3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Edvins 19.04.20 08:54 pm

Another question on SLI (connection).

Direct request - haters SLI - no fuss!
The question is this: because of the peculiarities of the Mat. the Board had a situation, when in the upper slot size clearly includes a hefty graphics card Palit GTX 1070, and the bottom - only the single fan MSI GTX 1070. First - 1632 MHz, and the second 1531 MHz. Does it matter which of them directly connect to the monitor? May be MSI to overclock up to 1632 MHz (but they say these stumps is strongly heated)?
10 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 19.04.20

no. but video acceleration, desktop and games, apps in windowed mode are the cards from which grows the monitor 1.
therefore it is reasonable to connect to that which is less gurjit idle.
what is really there to rashomama then I a bunch.
to catch up to one of the frequency cards are a few I know do not have. but it will mean that cards with big frequent will be more unused CPU time. and some Petaluma znaczaco care that their cards shipped are not 100% and 97% in some pedicure.

N
Nikolay Ololay 19.04.20

Edvins
Both videocards will run at a frequency that is vidyuhi with min. frequency. (if not overclocking otherwise stitch) right now to buy sly vidyuhi-nerey different manufacturers.. it is best suited for slay REFs. You made a mistake.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 19.04.20

Edvins
For starters, there is no fan and the TURBINE. This reference, GTX 1070 Founders Edition, I suppose. I do not recall none with one fan from 1070.
Heated ALWAYS the graphics card in the first slot (top) MORE than the lower degrees 5-10-15. It all depends on the load ,and ventilation. Because it is close to the second. But there is an interesting situation. Yes, references are ALWAYS in the frequencies of the lower and temperature is greater. One unit compete with two or three fans. It compensates for its loneliness rotation speed and therefore the volume of air that run. They are much noisier than conventional fans.The temperature of the reference (graphics card with turdinae) above INITIALLY at 5-10 degrees. It can be heated EASILY up to 80.
So. Data card, of course, the same is collected in SLI. They have hitrushka. I do not know whether all, but there near this turbine needs to release / withdraw the plastic wall of the shroud covering the radiator. Thus, the turbine will gulp air not from below but from the side.
View.
In General, a bad choice. Overclocking, especially it can not be ,and frequencies, as temperature indicators, and it is inferior. Therefore, they both will operate at the LOWEST frequency. Cooling of preference MUCH better because they are better.
BUT, DON'T GET UPSET! Preference (video fans), not much around them. Acceleration, 've NEVER given anything worthwhile. He especially does not make sense. In this case, overclocked from the factory dereference (with greater frequency) has increase to FPS in the area of 2-7%. Therefore, not much to lose.
To overclock the reference (turbine) is not worth it. They have the advantage, the air is HOT they threw out the case, but the problem is, AS I UNDERSTAND it from firing is at the bottom, it throws air into the case, and this air is immediately taken up by reference and (hot is lighter than cold), I hope that mixed with the cold, i.e. the enclosure and the turbine, with a side laid bare.
And Yes, watch the temperature. SLI likes to bask good. And thus, you may lose frequencies. Temperature operating frequency values depicted.
Yes, to connect without a difference, take a picture of BOTH. But it is highly desirable to connect the upper, it (main) workhorse.
In SLI references work, try. But it is better to change.

E
Edvins 19.04.20

VOVAN WOLF
Map AERO ITX MSI GeForce GTX 1070 OC Edition with a single fan, not the reference turbine. Took Pleer.ru.

E
Edvins 19.04.20

Nicholas Ololi
I have 5 years standing in SLI two GTX 680 4GB VRAM each. Worked amazing and flawlessly and sold them recently for $ 6500 apiece.Complete silence. 65 degrees is not warm. And with the references easier to hang himself, and 4GB they spawn (680 s) had.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 19.04.20

Edvins
Well, I say, just not seen. So, I'm sorry, all right. But, I don't respond well to such obrobka, the more the level of the gtx 1070.
Okay. Then follow the temperature, nothing has changed. To disperse THIS, better not. Lower throws heat, he picks up the top. and so there, I have no doubt - a bit crowded. The top heats up more. In short, pumping is not necessary. CHECK mark this. Take the utility MSI Afterburner, pass the required parameters to the overlay and follow. And then the conclusion about acceleration will be forthcoming. If passes for 80 - FORGET it. There is a version with DLC, this will help this little one pull up. But in this case it is possible to remain without a guarantee, there are seals on the screws and need to be able to do.
An example, of course, not really, but to see this clearly, here's a video:
Here is an example
But, there is a maximum load, he launched at 4k, squeezing out of them ALL.
Just a clear picture
Is the physics of air movement. It doesn't work on SLI.

E
Edvins 19.04.20

VOVAN WOLF
Set. Top bought a month ago Firing (it's connected to the monitor), and the lower stump. Not yet dispersed. Ran in 3DMark and MSI Kombustor 3 - all TIPTOP. But got one strange problem. I have one card played in the resolution of pseudo-4K (monitor FHD), exposed through manage 3D settings of NVIDIA control panel, and now it would seem that God himself commanded (in order and took 2 cards in order to save dibs on a 4K monitor), but it was not there. In any game departure in a few minutes. Full HD the slightest disruption. So I and one map was missing. And mocking in 3DMark furychut smooth in any resolution. Never heard about such a thing?

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 19.04.20

Edvins
The first time I hear. And crashes where exactly? In any games?
Try it to the max in FurMark loading. Those I don't know, but this still look. little program.
And Yes, in FullHD load is negligible, of course, on two vidyuhi, but in 4k, squeezed the maximum.
There is the idea that power is not enough video card. BP and pulls. Although a silly question, because as I understand it, before it was 680-i.e. they Have a consumption higher.
Maybe you should increase the voltage on vidyuhi. Ie power consumption.
This problem can still be related to the fact that the cards are different or require a BIOS update, it somehow came across.
More unfortunately, nothing will help you.

E
Edvins 19.04.20

VOVAN WOLF
Tried in 5 games. Мафия3, Дисонерд2, Hitman, watch Догс2, prey - departure after a couple of minutes, after downloading and start the game. Power supply unit 1150W me and when there was one Firing, I played without problems at 4K (although FPS was around 30-40). I'll Try FurMark.

E
Edvins 19.04.20

VOVAN WOLF
Ran FurMark on all resolutions. Gorgeous results, no failures. Max temperature is 73 degrees. Set both at 1721 MHz (this situation Boost for card MSI). Crashes in the same place where previously only 4K. Some crap!