3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Candy Princess 28.04.20 05:31 pm

To move the game to another computer without the Internet.

My sick one day really helped with the Assembly of the computer, and now the stupid girl will help, not ridicule. ? The situation is this - I moved, Internet to connect only the number 6, and in the new hkom wants to play. Bought it in steam, with my laptop yesterday, went to visit and pumped - and he's slow, impossible to play. I have an external hard drive that I want to transfer game from laptop to computer but don't know how. Just copy the files? If Yes, then where? Or should I do a disk image? I will be able to distribute the Internet from your phone to activate there is something through steam after this procedure, if need be, but the rock is 30.1 gig of course anril. In short, I'm stumped. Please help, I love hkom.)
7 Comments
Sort by:
v
vftor 28.04.20

Candy Princess
You can copy the entire game folder to an external drive and then from the external drive on the computer. So some games run with no initial setup.
To secure the transfer best of all the game folder compress in rar without compression (add to archive....), and then extract the archive to the desired location on the computer.

P
Pirat33 28.04.20

Candy Princess
Well, everything is quite simple. Need to find where steam has installed xcom and download the game folder to an external hard drive. Throw this folder on the PC and in the steam settings under downloads, select the folder on a new library. Well or to throw already existing. The idea of steam should find.

i
insel260 28.04.20

Candy Princess
Important to you, you will not believe!
If you only need a license, then there is a 50/50 it will work just copied the game.
If you are satisfied with pirates, can go back to visit, to upload the image from the torrent, and at home it is easy to install.

Just there are games that do not run if their copy from disk to disk. I'm not going to explain why, you don't need it, but the fact remains - copying can not help you.
So better not to risk it, running back and forth - just download the torrent file, and how will the Internet take down the pirates and put the license (if you want).
In my opinion it is the best option.
But if you can not download the torrent, try, as said above - choose your game folder, right click it, add to archive, in the settings choose no compression and specify the path where the archive will be created. After that move the archive to your hard disk.
Can make image of the game, but this will require special programs, which need to be downloaded. So that it is easier using WinRar or 7zip.

There is a huge chance that when you start the game (if copy game from disk to disk), will miss some files. Find files is possible on the Internet, on different forums. But this is again a dependence on the Internet.

D
Den4ikRZK 28.04.20

Candy Princess
Is easy it all, from a folder with notebook Steam\steamapps\common copy the game folder to external HDD , then the game folder copied to PC in the folder Steamsteamappscommon when you start the game you need Internet just to install the game, if the game is the latest version, then steam or anything to download will not be steam only checked the DirectX and C++ and install the game on your PC.

T
TheHouse 28.04.20

Den4ikRZK
He might even be able to install anything is not only a file integrity check and everything.
Candy Princess
Boldly try the tip above

D
Den4ikRZK 28.04.20

TheHouse
Sure! Completely forgot about checking files.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.04.20

most likely it can be done if you scratch the hard drive from the first pitch and connecting to a different pitch disabling the other hard drives
but it is better so not to do because Ovechka the candle is probably not worth it.
well, or to shove the whole pitch or hard drive from the playing pitch that a single log-in account and start the game in the place where was Internet
and without a single connection to incentives like the produce does not