3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alekszvorsk 28.04.20 05:31 pm

Not that Triss white and fluffy... (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In anticipation of the release of the game decided to read the Saga Sapkowski. To learn, say, how it all began. I read 7 books in a little more than one month. To say that it became clear the game itself is to say nothing. Understanding of the world of the Witcher has changed dramatically(which gave me a reason to re-take both parts), understanding these small details, like the song of a Buttercup on a date Shani, the phrase the sword of destiny two blades..., and many other small and large details.
If I gave you a reason to read a book by this assumption(which I highly doubt) - close this page, that would not be accidental spoilers. If not, I'll try to briefly describe the history of communication with the Witcher two important characters in the game: the sorceress Triss Merigold and Yennefer of Vengerberg.
Judging by the trailers the third part will be much more connected with the books of Polish writer than the previous part. But because the understanding of story characters will be an important part of understanding the story in the final part of the trilogy.
So... Let's Start:
Geralt and Yennefer met armagedona in a rather dangerous situation. BUTTERCUP WAS ABOUT TO LOSE MY VOICE!!! Fished myself a witch, and a bard, because money for food was not and suddenly out of nowhere Buttercup found a bottle of gin. And as soon as he was released he managed to Procuratorate 2 wishes before gin started to strangle him. Geralt ran gin after reading quite a fun spell on the Older Dialect(I do not understand what it means) holding the seal, is necessary in order that a Genie flew out the desire. After that it was necessary to urgently save Buttercup. Bring it into the city, he told the whole story the only sorceress in the city, able to cure Buttercup... Yennifer. Later aggressive Yennefer has cured Buttercup, but wanted to capture the Genie for their own needs. It's just led to the fact that part of the city turned into rubble, and Gina has no one captured. But then began the love story of the Witcher and the sorceress.
In the book Geralt and Yennefer often quarreled and disagreed, but always came back. Jennifer went to the magician Estredo(more details can be read here:
link викиhttp://vedmak.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9E%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BA_%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B4%D0%B0)and the Witcher went aimlessly. The catalyst for the final choice of each other became cirilla of Cintra, which will be a key character in the Hunting(or Wild Rut... Translate differently). At the end of the Saga and Geralt and Yennefer are beginning to call CRIS daughter. So don't be surprised if at the first meeting with CRIS you will hear such an appeal.
One day one of those fights led to a meeting with Triss Merigold. Among witches, as among the witchers, attachment to a certain person despised. Especially if it brings tangible benefits. This relationship was observed in Yennefer and Geralt, and after a quarrel curiosity Merigold has led to the fact that she was seduced by a witch(she wanted to understand what is found in the Witcher it is a smart and experienced colleague and friend). In the end, Triss and Geralt were together until the next happy reunion Yenn and Geralt.
At the end of the last book of Geralt stabbed with a pitchfork(don't kill him, but he was dying), and Yennefer was not in the best physical condition. They went through the portal to a safer world, where they could recover. What happened next can be understood by the cutscenes in the second part. But when you return the witch to his home world, what happened? The correct answer is Merigold again seduced Geralt, taking advantage of his amnesia and the lack of Yennefer nearby. Yes, and she did not raise the subject of Yennefer (even purely lyubopytstva what happened to her friend) until he Witcher started to remember. And when he started remembering - and then it turned out that there are certain roses that could restore Geralt's memory. And the Triss beginning to offer increasingly happily ever after the Witcher. Well, Triss still seems innocent in love with the witch lady?
In the third part we can expect enmity between Merigold and Yennefer and the Witcher will have to choose. Will another happy reunion Yenn and Geralt?... Or long-term relationship with Triss was much more serious than a temporary fun? Solve will give us, as players, is the first blade of the blade of destiny. But now my attitude to Merigold has changed dramatically and I can't just pick and choose a more beautiful face.
PS conditionally zatsenzureno the most amusing spell - Get out of here and like myself! You can understand why gin was incredibly angry. Still the Witcher was linking his seal.
51 Comments
Sort by:
q
qwelp 28.04.20

Well done, well prepared

P
POLKOVNIK2005 28.04.20

alekszvorsk
Yes I agree also decided to read the original source. Each Chapter as a separate quest, the material of the sea why I can used?

K
Killmen712 28.04.20

Thank you! Enlightened... :)))

d
danyiil695 28.04.20

That I twirl Geralt, not would have given me the conversation in the pool and Jennifer, I don't like a stone statue of Geralt (when first meeting)
The developers said there's a 3rd option where you can lose both if not determined.
Choose Triss, but everyone has their own opinion.

A
Amoral Cynic 28.04.20

I, too, after passing the second part always chose to rescue Triss, I had no idea that it could be bad, do not read books, did not know that she is in bed, and about, Jennifer only otryvochek in the game knew ... and other things in the summer all the books and realized that Triss in the books, well, not that the second largest girl Geralt, and in General ... simple. Even Fringilla and that the book had paid more attention I realized that Geralt without Jenn can't, well, no, but if she seems bitchy at first, everything will change when they have CRIS there, Jennifer is already revealed in all its glory. So in the third part of this red-haired girls, I will not mislead

s
st029 28.04.20

White and fluffy? Has anyone actually seen a completely white and fluffy women?

But fellow author, plus!

D
Dimkinpark 28.04.20

I don't think Triss will quarrel with Ian, in the second part of the game when the memory returns to Geralt she tells him that it will help all to find and rescue Ian, and Jennifer said she loved Triss in the book. I think it's because the Lodge of sorceresses, if Triska went against them they would have destroyed it, so they had to show loyalty. And not one of these witches are not equal, Jennifer.

M
Marquess 28.04.20

Over the month, seven books???? Yes, so what? I have a month will leave a maximum of 2-3 books

a
avenger999 28.04.20

Oh, I'm also from the books I read

a
avenger999 28.04.20

Marquess
I have less than two week Saga Sapkowski read)

A
Amishor 28.04.20

In many topics-discussions Yennefer or Triss I have observed a pattern - who read books, often choose Ian, who only played - choose Triss.
And I am that I did, books I read long before we started in on the game, and Triss made me mad back then. Yennefer, too, infuriated. In General, almost all the women in the book made me mad - Milva a pleasant exception, but still Yen and Geralt's destiny is spelled out. As punishment, apparently...

a
alekszvorsk 28.04.20

Marquess
Lectures in Higher mathematics))) But seriously - only the last 2 books long. Remaining on average 150-200 pages.

s
st029 28.04.20

deeVries
Good game there, where still you can choose)

I'd choose loneliness, my Geralt - normal male, with immunity to every civilism. And periphonic to family life would not change)

D
Daniil Sobolev 28.04.20

I read books, and in both games played, interest is huge, so part 3 will go differently. but to lose so don't want to.
Well, if you sue, on taste and color...))

M
Marquess 28.04.20

alekszvorsk

I now read GP. Tighten firmly. It is a pity that the game came out hrenovenko

A
AlexOmen 28.04.20

...the taste and color...
the markers are different :)

a
alekszvorsk 28.04.20

deeVries
I'm not picking sides in advance. As you know, Jenn stole a Wild rut. And in the book it is known that there were cases that took place just a few months with the theft of the Wild young Gun, and they returned the elderly. Yen does not age like other witches. So maybe for her it's been a few decades since when she was taken, while for Geralt, it was 1-2 years. Who knows how much bitchier she was.

A
Amoral Cynic 28.04.20

Marquess
I read in the summer, working on a stall, read all the books on the phone ( ~6500 pages in cool reader) for the last week of August, when people went home and it was a bit bare :)

a
alekszvorsk 28.04.20

danyiil695
To quote myself:
And the Triss beginning to offer increasingly happily ever after the Witcher
Or long-term relationship with Triss was much more serious than a temporary fun?
Originally Triss wanted to play Geralt, but as mentioned in the book - Triss found that Jenn found Geralt. At the time of the games, it is not Geralt twirls, and jealous of Jenn. At least I had this impression after I read the book.

A
Amoral Cynic 28.04.20

alekszvorsk
so Geralt himself has given up on her exchange, and he also was with the Wild Hunt, and the memory of the both of them washed, as they said Summer at the end of the second part