3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xDDGx 01.05.20 06:18 pm

Half-Life: Gamma (Half-Life 2)

In short:

Abstract

A bold fantasy on the theme of a possible future Resistance, Alliance and Earth after the events of Half-Life 2 (plus or minus the episodes). A kind of surrogate HL3. Gaming conventions minimum, action, car chases, shootouts are virtually absent, a lot of philosophy and reflection. Originally conceived as a grim dystopia, but the result was far less straightforward, and sometimes even humorous.

Half-Life:
GAMMA

Membership
Gordon opened his eyes. Light. Around was light, white, bright, but the eyes didn't hurt. But he still closed them and noisily breathed in his air. Fresh, clean... it reminded him of those peaceful days when he was in College and often walked in the Park: green in spring and summer, red-gold in autumn and white in winter. Now he thought he didn't appreciate it then spent time on the computer and books more than I should. Now he would have given much to be back there... at least for a few moments.
— I can arrange that. — there was cold, devoid of tone of voice. Barely hearing him, and Gordon shuddered. He opened his eyelids and looked around. He found himself sitting in a chair for a small office Desk with glossy black surface. The rest of the decor — the floor, the ceiling, the walls were bright white, as if she radiated a light of unnatural intensity.
And sat opposite HIM. He. Despite all of this light around, it is dry and treacherous face was covered with deep shadow, in which she tore the emerald eyes of the old Fox. In addition to them, Gordon saw only his chin and lips. They stretched into a smile, not promising anything good.
As usual, He was dressed. Light blue jacket a particularly vile shade — Gordon would never have touched such an abomination, not to mention the fact to wear — a white shirt and red tie. The usual case Freeman didn't see, but he had no doubt that the suitcase here somewhere.
And yet, something in His appearance has changed. Gordon didn't immediately realize what it was, and when he realized, horrified. If he could, he would have shouted, struggled, screamed, grabbed a chair and cracked her captor tightly as possible. But Gordon could not. Always during these conversations all I could do Freeman — just keep quiet and watch. And listen. And to think. It seems He didn't have to, Gordon said, because He knew it without words. Freeman was enough to think, to be heard, and now He once again confirms this observation.
Gordon thought, He younger. Hell, he's younger!. There was no doubt. Gordon had then noticed it. Then... twenty years after the incident at Black Mesa, followed by a rich succession of events two days ended for Gordon (but not for everyone else... who could pass through it) the destruction of Nihilanth — leader of the first wave of an alien invasion of Earth. And then he woke up in the van EN route to city Seventeen trains — woke up twenty years later and twenty years shrank for him in a matter of minutes, for which he twice face-to-face with this creature that looks like a man, but definitely not a human being. And the second time he noticed that His appearance in some subtle way changed. But after that meeting, Gordon were so many events that he was not when you think about it. But it has now become obvious. Previously, He looked to be forty of fifty, now before Gordon appeared the image of a man in the Prime of life. In a perfectly flat hair was not a single gray hair. The skin is smoothed out, darkened, as if from sunburn. Only the eyes had not changed. Those horrible eyes.
HE leaned on the backrest of his chair and went small quiet chuckle, too smooth and unnatural to be true. Fortunately, it didn't last long.
— When we again meet with you — and I hope that it will happen — I appear before you as a child, I promise. he said in the same flat, lifeless tone. — I see you are not too hopefully. At least, that our meeting will not last long. Because you can't wait to see what the planet looked like now? Or the opposite, don't you want to see what has become of your homeworld that are willing to pull to the last?.. I can if you'll allow me to tell you at least one good news. He paused, as if waiting for a response. — The Alliance is broken. Yes, finally and irrevocably. No, he still holds the planet in its tenacious paws... a big part of it. But now he has nothing to hope for. They lost. The only help that they could still count on help from their homeworld, is not come. The world... I use that word because your language is the most appropriate term to describe the place where they came from... It doesn't matter. Most importantly — this place is destroyed. It doesn't exist anymore And, although you wouldn't believe me, or rather do not want to believe, but this is your merit.
He paused, as if giving Gordon time to comprehend and process what was said. But actually no, because in the next moment, a bright light, sluchivsheesya environment, was extinguished. On the ceiling there was a dark gray and then black spots on the walls crept expanding black bands, as if they were top-watered ink, but these inks had the properties of a black hole and sucked all forever. Soon there were only a table and chairs in which they sat. They were still shrouded in a faint glow. Around was just darkness. Suddenly flashed a flash of lightning. She momentarily lit up the scary sharp spikes that covered the ground somewhere far below. Their chairs and table hovered in the air, and Gordon momentarily dizzy. But he knew that it was another cheap trick — illusion, who so loved his kidnapper. Nothing like that really... Or was... but somewhere else...
And then suddenly lit up the lights. Dim yellow, white, green lights, like the Windows in a residential home.
Yes. This is their home. All this is their home. The only one that they have. They don't know... and those who knew had forgotten I knew.
Gordon is nothing said. He is not trying to understand. All he reported this creature was just confused and confusing.
— Forty years. — suddenly He said. — Is Olga forty years. And do not expect to see at least someone from old friends, Mr. Freeman... They are no longer alive. And even if someone was... Chance that you would meet on the first corner, miserable. Again he stretched his lips into a nasty smile.
Forty years... Gordon was horrified. He twenty years did not recognize his own world — mutilated, crippled Alliance... How many things could happen for all this time? But is no one left alive?.. Dr. Kleiner, Eli, Barney...... Mossman... Do even Alix has not lived up to this time? Gordon couldn't clearly define their attitude towards the daughter of Eli. But despite that, even considering the fact that they were, in fact, only met him a couple of days, he will be very sorry never to see her... as with all the others whom he knew. At this point, Freeman would not have refused to even meet with the Brin — even though he was a coward and a traitor, after all it was the man he knew even better than thought.
Of course, Gordon did not want to accept this information at face value. But he knew that He has no reason to lie. After all, He wants Gordon went there. To Freeman once again has done some dirty work, which Gordon no idea will be until it get finished. So he finds out sooner or later. Most likely right now. And these are his words... the Chance that you would meet on the first corner, a tiny... in Fact it happened in previous times. On arriving at the station, Gordon almost immediately landed in the hands of his friend Barney, and through him to their teachers: Eli Vance and Isaac Kleiner. Oh, Barney did not have time to give him the promised beer... However, Gordon was not ready to forgive the debt, and even his own drunkard Barney for its own account, and not just once, just to see him alive and healthy.
Wishful thinking, you know Gordon was interrupted.
The war was brutal. — letting this another cryptic remark, He paused — But this war — it is always dirty and destructive, isn't it? But this time I went really radical means. People wanted to take back what belonged to them. They wanted to have the planet. Greed is destructive. They learned this lesson. And now they have to tremble over those pathetic fragments, which were able to survive...
Suddenly He put his hands on the armrests and slowly stood up. He looked at Gordon from the top down.
— Mr. Freeman, are you ready? — lips for the last time tried to portray the semblance of a grin. This likeness was not a drop of fun. Especially in those empty eyes.

Download (1.5 MB) — ordinary ZIP archive with creativity in formats ODF, PDF, and FB2. This link will only work for 90 days, but considering that KREOS will still be updated, it is not yet critical. Updated 19 August 2017.

Download (1.5 MB) — same as above, but filled in at PG (and therefore should be available until available Pagac), but this archive with a secret — in fact it's not 7z, and zip.png; wrong extension this for 7-zip'a, which is right extension file does not open, and wrong — no questions asked. If your archiver doesn't open the file — try renaming it to zip.

Long:

From the history of creation
So why the Krebs is called Gamma? Well, we already have a beta Half-Life 2, which leaked to the network back in 2003. After ten years showed up alpha very first, original Half-Life from the beginning of 1997. If the pirates ever steal Half-Life 3 (of course, if it is more than network legend), it would be logical to call the range, i.e. the third letter of the Greek alphabet.
I think now you can guess what this creativity is neither more nor less than an attempt to fungicidal Half-Life 3. Surely someone will object: "how can you write a fanfic for the game that doesn't exist?". But is this nothing can stop this author? :) But if you think about it, this is not an obstacle, but quite the contrary — opens a significant space for imagination and creativity, not limit us by the Canon and allows you to write something that really looks like a work of art, not as a colorful description of the passing game...
Therefore, I could not resist the temptation to write on this topic. Of course, I wasn't trying to predict something that could present to the gamer the original developers in the third part of the game. It is simply impossible. I untied their hands even more than you would expect, since this KREOS written in such a way that it is impossible to say: have there been any events of the Episodes (both First and Second), or not. Although I decided not to completely deny them, and even put the main key points of their story, however, this creativity continues the events of EP2 from the point where stopped the plot of this game is to continue EP2 for me is not interesting. I had originally decided to continue it Half-Life 2. And was there anything between Half-Life 2 and Range, or even between EP2 and Scheme — I leave to the judgment of the reader. It is possible that this a feint ears will Scheme to stay relevant, even if Half-Life 3 suddenly out, and then it automatically from Half-Life 3 turn into Half-Life 4. Or even Half-Life 5... 6... 10... And so on ;)
Finally, I note that the above features of this creativity, the lack of a binding to an existing plot (which, lately, is typical of most of my works...), there is practically no action. In fact, the Half-Life: Gamma in principle, it could be the plot of any game — certainly not the next part of Half-Life. It has too much dialogues and reflection, and virtually no fights and the universe, so characteristic of the vast majority of fanfiction on this game. And maybe that's what distinguishes it from those works (and, last but not least — of my own).

Due to the seriousness of the topic, creativity, strictly speaking, is not a humorous fanfic (unlike the vast majority of my creosol), however, I originally planned to write something more harsh and grim, but it turned out as always :) However, I can't say that it upsets me. Besides, if you think about it, the (anti)utopian world Gamma not so happy, although I do not exclude that not everyone will agree with me why and took the console anti in parenthesis ;)

I want to add that this idea of creativity didn't come to me suddenly. In fact, it's one of those old ideas that occasionally visit me, but for whatever reason (mainly time and the employment of other Creole and other matters) have no implementation. Sometimes I write them in a notebook or a file, sometimes if they are bright enough — keep in mind. I'm with no hurry, as bare of ideas is hard to start. Still need to think through the concept, the universe, characters, and most importantly — the story. And when all this is more or less formalized — that's when I sit down to write... but not always it turns out, something was missing, something stopped — and then the next kreatiff have to be postponed indefinitely...
Now, Gamma — one of those creatives. I find it hard to say for sure, but I think the idea was born not later than 2014 year. First, this was just an abstract idea that I got marked down in my notebook and forgot. From time to time I returned to it, added a few minor details and all. I must say that to the Gamma I have was (and is) far more nuanced ideas already written short passages. Only at the end of July this year were born the first row Range, and I would not say that at this point, the idea took shape, the concept was developed, etc., However, starting the job, I gradually got involved, new ideas appeared one after another, and was gradually wrote the first Chapter almost immediately after her second, third... I Think, now for me Scheme no white spots, and although it is, unfortunately, still far from complete (in my estimation, these six chapters — not more than half), in principle, the plot is already invented, there is little idea about the ending, and left only the most important details.

In General, this release was prepared somewhat spontaneous... Although, putting the last point in the sixth Chapter (I did it somewhere else at the end of October), I immediately thought that this piece quite a fit for the publication. But I was not in a hurry. I had no particular desire to go on NG, and even to present to your attention another unfinished creative... But I hope you understand why I write the next piece instead of finishing the old, I have many ideas, and each one wants to give a chance. And time is running out — tempus fugit — and now it's already November and just recently went Dry of our favorite games HL1 and HL2. I decided that it was a significant occasion for the new publication, albeit a little late to the significant date. Besides, I suspect that if you pull a little more, read my opus won't be about who (if still there is someone...).

But enough about sad, because, like it or not, but I did it again — posted another, albeit unfinished, creativity.
36 Comments
Sort by:
.Nero 01.05.20

*rubs eyes*
Deisis Christ!
*rubs again*
New theme in Folk art!
*furiously rubs*
FGD!
*rubs so much that there is nothing to read already, lol*

if still there is someone...
Download, enjoy reading. Of course, I'm busy at the moment its dull diploma (the subspecies of graphomania, which, as usual, the least interesting), but I'll try to make time for kreo. Opinion will naturally.
//As for the population of these places, I'm not waiting for anyone otkommentiroval the final of the city-9...

PS FGD, how long you're back in the ruins of the Old world?:)

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

>>A new topic in Folk art!
>>DDG!
And sobsna, what is surprising? :) Who else for the last N years of opening new threads here but me?..

About Siti-9 know, really sad. Will try to fix the situation on their part. Have you thought to put it somewhere else? However, as I understand it, now you...

Of course, I'm busy at the moment its dull diploma (the subspecies of graphomania, which, as usual, the least interesting)
The diploma is, anyway, seriously. I wish you success! Hope you get good real thesis, not crap kind of, as some (I the hint...).
PS Remember the saying, quidquid discis, tibi discis, which means: what you have learned, and learn for yourself.

PS FGD, how long you're back in the ruins of the Old world?:)
Every time I come here it is that long, but just something patience is not enough...

.Nero 01.05.20

Have you thought to put it somewhere else?
Thought, just now, not really up to it. Sometimes I find certain imperfections which I want to lightly brush. I just don't know where else to put it, because Samizdat/Prose.ru piss me off, and not very good, in my opinion, for such texts, sites with fanfiction I walk around the side, and Nachalat like bent even before this forum.
In General, I don't know.

Who else for the last N years of opening new threads here but me?..
And really. But if you look closely, only three years ago was the next theme version Rapida:)

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

because Samizdat/Prose.ru piss me off, and not very good, in my opinion, for such texts
Enrage-enraged as much of a choice, hike, no... As for not good, in my opinion, this is a false impression, I was there quite a found some of fanfiction, and CHL, including (not only books Rapid). In the end, fanfiction is the same literature as everyone else (as repeatedly told us Rapid).

.Nero 01.05.20

I was there quite a found some of fanfiction
Yes, I too found... Just self-publishing, in my opinion, more like lovers tanchikov-publisher, with whom I (and my work) is not very common. And therefore is not well suited.

.Nero 01.05.20

TA-Dah. The review arrived.

Here will not parse any errors/typos: they are, in principle, would be enough for a great post, now I just have neither the ability nor the particular desire to do. Maybe later.
I will write in General about their experiences.
What I like: the idea of the renew a timeline of the events of the game in the far future. As far as I know (not much I creosol read...), such was only one GO-schnick in his Salvage, and something had happened, and Salvage was friable and discipline.
In this case, the idea was a success: at least the lack of the usual (and already slightly boring, wandering from Krebs to Krebs) characters is a definite plus that opens wide opportunities.
Pretty well spelled out Margaret: this character appears vividly before my eyes, and remembered what can not say, unfortunately, about the other - the whole Congress, for example, is fused into a homogeneous mass, from which, of course, a little Bobby stands out (but more on that below).
What is controversial: the possibility of humanity after such a harsh war to build such a lovely sealed little world with hi-tech and genetic engineering (by the way, impressions Freeman from the first ride on the Elevator recalled the experience of ELA Bragg from lemovskogo Return from the stars when he discovered that the trains are not observed inertia during acceleration/braking). Of course, the Alliance a lot of things left behind, but I in this case a more realistic situation, a La roadside picnic: leave left, Yes, but how to use it? However, 40 years is a long time to something to understand, but still, in my opinion, controversial.
The new system of education and relationship - hmm, in one generation, such things are unlikely to change. 40 years after the Uprising means, is certainly still alive some of those who at the time of the Uprising, about 20 years old, relatively speaking, the generation of Alix. And this generation is educated in dolyanovsky paradigm, the people who remember how it was before seven o'clock, and I think that these views should be alive and plomley, moreover, that all these 40 years is, in fact, the active life of this generation Alix, when it is determined by public for. And the existence of the after that generation of a completely new system, accept all as it is doubtful and tranquilizers is not explained. For me, at least.
Why the appearance of Freeman so little noticed? He goes everywhere in Heve, understands nothing and stands out, and it almost nobody knows. And this in a world where children are taught its feats! And it's always the same as if his return is a matter of course and quite an ordinary event. And the rumors? In this world there are no rumors?
What's not to like: perhaps, the overall mood of the Krebs reminds me of a mixture of cyberpunk and new trilogiia Star wars (not Disney, and that episodes I-III). On the one hand, it seems to be all seriously, utopian (and antiutopia in the same way), and with another - all it lacks is a certain depth, elaboration, detail, colors. And very quickly the reader can see all the cards: here's to you, the reader, an explanation of what happened to the planet (and how cool would it be to not know almost nothing about this until the very end, to speculate!), here you write out in detail how we all function, but once Bobby gets out and immediately it's clear that she's not who she says (and even know it says claims that its not interested - and Yes, not too reckless with her immediately trust the Freeman's plane?). In General, I as a reader there's enough mystery and intrigue in this kreo. More puzzles! More intrigue!

Overall: 7/10. I'm hardly reflected here all of the emotions that have arisen in me in the process of reading (plus a wonderful Pagac, as usual, spent already written post - thank you Punto Switcher'from his diary that I was able to recover the copy, not to kill again), but tried to pay attention to the most attracted me moments.
In General, Gamma I rather liked it than not, although Rage, in my opinion, was slightly harder and more interesting (aside: it is a pity that the continuation never happened). I understand that some of my claims to this text quite dramatically, but I tried to be objective. And hope to continue.

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

Mmm, rushed you with his umbrella review :) Or is it that I hurried with the computation neobychnogo...
What I posted is only half of the Krebs! Of course, some shortcomings you will probably be resolved in later chapters (but probably will be new ^^'). Unfortunately, at the moment I only have one new Chapter (and that not completely), and I had not taken this KREOS from last year...

Here will not parse any errors/typos: they are, in principle, would be enough for a great post
Damn, has it been that long? :( I do not like it once read... However, and creativity rather big (it is already more than anything else — except Dale, of course, and Snng), so that is where to hide the small but harmful typos...

such was only one GO-schnick in his Salvage
Oh, and I have never read :( Master Strugatsky — I will try to take.

the entire Congress, for example, is fused into a homogeneous mass
But you hopefully understand what role Congress has in this world? ;) So they are as individuals, it is not important. These people could be anything. They have not thought the characters in the foreground.
Compare them with Margaret, it seems to me, not worth it. How much screen time^W^W pages given to her, and how old they are. Not surprisingly, such a contrast.

the possibility of humanity after such a harsh war to build such a lovely sealed little world with hi-tech and genetic engineering
Yes, it is definitely a weak spot, I realized in the process.

by the way, Freeman impressions from the first ride on the Elevator recalled the experience of ELA Bragg from lemovskogo Return from the stars when he discovered that the trains are not observed inertia during acceleration/braking
That's the book I never read, unfortunately. Good?

Alliance a lot of things left behind, but I in this case a more realistic situation, a La roadside picnic: leave left, Yes, but how to use it?
Well the Resistance is the same and before twenty years have not sat idly by, no? Look how Alix famously tarabana on the consoles as on the piano, and Salavatski sausage scheme run past the ball mines :) But Mossman was working with the Alliance, hand in tentacle...
Besides, we're talking about using. And something to use — not need so much. Computer — how because a complicated thing (especially modern), consisting of tens or even hundreds of various chips and circuits. To make at least one such chip can not everyone, and even if you can — it will be very slow, very large, and do not chip, and some chthonic maze of wires %) what's there to do even the most basic principles really unknown to the vast majority (millions, billions) of users! But this does not prevent them somehow to use their high-tech devices, not even having the slightest idea of what mechanisms, processes and calculations taking place in them (I myself don't really know, but they quite fit the definition, though advanced and has user).
You can certainly argue that PC is just the same and was created to be used by the people, for the people, at that time, as a technique of Alliance — no. But it's not that simple moment. After all, who its main users on the Ground? Not Advisers, not Strider, not the stormtroopers, and far more numerous combines and stalkers are former humans, and GO-schnick and, possibly, civil — and these people are the most common. So if a typical citizensi noob can somehow poklatsat buttons Yes to pull rychalsky in accordance with its task, some rebel genius can kolbasit of them something such things and to teach a couple of kids smarter...

And even in CTL people have learned to benefit from the wonders of the zone (the same so-so's), and they are much more odd and strange than the machinery of the Alliance. In General, compared to the Picnic I actually think is totally inappropriate. In the Picnic refers to a civilization totally alien to the person with incomprehensible motives and objectives. They probably didn't even notice some of the little people. Most likely (although not necessarily), it is a sign of civilization ahead of our and civilization of the Alliance by orders of magnitude.
In fact, we cannot say that the Alliance is much much surpassed humanity (otherwise, successful Resistance would have been impossible for him). For a few thousand years, perhaps, hardly more than a dozen (conventional years, based on the pace of human progress, the Alliance, of course, could be much longer). The Alliance first took people through the possession of advanced technology of teleportation (and hence surprise) and a large number of resources (rivet soldiers-synthetic of the enslaved races). Maybe even more correct to speak not about technical superiority, but of specialization. For example, in modern society there is a certain taboo on experiments in genetics and human cloning — Yes there man, take the same GMO hysteria. The Alliance has no such taboo, he freely combines living organisms with the technique, not bothered moral side of the question.
Still it is possible that many miracles, which has the Alliance (the same console, the Citadel, the moving wall) was acquired together with the conquered races, and not invented — we see this in the game, as the Alliance has refined and adopted earthly equipment — weapons, Armored personnel carriers, helicopters... maybe even the same console — only the response of the Alliance on our computers, and before that the Alliance did not possess anything like that, or felt their technology unsuitable for humans.

Besides, personally, I'm inclined to agree with Stanislaw LEM in the sense that super-civilization, though it may, but will not compete with other civilizations, at least, weaker. So I agree with the position Strugatsky that supercivilization is Cordoba, sorgulanan. Thus, the Alliance under the definition of a supercivilization is not suitable...
Although...
Nobody knows what may be sorgulanan. Maybe the pinnacle of humanism is just transliterate all our crawling, mired in wars, conflicts and violence on the planet Xen (small pieces), so as not to suffer in vain, and in its place erect a new, populated entirely hand drawn unicorns that feed on air and sunlight and emit in the course of their life colourful rainbow.. and brandy with lemon.
That Alliance may be thinking that improves the Universe, processing the raw material of planetary civilizations that destroyed half of the dull, useless fellows, and of the other half, slightly less useless, have created a new, more perfect by the standards of the Alliance race.
But really, with this position I can't agree. At least formally, in some ways it can be considered a humanism depends on what is considered human — then the Alliance is really a great humanist, does everything for the harvesters (true Aryans^W people), and the rest (animal), there are only people and must obey and be used for its humanitarian purposes.
But in my view, the true humanism (against the person) cannot be without humanity to live at all (especially to animals). In the case of a superior civilization, Cordoba, overhumidity, it should be expressed most vividly. People such as extremely distant. The Alliance even more.

In any case, compared to the mysterious civilization of the PNA Alliance closer to us. It is possible that their motives are much more complex than they seem, but in any case they are implemented to capture and subordinate races, absorption of resources and possibly settling suitable planets. That is, if not a struggle for territory and resources, for the expansion and enhancement of the civilization of the Alliance — that's right, and that they are not much different from people who only succeeded in developing his own planet.
It is not surprising that people and the Alliance Konqueror — just their similarity determines this fight. In fact, the Alliance and people occupy the same niche. For example, birds, insects and plants are quite co-exist with humans — unlike the large mammals who are close to us much more — and according to physiology, origin, and ecology. Civilization of CTL is not necessarily the super-civilization and it could be a civilization that occupies a completely different niche, and they simply did not notice the presence of people about the same as the person does not notice bugs in the grass which he treads.

The new system of education and relationship - hmm, in one generation, such things are unlikely to change
Is it so radically? :) All sorts of free marriage is already there... I just developed the idea of %D I thought I did enough to logically justify such changes... And system of education and the relationship was broken by the Alliance, and subsequent events have made the problem of maintaining Patriarchal values less important... at least for most people who might perceive it as transition period. But we know that there is nothing more permanent than temporary...

Why the appearance of Freeman so little noticed? He goes everywhere in Heve, understands nothing and stands out, and it almost nobody knows.
Why not find out? You carefully read?..

Spoilermoie was made of real dark grey stone, though the places depicting the flaps of his suit were painted orange and, judging by the fact that the paint peeled off and faded, it was done quite a while ago. However, this has increased the similarity between the true Gordon and Gordon — part sculpture. Freeman looked around and, of course, noticed on myself careful, curious looks.

— How long have you know about my arrival?
— Well-at... — Martin thought. — You were seen in the Park. In the Shopping center. And in the Library.
What do you think they should enthusiastic individuals to run up to him and shaking for a beard^W-in-hand with admiring exclamations? :D anyway... well, Forty years have passed... If you walking on the street, saw Lenin, you would, too, ran up to him and said in surprise: Vladimir Ilyich, are you?!! How many years, how many winters!!! But let's fly on a log?! xD
I rather expect that I will accuse that this is Margaret too easily and unconditionally believed him...
Anyway, do not forget that these people aren't rebels, at least not the ones that was forty years ago. And past exploits have a tendency to forget, and sometimes, on the contrary, cease to be exploits, and even Vice versa.

And it's always the same
Only once in the whole text :P Well, once again Margaret, in an abbreviated form — the one.

And the rumors? In this world there are no rumors?
Well, let's say, there are rumors, and then what? How should it speak, what should I write in the text? And why? And is it worth it?. Creative and so grew to an obscene size, and I realized the strength of half conceived. Don't forget, Gordon spent only one day and one night.

perhaps the overall mood of the Krebs reminds me of a mixture of cyberpunk and new trilogiia Star wars (not Disney, and that episodes I-III).
Well, to call it cyberpunk, perhaps too much, may have some elements... I'm still focused more on the dystopia, the Old Story. Actually, I thought I would note a certain similarity with the Dol (the same Margaret; although the local Galovska Maggie and Greta still different characters).
About Star wars do not understand the similarities. I'm here well, no dynamics at all, only at the end :) And Star wars, this is essentially Bang-Bang, viih-viih (as in II and III — and even through uporotyh boring pretentious dialogues, I hate these parts, am I really doing so badly?!) only I still do (for me, this is generally the best, perhaps, well, except for IV MB — the original after all).

all it lacks is a certain depth, elaboration, detail, shades
So 300 KB of pure text turned out, damn it :( Or you want to say something too and better throw? I don't like to cut...
In General, I'm not going to write a"War and peace, I'm not interested... and Elaboration, depth... this is only a means, the most important thing — the idea of KMC, I showed. MB, the implementation is not the best... But I don't see any ways, no need to fix it. In fact most of the semantic load is due to those of the first Chapter, next will be more adventurous, although I don't know yet, I'm afraid until they are written, what will happen to them is to say is beyond me %)

And very quickly the reader can see all the cards: here's to you, the reader, an explanation of what happened with the planet
Quickly?! %) I'm the opposite of worried that all these table talk may be a bit too lengthy (although for me personally it is these conversations — almost is the Central and most interesting part of Krebs, at least the first part), and it would be strange if Freeman attended the Congress and have not received answers to at least some of his questions. And indeed, as subsequent events showed, the congressmen told him not all...

here you write out in detail how we are all functioning
Sobsno, this was my goal — to try to show what could become of half the universe, how, why, and how it worked. In the spirit of hard SF, although hard, of course, it is not. Of course, one would try to do something in terms of how you describe, configure some intrigue, but I such did not occur. On the contrary, I just like to have everything laid out on shelves and built into a coherent picture, and in my opinion, this is much harder than to organize something full of innuendo, neponjatnostej and surrealism (such as Dol).
More I while anything I will not write, because it will go into spoilers, but the mystery and intrigue can't promise anything. Sobsna, I think that none of their creosol, at least, specifically, intrigues and riddles I wove (except, again, the Dol is determined more by the specificity of the mixed universes of silent hill in the first place; the Noise of the Citadel, except that, and then interchange many people do not like, AFAIR...), and I don't think it's just still a necessary condition for each creative.
But in General, I want to note that all those thoughts and insights, which comes to Gordon, may not necessarily be reality of this universe. Of course, the perception of the Freeman, has its own peculiarities, and you decide to agree with his interpretation or not.

and Yes, not too reckless with her immediately trust the Freeman plane?
Well, what would he do with him? :) Of course, there are options, but they are very shitty and not good enough for him, and why, will not paint, because I'm afraid to go into spoilers. Besides, Gordon is not much of a pilot (actually, I doubt the realism of the aircraft scene, really hoping for comments JetRanger'a, but now, as I understand, you can not wait... Thank you though you responded!).

plus a wonderful Pagac, as usual, spent already written the post
Can't connect?..

thanks Punto Switcher'from his diary that I was able to recover the copy, not to interrupt again
Oh, and in Opera, remember, you can click back, and the text is usually left... But I was already hammered into the habit of writing long posts in Notepad2 and save it to disk. Pagac not at all comfortable with his tiny window. Writing-that's okay, but the editing is generally distorted.

although the Rage, in my opinion, was slightly harder and more interesting (aside: sorry that its never happened)
Can't promise anything, but I certainly remember all of his unfinished Creasy, from time to time reread them and thinking about the sequel... someday I'll finish it... All depends on only during, and as is well known, a limited resource, and it is hard to decide what to spend it for, and what not.

.Nero 01.05.20

Mmm, rushed you with his umbrella review :)
Well, it generalizes exclusively written, I have, of course, no opinion on the complete Krebs, because he did not finish and I, respectively, it did not read.

Damn, has it been that long? :(
Typos like a little, I was more referring to the style, voice and punctuation errors, in which the eye stumbles. I read fb2 option in its sindorskoe reader, so I copy them and comment was not very comfortable, and I wanted to just yet, without distraction, to read the text and get a holistic perception. In the future I will try to make a post with the analysis of at least part of the errors.

Oh, and I have never read :(
Quite a specific product.

But you hopefully understand what role Congress has in this world? ;) So they are as individuals, it is not important.
Their role is quite clear, but still do not agree that the individual is not important. If the reader's attention is focused on them, if the screen time (damn, too late noticed, that inadvertently repeated this back) it gets, you should keep some balance between the position of they're all important, let it be to one person and position though they are not as important, but are the characters, and therefore, should have at least some camber and different.

That's the book I never read, unfortunately. Good?
I've read it three or four years ago, she liked me then more than the first reading (I was only 13, at that age it is quite difficult). There is, as usual, the paradox of interstellar travel, futureshock and society, denying any danger to life and aggressiveness, in General, quite interesting, although typical in Lebowski pretty boring.

Anyway... well, Forty years have passed...
Yes, but okay if Freeman would have been a episode from the past, remember which one and a half oldfaga but they have the feats people bring up, they have to learn it (well, not his face, but at least the suit where another suit, if they have food to provide is not really can?), to worry about, humming like a swarm of bees, Yes, even just to drop jaws to the floor, and look dumbfounded.

Only once in the whole text :P
Yes? It seemed to me, more. Well, if I'm wrong about the amount, then I apologize.

How should it speak, what should I write in the text? And why? And is it worth it?..
[Deleted at the request of readers^W author random spoiler]

I thought I would note a certain similarity with the Dol
I have not read yet Dollars, so then I'll pass.

Of course, one would try to do something in terms of how you describe, configure some intrigue, but I such did not occur.
I meant favorite technique Strugatsky - the rejection of the explanation. They brilliantly used, implying that some things should not proceed from the logic of the particular story and somehow they settle, and should exist as a kind of reality which the reader must accept and attempt to understand what it's about. That is, every last chew authors do not have, they thereby connect the reader to the mental activity.
However, different tasks - different methods. Do not insist on this appointment.

Well, what would he do with him? :)
He would have lost (he actually did) and he would have died. Because the not so hot pilot. Call Freeman to take on the plane is an experienced pilot just because he is a Freeman... Well, it's like the real Bruce Willis to send to the terrorists in Iraq only on the basis that he is in the movie not once did:)

really hoping for comments JetRanger'a
Yes, I too would be interested to read his comment about the final, city-9, but alas.

Can't connect?..
No, instead of sending post, for some reason he rebooted to a page ago, and after returning to the field was already empty.

Oh, and in Opera, remember, you can click back, and the text is usually left...
And in FF I like watching, but this time somehow failed.

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

I was more referring to the style, voice, and punctuation errors
Punctuation I really lame, even the rules that I know still violate (the same compound type, and he opened the door, and she squeaked — constantly finding himself missing the PTA in such constructions)...

In the future I will try to make a post with the analysis of at least part of the errors.
Oh, in Combinat-how is not enough — how many typos were papacino thanks to one him... But he has something everything is automated it, and you don't know, is it worth it to spend your time, not a pity? :) At least, I can and ward to check, and even if some mistakes remain, in the end, the author does not have to be 100% literate (and reader...), as long as no errors were so many that they already cause rejection. And if Krebs gets really interesting and exciting, the small number of errors the average reader will not notice — he is just not up to it.

at least some of the bulge and the different
And for me, this is quibbling. They are quite different enough (for my purposes) is registered. In the end, my goal was not to describe each and every, it is enough to allocate a couple in the first place, there is Martin and March. Frankly even background David/David, Joe, Helen, Victoria and Gustav sketched a sufficient number of CMV strokes so that the reader has formed any impression of the image. MB, is that Viktor was to prescribe in detail, but even it I typed rather to not dump the entire monologue on the March.
Maybe you shouldn't have to describe them all EN masse, for this reason, I minimized the description of their appearance. But again, this is not so important — I do believe that to go into verhoturye descriptions should not, still the reader will imagine the character not the author, and only tired from the excessive descriptions; more than once caught myself on the fact that my imagination sometimes completely ignoret even those details that the author describe bother, creating images completely from nothing. That reread not so long ago, Reserve of goblins by Simak (did you know that Clifford Simak actually Simak, because originally from the Czech Republic?). I read this book God knows when, over ten years ago for sure. And I even remembered some of the images and impressions that remained with me after reading and re-reading the book, I realized that my images were wrong, I imagined the described places and events differently now.

they need to know it (or well, not his face, but at least the suit where another suit
Well, you never know, there was a cosplayer :) I'm for it and gave the example of Lenin. Or are they just afraid (forget about Lenin, think about Joseph Stalin! :D a Billion combines, shot personally by Gordon... Um, Gordon... Hitler... OH SHI~). How do you know that there are Bobby Anderson (by the way, you th something not noted in this reference...) they made up? Sobsno, I don't know ^^'
However, perhaps it is not even that, is not how the rebels with Bobby at the head distorted the history. Do not forget — it describes a society that is close to totalitarian. Perhaps it does not feel full because of Margaret, who was it relatively recently and so have not had time to really deal with it and get burned. Now look at Vizbor — as he ran, barely seeing Freeman, not even for a second, not thinking, immediately mouth. They may simply be afraid of anything new and unusual, or to expect this of any trick.
In fact, it is the same Alliance, and therein lies the irony — they live in a totalitarian society, and live, despite the war, despite the liberation of the occupiers, despite the change of government. Because I was used to. Used to have the dragon — if not someone else, so your own. Not the Brin — so Bobby. Not Bobby — so of someone else...
Apparently, a care in a humorous way disguised the point that I was trying to convey to the reader, and because it isn't seen well. However, Gordon stayed there a little longer.
But in General OK, comment on the suit made, MB, try something to do with it, if I can find a good place. Such things are easy to add initially, when the scenes are still only at the idea stage, but is already written I try to touch the minimum, because this can damage the thread of the narrative and look like prisobachit on the side. To write a new personally easier for me than to recycle old.

although typically in Lebowski pretty boring.
What is more tedious — Solaris or Eden? ;) I remember when I read these books in one collection Solaris then I do not understand, in view of age, do not even remember anything from there really (though, of Eden too, but still more than of the Solaris) as Eden like. After quite a long period, somewhere in the College years, I read both. My assessment has changed to the opposite: the Solaris the masterpiece the Eden — boring XS things. Solaris I don't think boring — used to be able to say so, but not now. Don't even know what LEM can describe such a word. Magellanic cloud, maybe, but not say that quite so directly, in his interesting work, quite well he thought of and described the world of the future, although in our cynical age in these characters already don't believe; I even caught a glimpse of the idea to write parody (not humorous), modern and vulgar in every sense (probably not even a parody, and reinvention is an attempt to depict what could be written now, in our time, to show the contrast between what I wrote then and I write now), but I decided that it would be perceived as a mockery of a classic, so it did not develop the idea :)
And from non-fiction to find examples of easy — the Amount of technology (Fig realized) and that his analysis of the epic science fiction of his time (not even read, although the thoughts he expressed right).
Nevertheless, it was LEM at the time was the most widely read science fiction! //and still remains one of the most my favorite

I have not read yet Dollars, so then I'll pass.
In principle, unaware. You wait, when I finish it?.. Alas, I fear it will take more than a year... :(

I meant favorite technique Strugatsky - the rejection of the explanation.
No no no, that's not an option, not in this case, and I thought that from my post I understand why. This creativity not talking about it... for the sake of explanations, you might say, creativity and wonder! Here Share this technique and used (but not because of Strugatsky, and thanks to silent hill, the world is literally built around this technique; of course, I mean the game, in any case not a film, where, as in Range, all served on a silver platter — and personally for my taste, that it does not spoil, on the contrary, it is interesting to see the interpretation of the Director/screenwriter). Alex, by the way, judging by his post and hoped that in the end Share I explain, but I'm afraid to disappoint him... Well, we'll see. At least, the ending may hint at some possible interpretations of what is happening.
// honestly, sometimes the lack of explanation I was even disappointing. Those same ABS is Reptile Lite^W^W the doomed city, for example ^^' the Book is interesting, but I did not understand what wanted to say to the authors until I read in Wikipedia. I was in shock when about it would seem came the climax... and it all suddenly ended, leaving me to wonder in a state of steetable?!!.
// in principle, the SC in this respect is very reminiscent of that reptile^W^W^W the same Grad. And th, and there and there City :D And there it is not clear where it all came from, and what actually happens, and there... But the CX has the advantage that there is in what is happening — at least in terms of plot — there is some logic, some development, which in the end leads to some kind of conclusion, any result (well, there are even multiple endings for every taste), understandable to the layman and more or less logical.
So reception is generally good, but use it wisely, otherwise you can achieve the opposite.
Although, by and large, everyone will not please everyone (although MB is trying, to the best of their ability? so, well, I'm kind of trying...), everyone has their own tastes...

some things should not rest on the logic of the particular story and somehow they settle, and should exist as a kind of reality which the reader must accept and attempt to understand what it is all about
Well, that's just about the Dollars that said, just about yourself to understand — here the pancake and the author does not understand what he is created!11111 %))) *bash* *bash* *bash*

Bruce Willis to send to the terrorists in Iraq only on the basis that he is in the movie, not once did
And you salupere not looking? :D There he in old age finally, even straining so lazy, the shooting at the crooks, they're shooting at him, and he was perfect papillas recharged directly under the shooting... well, just a year mode turned on :) And the movie is, in principle, not bad, I was actually surprised that amerikanzi a topic raised. It is a pity that Joseph Stalin^W Gordon-Levitt defiled grotesque, ghoulish makeup, I didn't even recognize him. And the use of such a grim zero, it is still unlikely.
// I think in this one movie Bruce stuffed more kills than all previous together! %D Decided to revel in full before retirement?..

No, instead of sending the post he somehow rebooted back a page
o_0 Pagac chromec...

.Nero 01.05.20

In a pinch, I can and ward to check
Ward doesn't know how to style it in speech errors, is what the editors (ideally) do. He can be fed to punctuation, grammar, but errors in the style of Chekhov's proverbial hat flying down, approaching the station, it is better to check the man.

is it worth it to spend your time, not a pity?
I now have time so that know what to do.

What is more tedious — Solaris or Eden?
Invincible:) I had It in a book with the above. That's where the really tedious.
And Solaris and Eden I am very appreciated at first reading, and subsequent.
Actually LEM I've read in five years. The philosophy of it did not touch, although I suspect that there must be very interesting.

The doomed city, for example
Hey, hands off, is my favorite book! Anything ABS I don't reread as often as the Castle. In my opinion, it is fairly simple, and very layered. Every time I read it, discover some new faces.
Strugatsky are generally interesting because they have from book to book, there is a complication, gain perspective. The doomed city including this - about the author's ideological evolution in the first place, no wonder they wrote it so carefully and for good reason could not even conceive that once it is published.
That way, in the Scheme I was disturbed by the moment when Gordon mentally classifies ABS K optimists. Yes they have all the optimism ended in 1962, when they run wrote. The world Noon of Return is not the same as the World of Noon, which, for example, in the Waves extinguish the wind. They do not have time to write the last novel of this cycle, where ever going, in fact, his sentence.

You wait, when I finish it?..
No, simply hands did not reach. I like even once I started to read it, but I don't remember why it's not finished. Something distracted, apparently.

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

Hmm, the error is really a lot, I read only a hundred paragraphs long, ten edits made. Mostly punctuation, but still caught one typo, and in one place wrong coordination of the cases — apparently at some point decided to rebuild a phrase, and not all corrected...

Invincible:) I had It in a book with the above. That's where the really tedious.
Didn't read, unfortunately.

That way, in the Scheme I was disturbed by the moment when Gordon mentally classifies ABS K optimists.
Well, I just World of noon and read until late even got. Now to perceive described in the XXI-XXII centuries. flights to the planets of the Solar system and other star systems, all this tech... other than optimism to call it in any way possible! :(
OK, I can really replace someone else. In fact, for Margaret it is too heavy reading for me as well 5-10 years ago. I just wanted to insert someone from domestic and because I should read more foreign, to find a suitable candidate it is difficult for me. If suddenly you have any thoughts, advise. Kir Bulychev, MB?.. I read once, but Fig will remember about what he wrote there... I recently watched a movie on it, Through thorns to the stars, are interesting.

Hey, hands off, is my favorite book!
Sobsna, I gave in order to show the subjectivity of taste. For you — a masterpiece, for me, not so much. I much more liked the same picnic (in any case not Stalker!) or Snail on the slope... by the Way, wanted to ask you, you don't know how much this book has options? I have three read, all different o_o in One world Noon, with Gorbovski, some other shortened names and others in different, even does not say whether the action on another planet or where, and it clearly shows two lines — the Forest and the Establishment that clearly complement each other, unlike the first two, where only the line of the Woods (more or less) has remained virtually unchanged.

.Nero 01.05.20

Now to perceive described in the XXI-XXII centuries. flights to the planets of the Solar system and other star systems, all this tech... other than optimism to call it in any way possible!
Tech at Strugatsky it is only the entourage, the environment. Again, wrote this world for the sake of the world they are only the beginning of a trilogy about Bykov companions in the Return. In later books it is only scenery.
In General, I recommend reading the Comments to the past of Boris Strugatsky, there he writes a lot about the ideas put into each piece.

If suddenly you have any thoughts, advise. Kir Bulychev, MB?..
I fiction in principle read not so much to (some of LEM and Heinlein, plus Jules Verne in the deep childhood), and from domestic in addition to all the Strugatsky a couple of books Belyaev and many books of Oleg Divov (now its not recommended) do not read, so I'm unlikely to suggest something.

how much does this book have variants?
Anxiety with Gorbovsky. Snail on the slope - itself. These are two separate and self-sufficient author's option, and their first in General, not very satisfied, which led to the creation of the second.
Don't know if there is something abbreviated, it is most likely, Snail, cut by censors under the journal format, i.e. not independent of the author's revision.

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

I fiction in principle read not so much to (some of LEM and Heinlein, plus Jules Verne in early childhood)
I on the contrary, in principle, nothing except the NF, and not read :)

Surely even Bradbury didn't read? I won't say fan, but some of his work I like very much, in particular, 451 (or whatever) degrees Fahrenheit is a classic dystopia, a must-have. More fire and Ice is a very good story.
Interestingly, his work is markedly influenced by Edgar Alanovich^W (as in our beloved pervert of all literature Stevie king), called him his teacher, and even introduced as a character in one story. //do, PoE, Jules Verne, and wells should be read... and finally the classics, Dostoevsky, Saltykov-Shchedrin... And then at school hammered, hammered, nothing but involuntary exclusion from the mention of names that are not planted. Because it's a liability. //although Shchedrin me during my school years I liked, because my house was/is a book with a couple of tales that I found and read myself

Simak is also considered a classic. Personally, I liked It's alive, What could be simpler time? and Reserve of goblins.

Still I can recommend Henry Kuttner Best time ending tin...

Well, really, really recommend Philip Kindred dick... Although at the time, Shary dick become like the doctor-the lame, took a handful of amphetamines and dashed off, not the FBI, not the CIA through uporotyh denunciation of Lemica, he wasn't at all offended and continued to recognize dick as one of the most prominent science fiction USA (MB, he is almost his only truly respected, at least from the Anglo-Americans).
And it was for that. In my opinion, dick can be safely put in one row with LEM and Strugatsky. I read it almost all (up to something and did not get), almost every book I liked, although a very strange (no MB, this is their appeal). Even I will not enumerate, almost every worth reading. In addition, CDF is the most filmed science fiction: blade Runner (at the time recognized as the best NF film), dissenting opinion, Screamers, adjustment Bureau, Clouding (not quite a movie, and the ending is ruined, but otherwise pretty close to the text), the Stranger, paycheck even total Recall (although this is heavily based on, and Prophet do almost nothing and finally so-so) — all based on his of creosol. Some are pretty close to the text, some not so, but that does not negate their validity.
Spoiler you they are even Man in the high castle the series has decided to withdraw:
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A7%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BA_%D0%B2_%D0%B2%D1%8B%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC_%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BA%D0%B5_%28%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%29
BGG, the true flag of UWB:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(Ridley_Scott%27s_series).svg?uselang=ru
I remember in one of his books on lib.ru was missed a little snippet (and all other sites that stupidly copied the text from there), and I even searched/found the book in the original for him. Another Paycheck (paycheck) che is not found in the translation (sort of still is, just under a different name seems to have been), and even tried to translate, but Sharia.

And, of course, can't forget to mention shackley — especially remember a Ticket to tranai, very witty work.
Sollecitudini a fighter for justice, he has written revelatory articles that never were printed, sent to Congress the letters which nobody could read, support honest candidates who were never elected.
Written in 1955, is relevant — at all times!
But all the other I like. Civilization status, risk Premium (in fact, foresaw a flourishing reality show), Pilgrimage to Earth, a Warrant for murder, my spies
Spoilergate my existence began to poison thousands of details. Take, for example, recording device built into my TV. The FBI couldn't get it to adjust, and he was buzzing all night long. I complained hundreds of times. I told them, "Look, no one this unit so no buzzing, and my not giving me a moment's peace!" In response, I have read ad nauseam lecture about the need to achieve victory in the cold war and how. they can't please everyone. Things like this make feel inferior. I began to suspect that my government does is not interested in me.
— Where you want to go?
— In space! I replied.
— That's understandable. But where exactly?
I don't know, ' I said. — Just in space. In Deep Space! In Free Space!
The clerk sighed wearily.
— If you want to get a General visa, you must clearly Express your thoughts. You are going to live on the planet in American Space? Maybe you want to emigrate to British Space? Or in Dutch? Or in French?
— I didn't think that space can be someone's possession, ' I replied.
— So, you have lagged behind life, — he said with a smile of superiority. — United States declared their right to all the space between the coordinates 2ХА and 2B, except for a small and relatively unimportant segment which is claimed by Mexico, the Soviet Union played a space between the coordinates of the 3V and 02. There are also areas dedicated to China, Ceylon, Nigeria...
I interrupted him:
— Where's the Free Space?
— It is not.
— Does not? How far to extend into the space of the border?
— To infinity! — he said proudly.
For a minute I was literally dumbfounded. I never imagined that the entire infinite universe - maybe someone to hold. But now it seemed completely natural. In the end someone had to own the space!
and coordinates of miracles, finally go, the degree surreal inadequate and sometimes worse than pikovskogo %)
More like there was some little story, where he, after serving the correspondence link (link to other planets, consisted in the fulfillment of dangerous works, the few was serving his term), received the right to murder and returned to Earth... Also a very interesting and instructive story, alas, can't remember the name, and not 100% sure that it was written by Sheckley.

And Kurt Vonnegut? Slaughterhouse-five, a Breakfast for Champions — both filmed. The author of the first Cam liked, but not the second, and me the opposite.

Petrosian, in addition to all of the domestic Strugatsky
Che, they were more than two? %D

And Ephraim did not read? Science fiction writer, he's a paleontologist, he's a human-dinosaur^W therapsid :) Its like Strokachi respected. I remember when I tried (MB, 10 years ago) to read either Andromeda, or the hour of the ox, did not work, was too heavy for me then.

.Nero 01.05.20

Surely even Bradbury didn't read?
After writing that post turned around and still I saw on the shelf two books of Bradbury, who I read: just 451 and a collection of short stories the Midnight dance of the dragon. Just forgot to mention him in the list read.

Well, really, really recommend Philip Kindred dick...
Read Android in the autumn, and in the original, I thought to continue their acquaintance with him (I downloaded a long time ago his entire bibliography in English), but somehow hands all do not reach.

they even Man in the high castle the series has decided to withdraw
Also have downloaded, but I decided first with the original to see, series, NES, more in explanation after all.

And Kurt Vonnegut?
Kurt Vonnegut is one of my favorite writers, but I never even thought to relate it to the number of science fiction, it is more phantasmagoric realist.

And Ephraim did not read?
I read a long time ago razor and some book about evidence of some algae, such as not made much of an impression.
Strugatsky it is strongly favored and patronized, and generally had quite a lot of weight in the then literary fraternity.

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

Read kreo and along the way fixed errors and typos (of course, hardly all). Nothing more significant has changed, however, just in case they decided to update it here — the link in the first post now leads to the patched creative.

Damn, one typo is found — the date of the update indicated the year 2016 instead of 2017 xD Okay, is and will remain... hopefully, not for long...

V
VeryOwnLullaby 01.05.20

Got around to reading. Delivered, sometimes even whinnying like crazy)

Funny moments:
— Sorry, I didn't hear you say, pissing round the clock? - FGD, well, you Cho XD

— She's your daughter.
Freeman stared at Margaret like crazy. Or rather, he stared at her like crazy:
— Who-who-Oh-Oh?! - that level of Dumb-LIfe, honestly.

— May be loved, but to love I now may perhaps only her body, but I don't starday perversions! - you can fool yourself, Gordon, but you can't fool us.

Even more relieved he felt when he saw her the most common the toilet — he had already mentally prepared myself for some surprises wonderful XXI century. - Margaret just learned how to use the three shells.

And generally, I during the war with the Alliance hozyaistvom shot -- stop XDDD

What can I say, the idea was amazing. Just in something and had to turn life on earth after the events of HL2. Well, that is, a peaceful life. Not so darkly, not so Sunny. Definitely waiting for the continuation.

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

Kament came when I was waiting for it the least percent) And from whom to expect it and wouldn't dare... (after all, it's your old ACC, or am I wrong?). Overall, a really pleasant surprise. Thank you! Really liked it? :) So, no wonder still deviated to the humor? (Though of course it can, okay. here you go! Initially the work was conceived just after dark...)

With the continued, unfortunately, while strained, still can not take care of him, although the ideas are there, and overall, in my head the story until the very end more or less lined up (in the most General terms, of course).

J
JetRanger 01.05.20

actually, I doubt the realism of the aircraft scene, really hoping for comments JetRanger'a, but now, as I understand, you can not wait
Oh, that's sudden.))
The airplane scene in technical terms, everything is fine. In the end, the aircraft is a super-uber-high-tech futuristic is a fantastic computerized machine, and the control they can do anything.

If to speak about the comments, the attention here was attracted by something else: in fact, Freeman kicked in a fight on a completely unfamiliar technology and with absolutely zero training (a few minutes of simulation before the real mission? Give me a break). Perhaps this is the only place in the story (but a pet store), which is not hard to believe. And why Freeman? The defenders were short of pilots, and he successfully caught the eye of commander Vance, while not being a pilot but Sliva badass-a super-soldier?

About pet store - the local freak show felt kind of alien Convention, as if not from the universe of this story. Biology is my hobby, and such chimeras seem unrealistic in principle, although it is possible that I am unduly picking on minor details. Maybe I was just unsettled free, purely Russian joke with fed round the clock in the same scene.

In any case, the rest of Gamma very pleased. Many relevant details; the perception of events the main character is shown so that it is easy to feel yourself in his place; a clearly defined world, especially the background (by the way, well that laid everything on the shelves, here it was justified); humor as much as necessary so as not to spoil the style (in addition to the above point, which smacks of the absurd). The atmosphere of the story immersed without effort in the narrative to this has and holds. Another creative, which I will continue to wait!

.Nero wrote:
Yes, I too would be interested to read his comment about the final, city-9, but alas.
Already downloaded, will read from the beginning. Although the city-9 has practically become family over the years (he impressed me mighty well), I read it so far in the passages as additions, and probably had something to butcher this.

V
VeryOwnLullaby 01.05.20

xDDGx
Yeah, that's me)

x
xDDGx 01.05.20

Oh, that's sudden.))
For the first time in history emerged in the form of a review, the idea coincided with the first line of the review! Really a pleasant surprise.
Spoiler
// hoped for comments JetRanger'a
Yeah, that's what cast the Almighty does! Oh:

// hoped for comments Sonik Gray
// hoped for comments GO-schnick
// hoped for comments Nihilianth
// hoped for comments Gee-man
// hoped for comments Old herring
No, well... why the lip does not roll?..
// hoped for comments Chuck Norris
// hoped for Dr. house's comments
// hoped for comments... figushki to you, Gabe! Your story I wouldn't sell you for a million dollars! //at least, not in one exactly ^^'

The airplane scene in technical terms, everything is fine.
Basically, I describe them and tried not to get too detail - the devil, as we know, always lies in the details...

in fact, Freeman kicked in a fight on a completely unfamiliar technology and with absolutely zero training
Well so, he's like the first time :)
This time I don't want to comment on, but maybe (maybe...), the next Chapter something clear... //or confuse even more!

Biology is my hobby
Generally speaking, since childhood, I also was interested in biology (and paleontology), and now I love to read articles about what some acorn worms and vendobionta, but of course, in no way call myself a connoisseur, and many of the old knowledge parenteral (in particular, I used to read in entomology, and now I cannot remember how to spell mandibles" and"maxilly).
// and finally the insects were flying shrimps :(

such chimeras seem unrealistic in principle,
I don't know, here in nature is sometimes find that Teddy Beckman in a nightmare prividitsya... Although certainly described by merchant selection of genes of animals is hardly any realistic.

Maybe I was just unsettled free, purely Russian joke
Well, why not? In the end, the book is in Russian for Russian audience, I doubt she ever even think to translate in English %)

However, the book really becomes more, so to speak, an abstract (Juan Pedrosa no one is confused? %) it is a mockery of clean water!) and conditional than intended, but I hope it would be a plus (at least for someone).

(by the way, well that laid everything on the shelves, here it was justified);
Yeah, well, OK, to be honest, rereading it again, I began to feel that I went too far and got boring :( But, in the end, this creative - and not [just] razvlekalochka for Alferov younger age (at least thought).

Yeah, that's me)
Nice to read the comments of the old guard :) there's still a gunpowder in powder flasks! And the mount... er... on the waist!

PS: three comments, three!!! It's a sign!
//the token that was enough for me to mess around and time to get ready for the sequel %)