3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AT_Sagor 28.04.20 05:16 pm

Parry and frames (Dark Souls 3)

We all know, a good riposte you need to match the frames of the attacks of the enemy with your swing weapon/shield to parry, so to speak, the time of contact. Only here how long the frame itself? It has something to do with FPS or what?
I how many play did not understand at what point the buckler begins to parry and when he's done. So far, everything on pure luck, and it's a lot of very stupid deaths.
11 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lelik Bobik 28.04.20

AT_Sagor
DS3 is not a game where you ping will allow you to fend off from the reaction. Do it intuitively, or force the opponent to let you do Perry, provoke him to the action that you need. Want to Sarasvati it? — drop bombs to make the roll for you. But still, if you want from the response, it is necessary to parry when you begin the backswing and his middle.
Just analyze his actions, if he runs at you with sprint, it means that will blow away sprint, calculate the time, analyze frames, ping and do Perry.
I too initially suffered.

W
WAga 28.04.20

Lelik Bobik wrote:
parry is necessary, when starting the swing
It's not quite so. Enemies have different move sets. One quick swing, pause, hit, others slow swing - slow blow, etc., I trained parry on gundere on the 1st LVL. around 20+ visits and I could parry like a Pro. After gunder and hitting the wall Latrice, found that local homeless people, I generally can't parry, they are sharp as diarrhea. I was able to fend off knights because they have a predictable move set, but not those fucking homeless people with a broken sword=)))
AT_Sagor, I don't know about you, but I can fend off mobs only after hard training and 100500 deaths to a certain mob, when you look at swing and already know what will be the attack.

L
Lelik Bobik 28.04.20

WAga
I write for the players parry, and not under mobs. Fortunately, the mobs don't need to ping. To fend off agnolucci, you need to do when starting a swing from them, because the game is so fast, so more frames little not the best ping. With dorucime at the end of the backswing, when it starts to go a shot.

A
AT_Sagor 28.04.20

Lelik Bobik
The beginning of the stroke of the sword and began parrying with the buckler, the sword won. So that is not an option.
Actually, that's not the question, what is frame and how much to take, and buckler, his mother's leg when his moment of glory?

L
Lelik Bobik 28.04.20

AT_Sagor
AT_Sagor wrote:
The beginning of the stroke of the sword
No, only when he swings, not when it begins the stroke.
I could explain to you what frames, but the best go to the wiki or just the Internet get. Don't even know how you can't parry with a buckler, I simple shield to parry well, and will take up the buckler, then down the drain.

A
AT_Sagor 28.04.20

Lelik Bobik wrote:
No, only when he swings, not when it begins the stroke.
Yes, come to fill the last couple of days it is at the beginning of the swing of the sword prosiral all, but not on time. In General, the sword is the most difficult to fend off.
Lelik Bobik wrote:
I could explain to you what frames, but the best go to the wiki or just the Internet get. Don't even know how you can't parry with a buckler, I simple shield to parry well, and will take up the buckler, then down the drain.
Well, on the wiki only talk about them, but what they mean, and how long - no. Clear just, this is some reference unit of time.

s
siame 28.04.20

Parry in pvp sometimes you need to do BEFORE the start of the backswing. Is, as already mentioned, intuitively, the knowledge of the psychology of the players and game logic.
It is much easier to not parry the first blow, and the second (scythes, halberds, great swords) or third (straight swords, sabres, fist, large swords).
Well, the picture is a bonus.

A
AT_Sagor 28.04.20

Hey guys, thanks to all of you, but it is not the question. It's all on the wiki there and not only there.

I put the question simpler.
At what point in the animation, the buckler will be considered a parry, and what is already and not yet?
Table top talks about useful ranges in frames, but how long it lasts?

s
siame 28.04.20

From your point of view, the buckler will go before the arms of the enemy (in pvp).
Here is an example. Recently there was a case parried the cross straight sword. Late atski and my shield, and the sword of the enemy was moving at the same time. Of course, nothing but the sound and damage my Persian did not work, but it worked on parrying the second blow of the sword. You see how far in advance sometimes you need to press buttons?
Perhaps the blame ping, but a ping - a common occurrence, so it is better to try to fend off a fraction of a second before the backswing.

T
ToXeNsiUs 28.04.20

Guys, let me add my two cents to the discussion: in PVP only parry a tsestus. In most cases, the parry attack roll and crabbage, because it is the most optimal combination of frames of impact weapons and speed parry tsestus. Do not risk to rely on parrying or prepariruetsya shields, because it's too unpredictable for me. Regarding parry a normal the homeless on the locations: damn, what's the point? Homeless the overwhelming majority die from a series of two to five strokes. What is the reason to risk getting hit trying to parry, if there is much more simple way? But this, of course, only my point of view.

D
Ded MastDay 28.04.20

With a friend in PVP specifically tested all parrying shields, which are in the game. I hit them with a sword, he parries. The time counter for each individual shield and each shield has to adapt. Some swords are countered only the second or third shot. I personally do not understand what it involves. Despite the fact that he is a master at Perry and he willfully over 2k hours, he gets to Sarasvati only 6-7 shots from ten. In my case this was to blame the high ping on my side. In General, there are too many factors influencing a successful parry, so there is no single formula. Half depends on the technique, half luck.
PS. Best to parry was chosen as the Llewellyn shield.