3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sHaoL1N 23.04.20 08:34 pm

8+4 GB. Dual-channel mode.

Hello. I have a question. In 2015, I have collected the PC, the budget was limited and the amount rested in the RAM, originally wanted dual channel RAM, 8GB (4+4), but did not have enough money, I had to take one bar 8GB! Now here I think to make dual channel mode, but for me 16 GB is not necessary, and do not want to spend money, so I think to take the same model with the same frequency, timings, etc. But 4 GB, and that's actually a question, can you? that is 12 GB of RAM, and two support bars, one 8 the other 4, will dual-channel mode? If not, please explain the reasons for which it is impossible to I knew! Thank you in advance!

I've got this right :) ?
9 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 23.04.20

nizya. for n-channel mode in each parallel channel memory should be of equal size. frequency, and so even the second time
2 channel may not work if the current 8+8 current 4+4 or 8+8+4+4. in the second case, you can imagine so there is a RAM in adekunle. the second module malariae the previous volume in this channel. if we assume 8+8+8+4 then a bunch of everything will be odekunle
even if the system was 4+4GB adding another 4-8GB of fees has made the system unbalanced so the minimum for two channel anyway will be 16GB. if certainly not to find modules, memory at 2GB. in the case of a Board only 16GB 8GB minimum, respectively, and nothing else

n
nikita2112 23.04.20

Fit with a similar question. There are 2 laths on 4 GB and 2 laths on 2 GB. Is it possible to make, that they worked in dual channel mode? If so, how? And how do we know that the memory is in dual channel mode?

M
MunchkiN 616 23.04.20

nikita2112
in CPU-z is where the written memory dual Chanel. but as shown by my practice pitch tou is not always true. the easiest way to take znaczaco benchmark for memory to compare with 1 and 2 bedrooms.
well Yes you can. Minh some time working about the following. had 2 1GB and 2 x 2GB so in total 6 ibupofen. then the current difference in the number of Gibbon

G
Gera95 23.04.20

nikita2112
Can. Put in a 4 channel+2, and the same in the second. Only the memory you have will work with a reduced multiplier on the frequency, MHz will be lower than specified for the slats.

-
---VENOM--- 23.04.20

sHaoL1N
actually, this is the ideal write that should be 8+8 or 4+4, but in General it is possible to put only the two-channel mode will work as 4+4, and the remaining 4GB will be single channel. The essence of the dual-channel mode to record in the queue data is on the same level, then the other, so there should be two straps, in the case of unequal volume, the word dual will work for the volume that matches.
By the way, at the expense of slots. Say that it is better to stick the RAM closer to the CPU. Now, don't know how much is true, but if you buy and put Pitesti as drew (drew, by the way, that's right, Yes, there are even in color and easy to identify, but if the colour is the same - it is better to look in the user manual for the mother Board, not to miss), and then rearrange and Pitesti when she will stand in the 1 and 3 slots from the CPU, and will unsubscribe if the change in test results.
MunchkiN 616
in the Internet a lot of such tests is where you take strips of different lengths and see if dual-channel mode, and as I wrote above, everything works.

D
Denis Kyokushin 23.04.20

nikita2112
Inserted through the slot 4 and 2.And you will have 4+2 on each channel

s
sHaoL1N 23.04.20

---VENOM---
That is, the two channel will work? Speed will be the same as 8+8, or a stripped-down speed? As I already wrote in one forum polutorospalnye))

s
sHaoL1N 23.04.20

---VENOM---
So, I still che wrote:
I do not advise to do so. I myself a few months ago, I chaired a budget PC mother asus h110m-k with hyperpnea and 4 GB of RAM, and a month ago bought the same bar just for the 8 GB same brand of the same rank and timings, in the end dual the plow, but not consistently, and the speed of read / write in Hades then 15K then 30.. I just did.. and in the BIOS timings manually entered, and even thought of selling these 8GB and take 4.. well as we scored..
https://prnt.sc/ft3wqr
https://prnt.sc/ft415k
https://prnt.sc/fz786l - dispersed, but the sense if dual channel still plowing through again..
so something like this...

-
---VENOM--- 23.04.20

sHaoL1N
I also would like to know if Windows have some kind of priority of recording of information on the RAM. In fact if you install 8+4 GB in dual channel will run 8 GB of memory (that is, 4+4 GB) and the remaining 4 GB on the 8-moshovos strap will be in single channel mode, as there will be insufficient memory to Windows was the old recorded alternately on two planks, as in the first case.