3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Blackwell228 20.04.20 06:29 pm

To speculate a little about the orcs (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Guys, now you tell me, why are the orcs (orsimer), being a huge and evil men.With great physical strength, trudolyubie and all laws of honor. Poured all their wars. As far as I know, in some moments they were very well organized. They had the whole city (Orsinium), they themselves are in a strong and very hardworking (especially blacksmithing) people, wise enough (need to remember this is not your typical librarian at Arcanium from Winterholiday colleagues). But then here come the Redguards, make the siege of Orsinium is gone. Although the climate for them is not particularly favorable in the same Skyrim. I cannot say the same about Orcs. They are here before the Nords were. And that of the great race, the first of inhabiting Tamriel, hardworking, efficient, they turned into leftovers, which rarely live in scattered fortresses. So what huge shortage of orcs to win over all. It would seem that you and the city and all... Imagine the dvuruchnikami, but stronger armor and run to unwind all the left and right. But no, come to the same Redguards and orcs just replacing. What they lacked. Please explain, don't get it. At least the Redguards and was a great masters of one-handed weapons, I can't imagine Redguard with sword. Which in fact must be clever (in medium armor) one-on-one blew a huge Orc with some hammer heavy armor. Else + Orc fury known as Berserker rage. Allowing the Orc to give the opponent double the damage, and to mate. Even given the talent of the orcs to blacksmithing, it is not difficult to forge something stronger. That will reduce incoming damage to a minimum (with Berserker rage). What's up, Guys? It was... the City walls, the army... the Climate... the usual hard work. Great physical strength... What they lacked? Explain. Do not be lazy. Discuss what-if))0)
44 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dzhozef Fabris Ondoa Ebog 20.04.20

Was not the great personalities of kings and generals. There was no unity between the clans. It was not the stunning mountains and sky magic. Did not have any technology. There was nothing, and never will be. Typical such orcs. So from there to take their Empire, when the terms of such powerful neighbors, has long grouped with their own kind and created a strong public education.

n
nestrbob 20.04.20

Blackwell228
The script and the character types of characters put in creating the game , and no the logic is not affected .

C
Cold light 20.04.20

as rightly said, the disunity in all senses, I will add that they have a tribe of orcs in their Prime are already a glorious death to look.... Is the loss of experience.
It is also important to remember that in the world of TES wins, on whose side the gods (Aedra and Daedra). The orcs Malacath.

W
WeedJaeger 20.04.20

Probably off topic, but
SMOrc

B
Blackwell228 20.04.20

Joseph Fabris Of Ondoa Ebogo
Well. I agree with you. Orcs - strong, hardworking, but a primitive people. But what can you tell me about simulated situations (Orc vs Redguard one-on-one). In place of Redguard could be anyone. But, I think Orcs have the advantage. And what you say about the ability of Orcs to fight?

C
Cold light 20.04.20

Blackwell228
About the ability of orcs to fight.
One by one the orcs really an advantage.
But war is not just about one on one. Tactics, strategy, logistics....
Let me give another example:
100 orcs with axes and heavy armor went to the canyon for a fair fight. 30 the Redguard archers staged a collapse, sat down at the steep slopes of the gorge and made fun of shooting. Or is there a 2-3 altmeri mage simply flooded this gorge, because in heavy armor warriors as the irons go to the bottom, and a potion of water breathing upon them was very unlikely. About the Bosmer and their call of the wild hunt and say nothing.

B
Blackwell228 20.04.20

I think Orcs have always seemed like an incredibly strong, courageous, but a primitive people. Remember the same Borko Beast - a huge Orc from the mines of Siden, guard Madinah. It all even look. It was said that it tore during the fight the opponent's hand, and she beat that to death. It can at all races - Orcs are primitive savages. But at the level of a particular entity, I think few people could resist the Orc. The ferocity, the fury, the way of life of the hermits, the fee for each crime of blood and gold (where do they get there gold) - all this only hardens. Same thing: Who will be more prisonable to life, that is survival. A man who has lived all his life in the wild, or people living in the city with all terms and conditions protected? The answer is not required. Yes, they have no technology, environments, and so on. They're primitive. But we here don't measure our brains. It is not clear why the Orcs haven't collected all while floating in the head with snot, and not fought back their oppressors. Why suffer the humiliation of being such a powerful race.

B
Blackwell228 20.04.20

Cold light
Understood, and I agree with you. Then another question: What race do you consider the most viable with respect to the war on all criteria. The race, which really must be scared to fight. Tactful, strategically set, hardened bloody battles, hardy... My tick goes Redgarden. Them and the Aldmeri dominion was not able to take (with the help of the climate). Masters of sword fighting (even in the description of the race said: the Best war of Tamriel). But, alas, about the army, they know nothing... all Seems good there. Times and the Aldmeri Dominion back and gave Orsinium repeatedly smashed. There have probably not so much army interfere with the conquest, how much the climate. Even the Khajiit from the hot Sands of Elsweyr can't bear the desert climate of Hammerfell. And who in your opinion do warrior race?

B
Blackwell228 20.04.20

Cold light
Or maybe you Bosmer? Yes, no army. But then their skill, fitness, ability to survive and shoot enemies from a distance. Especially at their home they will be difficult to overcome. The climate seems normal, But the jungle jungle.Which could not be well adapted to live. There they have a clear advantage, especially over human races. So who's really in all respects the good war. The conquest which do the heavy lifting

A
Anzhelika04 20.04.20

When they supposedly mostly peaceful people(according to them) was so they won easily redharry. http://ru.elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9E%D1%80%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%83%D0%BC_(Daggerfall)

G
Grasekins 20.04.20

What you have here for Nazism, all races good :D

C
Cold light 20.04.20

Blackwell228
Race which scared to fight...
Honestly? The one on whose side the gods. Seriously. Just simply the one on whose side the gods.
Tiber Septim is an example. Example uprising Alessia, it is especially. The rebels still just simply very bad, and then came cyborg from the future and all agreed, personally destroying an army of elves.
And tactics and strategy and logistics are meaningless when on your side the robot is a cyborg from the future.
On militancy: the most militant of people do Redguards and the Nords, but the Empire was the Empire of the Imperials, sorry for the tautology) So it is not certain that the rule will be the most militant.

B
Blackwell228 20.04.20

Cold light
What can you say about the Bosmer? Their conditions of life, adaptation, the ability to merge with the environment like a chameleon, able to bend the will of animals, the ability to shoot the enemies, not allowing myself, I'm more about the Wild Hunt silent. Would the Northern people the Nords, or Vice versa people of the desert the Redguards, or at least the Altmer or Imperials to conquer Valenwood? As for the deities... Yes, maybe... But something I don't remember what Malacath has helped the Orcs not to shovel all kicked, in particular from the Redguard that put Orsinium. And by the way, speaking of the deity of the Redguard I haven't heard anything yet. And the Aldmeri dominion principle eradicates faith, although truly great faction. Even the Nords, with all their militancy and bezrassudno realize that the war with the Thalmor is pure madness. About the robot-cyborg, you turned down. We also tend to more realism. So back to the main: what about the Bosmer? Yes, people are peace-loving. But all the pros I listed on top. What can you say about this?

C
Cold light 20.04.20

Blackwell228
Bosmer have the strength comes from the green of the Covenant. This is their strength but also their weakness. The Covenant is not only about gifts but also about responsibilities. The Covenant of good where the Silvenar and his lady, where Falinesti walk. In the clear sea disputed that will help.
And their perks... answer pure game as an example) in theory, the benefit of subdue animal oble cool, in practice it is necessary still that that animal was, and in fact the ability is so-so.
Just remember that Altmer with a Bosmer fought, then won the Altmer. It was during the Imperial simulacrum. There Altmer a couple of Islands cut off.
It would be stupidly practical to collect statistics on all the wars, who is who and who is who and to take into account whether the intervention of the gods.
But there it is, Altmer, as I remember, one time only specifically surrendered, and when they numidium threatened in the early formation of the third Empire. Other things I do not remember, but the memory is so-so.
So I'm on the gods and say, Malacath does not help the orcs in conquest.
And Altmer eradicate the belief in Talos, praavilno. Kill him to the level of worship. What happens if you stop worshiping Talos?... of course, this one probably won't say, some assumptions and speculation, but, IMHO, well they are doing. Oh, as well. On their part, of course. Because the winner is the one whose side the gods, and to deprive people of their God... reasonable.
Ask a cyborg from the future bent not I, but the creators of the world of scrolls))) In essence, and, unfortunately, that no matter how much realism was not, still come robot cyborg from the future and fix everything by divine intervention. (and therefore, IMHO, the Thalmor so hard and trying to ban the worship of Talos)

B
Blackwell228 20.04.20

Cold light
You said that the best war for Nords and Redguards. And why about the Imperials didn't say anything. In my opinion they are not much of those same Nords are different. They are station wagons: and a sword to wave and magic not far behind and archery don't mind shooting in diplomacy succeeded... What more do you need perfect soldier not as versatility and flexibility. Isn't that right? And last (probably) question for you: who are you in Skyrim you play. Who do you think is the most sampleessay race. With cool buffs and so on. Who is purely attracted your attention?

C
CEMENTATOR 20.04.20

One of the Egyptian Mameluke guard in a fight one against two Napoleonic cuirassiers emerged victorious, twenty-twenty was roughly equal, and the hundred cuirassiers drove three hundred of the Mamelukes out, smashing to pieces. It is a matter of organization and obedience, in Latin called discipline. Where are the discipline and organization of the matter, let the faith or the leadership of a unifying personality, but the essence of it. You can arbitrarily to be bold, powerful, like a bullet sharp, clad in armor and armed with the latest technology, but winning the battle and the war still determines the discipline of the troops. And orcs...well they are very far from that.

C
Cold light 20.04.20

Blackwell228
About the Imperials I said, what the Empire was and remains their Empire) That really says a lot, actually. To win and to take power is small, it is still necessary to keep.
But the answer for who am I, is a strong disappointment. I always say I'm Altmer, even when playing in irradiated and Archer, still in the race take Altmer. Because elder scrolls is still an RPG. Munchkinism is good, but I start with character selection, which I would be interested and comfortable to play in an RPG. In TES for me was the tradition of the Altmer.
But who do you play and for what reasons?)

A
Arrakis_Sun 20.04.20

Cold light
For the Imperials. A developed and cultured people, well-disciplined war and tactful diplomats. And you're an Imperial on behalf of the Empire orders suggest in any sirisko-werdenfelser the backwoods, beating dissatisfied with the poryalok sword on the head, but shooting lightning in all evil.
Those orcs in your civilizovani many Imperials are required, as they allowed them to become useful people in their ranks and finally got his recognized by the state.

D
DirtyLol 20.04.20

Lok-tar Ogar Swobo Zag-zag

I
Inzagiiii 20.04.20

Blackwell228
it is interesting to read. The only thing that said - the Empire is not an ally of the Thalmor, but rather like the vassal (at least at the moment)