3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Cycleklos 27.04.20 07:19 pm

The Asus VG248QE. Using HDMI or DVI?

Hi all. Going to buy myself 144гц monitor asus vg248qe and have learned here that to display all 144гц need to connect the monitor via DVI. But I have such a problem, the motherboard doesn't work with DVI input (have not yet figured out what the problem is). Via HDMI I understand the maximum is 60Hz. The question is, can I connect my monitor via HDMI (the graphics card), but with DVI adapter (for monitor), such a ride, all 144гц will be shown or must via DVI (graphics card-monitor) cable to connect?
16 Comments
Sort by:
R
RDIFB0 27.04.20

Cycleklos wrote:
DVI input
* Output.
It is better to look through the manual to the graphics card and check the version of HDMI was >= 1.4, then you can try your luck. But special hopes I would not have placed.
Cycleklos wrote:
Via HDMI I understand the maximum is 60Hz
In this monitor the documentation says that Yes, only 60Hz. Although it is not clear how such a limitation, because it shows that the HDMI in the monitor version 1.4 which should be enough for 144 Hz. For this there is a possibility that everything is going to work.
On the other hand if on the videocard there is output on the Display Port you can just connect through it and not steamed.

A
AnPei 27.04.20

Cycleklos
Using the DisplayPort on the video card connected monitors at 144 Hz. DisplayPort cable comes with the monitor.

S
Shadowarm 27.04.20

Cycleklos wrote:
But I have such a problem, the motherboard doesn't work with DVI input
Where,where?The monitor plugs into the video card,genius!

Cycleklos wrote:
learned here that to display all 144гц need to connect the monitor via DVI
What nonsense are you talking about you Troll?Your video card will be able to give these 144фпс that you care about this?

Spoiler

C
Cycleklos 27.04.20

An__ei
Display port plugs into the HDMI connector?
Sorry, not very good in all of these dvi/hdmi and so on.
Shadowarm
I'm not a Troll!

S
Shadowarm 27.04.20

Cycleklos
Take the monitor,take my card,look what connectors are in the monitor(DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort),take the card,look what type of connectors in it(I have no idea what your vidyuhi),but for example if on vidyuhi there is only HDMI,then buy the cable(but I think that cable will be included with the monitor) HDMI and pokupaesh one end to Monica,the other to the graphics card,same with the other interfaces,really man,like none that connected?

R
Ryazancev 27.04.20

Shadowarm
In most monitors, HDMI and DisplayPort cables in the complete set does not go! Save.
Package contents asus vg248qe
CD with software, documentation, DVI cable, audio cable, power cable
Cycleklos
Write the name of your graphics card. It must have DisplayPort, buy a cable and connect.

DVI-D Dual Link to two digital channel. Allows you to use resolutions up to 2560*1600 at a refresh rate of 60Hz or 1920*1080 at a refresh rate of 120Hz (you need to use the nVidia 3D Vision technology). Most relevant at present.

DVI-D Single Link - only one digital channel, interface capabilities are limited to a resolution of 1920*1200 or 1600*1200 at refresh rate of 60Hz, to support high resolutions, you must use Dual Link or analog interface.
http://www.nix.ru/computer_hardware_news/hardware_news_viewer.html?id=188083&utm_campaign=kazansw

A
AnPei 27.04.20

CycleklosDisplayPort to HDMI connector will not insert at all desire. They look similar from far away , up close differ. For this monitor need powerful graphics card . 144 Hz. only through DisplayPort .

P
Porsche911GT3RS 27.04.20

144гц DisplayPort only

C
Cycleklos 27.04.20

I have a GTX 1080, Yes there is a display port (I looked characteristics of a video card in online store where bought). We need to buy the cable display port to the monitor and can be safely connected to vidyuhi? But it is difficult to find this cable and how much is it worth?

R
Razox 27.04.20

Cycleklos
Conventional cable and HDMI and is about the same, well slightly more expensive.

C
Cycleklos 27.04.20

Thank you all for the answers. The topic figured out.

G
Geralt-47 27.04.20

Cycleklos
do you fucking understand)) hehehe))) you picked the wrong monitor, dude. The model VG248 is an older model, released back in 2013. Right now got a new, normal, MG248Q. There are still PG248, but there is an overpayment for unnecessary lighting. You need to take it MG248Q, there is technology better laid.

To connect you... but in General copies you your opinion on the DNC https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/18a6e91b0a803330/24-monitor-asus-mg248q-90lm02d0-b01370/opinion/:
Dignity
24 - inch less do not, no longer need the middle to 1920*1080;
- 144 Hz, the eye really rest
- easy and simple manipulation of the monitor, i.e. it turns to the left/right/at/random only one hand. You want to lean back in the chair Monique dropped or tipped. Moved - raised Monique. Everything is done easily and it is not necessary to clamp any button;
- brightness 350 Candela is in any sunlight though, even for a direct drop - everything will be perfectly clear
- there are built-in speakers, they are of normal quality, for audio playback and viewing of YouTube just for you sitting in front of the monitor will fit;
- there is a very convenient joystick to crawl on the monitor menu, ie no need to press a shitload of buttons one after another to adjust the brightness
- the monitor is beautiful in appearance, classy, well it can see in the photo, he has a very thin frame, the attention on itself does not emphasize that is very good
Disadvantages
again there are built-in speakers, there should be a wheel to adjust the sound, but it is not. Strange that the monitor is about 25 thousand rubles is not such a trifle
- too bright spread original display modes, you will need to configure each mode separately, to mess up a couple of days, I personally removed the contrast to zero for all modes, and to work at night I have the brightness at zero costs, but it's pretty obvious, because the monitor brightness is initially prohibitive - 350 Candela, the Saturation parameter is 50 place, is the richness of the colors, play with contrast and brightness, well, as usual
Review
Not much point writing a review was not, because the market is simply nothing to take among the 144 Hz monitors at 24 inches. Yes, there is a good monitor manufacturers are AOC, Dell, Yes, you can take them. But somehow I'm still leaning towards the ASUS, I don't know, maybe because I have a video card and Mat.charges of the company ASUS, and just want something stylish and cool. Connect the monitor using 2-channel DVI and Displayport (hdmi is still, but finally not needed), DVI is automatically issued 144 Hz, but there is no sound monitor, displayport supports audio, but 144 Hz had to manually enable via Nvidia control panel, there you will find, I naturally while hooked up via Displayport. Sound monitor is enabled via the settings of your Realtek where should you get the item MG248Q.
- someone writes, say TN is the floor. Guys, first off this monitor is very high quality TN matrix, almost VA, and second gaming monitor 144hz on a TN matrix is about 20-25 thousand, and gaming 144 Hz IPS matrix is 45-50 thousand, including the question closed. IPS road and afford it can only the children of millionaires. This monitor is 25 not everyone can afford even.

A
AnPei 27.04.20

Geralt-47
The latest top-end monitor to buy in the regions is not so simple . Only under the order . If there is 1-2 dead pixels that was lucky.

G
Geralt-47 27.04.20

An__ei
Yes, there top, a regular monitor, just on 144 Hz. Take everything you can, I live in Kirov, it is a village where there is no nichrome usually all you can find, borrow and buy. Moreover, the network DNS is used all over Russia, if the goods remained in Moscow, you can do it in any village order, where is the point of DNS.

A
AnPei 27.04.20

Geralt-47
I S2716DG DELL bought in June 2016 Start of production November 2015, This monitor appeared in the CSN by the fall of 2016, i.e. almost a year after the start of production. The prices in the CSN differ when the price of a new graphics card 40 thousand to 6 thousand with Moscow and the regions (was 1070 so when the first appeared , why not to order from them in Moscow and delivery as online stores make 300 rubles., not not buy to 6 thousand rubles. more expensive in the region). Cheaper on Internet sites buying.

G
Geralt-47 27.04.20

An__ei
cheaper, but not safer.