3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pirya 23.04.20 08:36 pm

Laws of online worlds (Diablo 2)

For many users it will be interesting to read, comprehend laws online, to come to a conclusion why it is so and not otherwise.

Always more profitable to kill the characters of other players, and not something advertised the game as a goal
A given player of level X can kill a lot of creatures of level Y. Therefore, killing a player of level X gives you a reward of nY in the game sense. Thus, players will always be more attractive to kill than monsters of the same complexity. And, of course, is always more interesting to fight than monsters no matter what you do.

About the features
No matter how many features you have and add players always want more.

The satisfaction of the users
Despite your best intentions, any change will be seen mostly as negative. Starting with those who have forgotten that they asked it.

The Laws Of Hanara:
Over time your player base will be a group of people who like the style of play that is in your world. The rest sooner or later will go to other game.
It is very difficult to attract players with different preferences when the database is already established. Any changes you wish to make new styles of games will always conflict with the desires of older players.
Limit the maximum objective for the virtual world - creating conditions in which people with any desires can contribute to the creation of a world acceptable to all.
The newcomers included in the world for the first time is the best criticism.
The opinion of those who leaves, the most difficult to learn but it gives you a better idea about the necessary changes in order to achieve the ultimate goal.

The law Schubert about the expectations of players
Newcomers expect from an online game the same as from a single. In particular, they expect narrow, predictable plot with well-organized quests, and the game built around the player as a hero. They also do not expect the impact or interference from other players. It is difficult and sometimes impossible expectations for the virtual world.

Psychological inhibition
People often behave on the Internet like scum because anonymity corrupts. The only way to fight it is to create the conditions for empathy and sympathy to other players.

Anonymity and in-game administrators
Game moderators are faced with an interesting problem. They have incomparably more power than normal players. And their task is to provide maximum level of comfort and atmosphere in the game. But no matter how polite they are, no matter how they behave with the players and how cares about the well-being of the virtual world, players are gonna hate them. They don't trust administrators solely for their gaming power, and anonymity. Players will be met with accusations of bias, dishonest motives and bribery.

Law Hans Henrik Starfeld about the relationship between players and admins
The number of complaints coming from players directly proportional to the number of concessions from you. Many players whine if they see any bonuses - it's just the way of achieving their goals. And since you're a developer, in your hands are the keys to many of the achievements of the players in the virtual world. If you're not doing the players any favors, the level of whining will decrease.

Comment Hola Black
The more the admin responds to the requests of the players in some form, the more he will to get them. In particular, if the developers implement some features wishes of the players, the sentences will flow more. And the more you babysit the players, the more whining will be the result.

Law JI si Lawrence stating, it really
The more players, the more versions of what really have you going you will get.

Awards
The older your game is, the less gratitude you receive.

G. C. Lawrence on utopias
Do not pursue the ideal, strive for maximum productivity. You can't create a utopia, and to live it no one wants. (C)
18 Comments
Sort by:
q
qwerty1999 23.04.20

Rules theme

A
Alehandro228 23.04.20

Complicated :C

A
Aler 23.04.20

>online
>to come
Continue to read, I won't.

PS there's no clear reading what the assistant Firka created the theme. Nice tray, but no.

c
char_name 23.04.20

pirya
Cool you have glossed over the word humble

i
ixdon 23.04.20

And you can link who and how it was derived? And then I can come up with 100500 laws John DOE

Q
QLinkee 23.04.20

ixdon
In a strange language:
https://www.raphkoster.com/games/laws-of-online-world-design/the-laws-of-online-world-design/

R
RescueCat 23.04.20

Never buy any boxes with chance to get something cool if in fritupley game will not buy the box, it just bent.

I
Immense 23.04.20

Obsessed
Obsessed posted by: th at you suddenly came back so suddenly?
Look at his recent actions. Apparently again on D2 :)

h
hiha 23.04.20

The author of this topic not help Firka..he's just a fan.because he does everything as firk...he likes the image of a Firka.he leads Seya..then he says, style of speech etc...the fact that FIRC a bit of a stutter..or he inhibited it (perhaps it's a move) so as soon as Pira talked to him on Skype immediately began to talk as ferk..And as for the topic which the author suggested that we..well, there are sad as all that is written there is stupid copy-paste from the book (some of the management, staff interaction with administratiei, etc.) not a single personal thought of the author's content ps after me with a mob fell zhah I immediately realized that pvp with mobs more interesting )

I
Immense 23.04.20

hehe
Why are you so immediately corelock leaked and?

O
Omgstyle 23.04.20

each online world has its own law. ng one law. suffer

h
hiha 23.04.20

well, when I Dober leaked..he's in the chat wrote, I'm glad!\)) But that's another story))

S
Somberlain 23.04.20

Floodtime. For the most part, everything written is a well-known truth, it is not clear just what's Schubert and who is JI si Lawrence, not to mention the black Hole (lol).

O
Obsessed 23.04.20

Sоmberlain how many years, how many winters! :-) AZMODAN! ;D

S
Somberlain 23.04.20

Obsessed, Hey. Just two summers and one winter.
It was enough to once again forget the password and email from your account on the forum. :(

O
Obsessed 23.04.20

Sоmberlain, term impressive. green box on the Ave put plz. :-)

S
Somberlain 23.04.20

Obsessed set, but for some reason nothing is displayed. Problems on robattle, look, all the same. Ng as usual the posts appear late in half hour, if you write on robattle, and the interface is done by the hands of graduates of the Institute of design.

Spoiler

A
Aler 23.04.20

Obsessed
when I was six months, you didn't even say Hello ;D