the new...

B
BattleEffect 17.04.20

xDDGx
Video comparison look.The game is not to know.

x
xDDGx 17.04.20

Yeah I'm more technically interested in how many weigh maps as textures, models, sound, etc. of course, to swing for the sake of 94 gig you do not want :D By the way, I have something slightly doubt that all of these resources directly, it needs to work fashion, at such and such volumes of the purity of the assemblies to follow hard, and certainly they contain a lot of garbage and duplicates.

And the game is not to know it was before...

C
Cvoxalury 17.04.20

xDDGx

Sinematiki weigh so much due to the complete incompetence of the authors. They don't understand how to optimize texture size, how to use compression and downscale permission. Instead of the crisp texture of 1024 x 1024 format ДХТ1 (683 KB) they gash the sharp 4096х4096 in BGR888 (64 MB). Because nobody wants to paint good textures and optimize them, when you can pull a photo from any website and to drive it in the game without optimization.

M
Mr.Rifleman 17.04.20

Great mod. In 2015 drugged any textures, sounds and new trunks (PM, AKS-74U, AK-74, Mosin rifle, RPG-7, etc.), installed it all in the Cinematic Mod 2013, adjusted the sights, turned off all new models glavgeroev, and play was doubly or even triply more interesting.

Long time I want to re-take it :)

x
xDDGx 17.04.20

Cvoxalury
Yes, but DXT1 is a compressed format, but still with a loss... to Me, when beta pixel card, it took a little bit to modify a few textures (interior walls Borealis), and after conversion to DXT1 have modified my texture has changed a shade, from-for what the dock of the old textures with the new disturbed, leading to the appearance of visible boundaries between the old and the new textures :( despite the fact that the original, original texts were also in DXT1! To convert a used VTFedit, like... it is unfortunate that in Source there is no support for any lossless format, or at least with not such a harsh compression... The same Quake 3 because it supports JPG and PNG as opensorce games. But as far as I know, DXT* supported graphics hardware, so these restrictions are forced. Using DXT1, it turns out, not only saves disk space, but memory?

C
Cvoxalury 17.04.20

Yes, but DXT1 is a compressed format, but still lossy...

But these losses (greenish tint) appear only when you save. They can compensate for color correction. Made from scratch textures can be easy and you have to keep in ДХТ1 (or ДХТ5 if they are with an alpha channel, or in BGR(A)888 in rare cases, the texture interface texture with a very smooth gradient, etc.), and the Kinoteka all made from scratch (well, in theory). The problem is that Sinematiki steal from sites of phototexture and shoved them into the game just like that. And they look sharp. They are knocked out of intentional styling and HL2... and, Yes, there is a whole lecture I can do. And also the resolution. A good artist can make a quality texture 1024 x 1024. Bad moddel takes texture 4096х4096 and it looks crappy.

It is unfortunate that in Source there is no support for any lossless format

BGR(A)888. Preset Uncompressed texture in VTFEdit.

x
xDDGx 17.04.20

But these losses (greenish tint) appear only when you save.
Yes, resaving compressed in a compressed format always evil. However, it depends... So it used to have, that the loss of the same JPG is usually unnoticeable, unless you look closely and not to measure pixels pipette in the editor here and it seems that once the image has passed through the compression, all were to be lost already lost, and further visible deterioration should not be... But DXT1 is much more primitive format.

Among other things, patents DXT* expire. Although there is an open implementation if it is not used by the author VTFEdit?..

Crutches, where the same without them:
id Software worked around the normalmap compression issues in Doom 3 by moving the red component into the alpha channel before compression and moving it back during rendering in the pixel shader

Yes, there is a lecture you can do
S, I would like to hear :) of Course, not insist.

A good artist can make a quality texture 1024 x 1024. Bad moddel takes texture 4096х4096 and it looks crappy.
Well that goes. Good texture will look good regardless of the resolution (of course, if not to shrink it to the pixel size...), the same as our beloved CL example. Or this:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/The_Unholy_Trinity
An ancient map for the original Doom (1994 no ports and could not be).
Textures in Doom are generally tiny, 64x64, 64x128, rarely more, and yet even now, in high-res resolution displays, well-made locations look interesting.

BGR(A)888. Preset Uncompressed texture in VTFEdit.
No, it's not like the subtleties of the terminology is the same: lossless is compression without loss, but compression. PNG, e.g. which uses the same algorithm as ZIP (Deflate).
In General, in uncompressed formats also have advantages, eg., in the archive they will weigh less than the same with lossless compression (though only in the case of continuous archives, and lossy usually still take much less), and if the file system is supported and enabled compression, then uncompressed video will take a few smaller than actual size (depending on the specific texture, and sometimes compresses well), but of course, places to spend money will still be more than efficient lossless format.